Maryville, MO
Northwest Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Missouri State University

Lindsay

Northwest Missouri State University had a 22 to 1 student to teacher ratio, so there were plenty of opportunities for more personal learning experiences. Northwest was very affordable and offered resources such as renting textbooks (similar to what you do in high school) versus paying hundreds of dollars to purchase textbooks.

After graduating from college, I realized you never can be fully prepared to choose the perfect college. In life, you live and you learn; you change as you get older, and you will always want different things. Do what makes you happy. Choose a school based on many criteria, not just because your parents went there, your boyfriend or girlfriend is going there, or because they have great parties. You may pick the best college for you right now, but you may change your mind, and that's okay! You are allowed to make mistakes, and you are allowed to change your path. That is life. In college, do what makes you happy. Trust your gut, but do your research. If you are unhappy with your chosen major, switch! Even if you have to take a few more courses, you will be better off in the long run. Join an on-campus organization. You will make many friends, and gain experience in your interests. Plan ahead. Use a planner and practice good time management, believe me, it will catch up to you. But overall, do what makes you happy.

After graduating, I realized maybe the small school I attended didn't challenge me enough. The reputation of this small school isn't as credible as a larger state school. Being in a small town, I missed opportunities to work with real businesses and teachers that have much more experience. The Career Services department didn't offer very valuable resources.

Emil

Apply to many school, even if you think you won't get in. Visit the campuses, involve friends and family in your discision. Go to activies, meet new people, and have fun. Make the most of your college experience, ou can only go threw this time in your life once.

I love the Education Department because it is one of the best in Missouri.

Sunny

I recommend touring many different places before making your decision. I didn't tour any and just went with who gave me the best bang for my buck. I will never regret what I have went through but I always wish I made a better choice. Just because it is close to home is not a good reason to go to college either. Your child needs to be the one that is happy with the decision not the parent. I know that might be hard to come by but if you don't do that then your child could be miserable and give up on their dreams. If they do, you may never get a college graduate out of your child.

I tell them we have an amazing jazz band. I really dislike going to school where I am and will soon be changing it to Western Kentucky University I think. I have not completely decided yet.

The most frustrating thing is trying to find a schedule that will fit your needs in this atmosphere, then it would probably have to be getting anything done in a group setting because even though we are a dry campus, most everybody is hung over 3/4 of the time. grrrr!

There is a lot of school spirit. The town is friendly and welcoming. Almost like a family for some people. Staff, Professors, Advisors, ect., are supportive and helpful some times but you must be self-motivated as well in order to really succeed.

Schedule as many college visits as possible. Get a feel for the campus: the activities, the classes, dorm-life, etc. Ask as many questions as you can think of. Write down the pros and cons of each college you are considering. Narrow your list of choices until you feel you've found the right college for you. Don't allow your friends, significant other, parents, or anyone else to influence your decision. If you choose a college that suits you, you will be happy and enjoy your college experience. When you've finally kissed your parents good-bye, remember to be responsible. Stay involved on campus with organizations that interest you and may benefit you in the future,. If you are feeling stressed, homesick, lost, or depressed do NOT hesitate to find help. Most campuses have professionals who are waiting to talk with you. They are not there to judge you but to help you cope with the difficulties that come with college life. Go to your school's football game and cheer on your team. Attend a school production. Stay active; join an intramural team. Appreciate the freedom but don't forget to call home every now and then.

Someone used to a larger city. Anyone worried about attending school in a small town should be wary of Northwest. During the weekends, many students either go home, travel, or party. The weather is also fairly extreme up here. It is very windy and our winters usually involve a lot of snow and ice.

Keaton

Regardless of differences, they are just like me.

Regardless of differences, they are just like me.

Don't base your decision on what's what your friends are doing or what seems right. Of the top schools you like, you need sit down and talk together (student and parent) about what strengths and weaknesses each school has. Be very detailed, and don't just focus on academics because college is a lot of fun too. Make sure your decision is career oriented as well because that is what college is all about. This is the job before your job.

Steven

My school is big in all sports, we all like to have fun, but when it is time for school we go to class.

We are best known for our football team and our education programs.

Make sure you ask alot of questions and take more than one tour. Talk to some of your professors in the field of study that you want to go into and make sure you like them. Make sure you look at housing and how much books and everything is ging to cost. Make sure it is the right distance you want to be away from your family.

John

don't pressure your children into your profession. they will never be happy unless they choose what they want. Just because something has been sucessful for you doenst mean the same thing will happen to them. they need to want to do something, not see to themselves that "statistically" it is the best for them

Weather, really cold and windy. in the middle of no where geographically

Choir department, awesome friends, football team (nationally known), Great dorms, cute girls

Mary

My school is perfect. The students and faculty are so friendly and the campus is BEAUTIFUL!

Choose whatever feels right. I would highly reccommend getting away from home to gain independence but staying close enough to home that you stll have a little bit of comfort and a place to go! :)

Northwest Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.