Maryville, MO
Northwest Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Missouri State University

Katherine

Northwest is very environmentally friendly, they have recycling bins all over campus. They have a pond surrounded by benches made of ply wood and mainly tree branches. They give you a laptop that you keep all four years and can check it out for the summer and they include textbook fees in the tuition. They also have an elementary school on campus, so if you are going for an education degree you get a hands on experience and it is withink walking distance.

As a second semester freshman in a new environment, I would go back and tell my high school senior self to stay friends with your old friends from high school that are on campus with you. I made the mistake of trying to just focus on making new friends and completely shut out my old friends. I was completely miserable. I was not making any friends and was seeing my old friends with new friends and I hated it. I was so homesick. I was ready to go home and not come back. Then classes started, I still had no new friends, but started talking to my old friends. My main friend group are high school friends, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Through them I had made more friends than I would have if I tried by myself. As long as you enjoy being around the old friends, the new friends will come piling in through them with a little help from yourself.

A person who likes a close knit campus community and small town. Education or agricultural majors, probably benefit the most, but they have really good professors for any major that you want to pursue. Since there is not a lot to do around town and person should like quiet weekends. They also have a lot of Greek Life that can get you more involved in the community on and off campus.

Prabin

Northwest Missouri State University is actually very good university with excellent faculty members and also it has a lot of resources for students.The courses here are flexible.

Mostly students here are serious about their studies and career.

This university has sub urban setup and you can enjoy the place here.Students are from varieties of culture and diversity.There are students from about 20 different countries and they share culture and tradition.Everyone is equally treated here despite of race,religion and origin.most students wear casual dress and they from middle class family.

I am taking Computer Science major.Programming-I is my favorite class as i love to play with codes.The faculty members are cool and they are friendly.Everybody loves their classes and yes class participation is common.Most of students are competitive.Computer science major is one of the popular major here.The course includes a lot of practical exercises and projects.Professors in this department are really friendly and they are never tired of answering questions and sharing their ideas.i spent couple of hours with professors every week.As a whole this major is awesome.

Daron

If I could go back and advise my high school self, I would definitely have to warn me about a lot! I honestly, don't think I could have prepared myself for the transition for college. But, I would tell myself to make sure what I did the next 4 years counted, because it will effect the rest of my life. My first year of college would be the most important, If you let your grades slip then you might be playing catch up for the next 3 years. I would tell myself to have fun, but make sure school is top priority. Mom definitely won't be waking me up for class. And i would also remind myself of who I am and what I stand for. A lot of people go off to college to find themselves. But I know who I am and don't let other people make you feel like you dont fit in or you don't belong here. Lastly, I would tell myself to remember the goal, I want to succeed in life, so I have to fight for it, work for it, and achieve it.

When I tell my friends about Northwest Missouri State, the main thing I brag about is how easy it is to be successful here. Northwest gives so many opportunities to get started on your career. They offer interviews, internships, study sessions, tutoring sessions, jobs and plenty of social opportunities. There are also a strong group of bearcat alumni waiting to help the next graduate of Northwest!

Gabrielle

My school is best known for it's success rate among students. The graduates who have left Northwest Missouri State University have found a career if not right after graduation then no later than 6 months after. Northwest is known for it's many opportunities to help their students succeed. They hold mock interviews, plenty of career days, and they make sure you're on the right track for your major. They want to see nothing but you succeed long after you are a bearcat!

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would first tell myself stop rushing. If i thought the wait for graduation was long, try the wait to go off to college. The anticipation itself could drive you mad. The most important thing I would have told myself is enjoy my adolescense. Not that I dont enjoy my life as a growing adult, but I feel like I sat my entire senior year anticipating the next move, that I wasn't living in the moment. As I sit here as a college student, I cant help but miss the small things in highschool, the easy reading assignments, reasearch essays, pre-calc, weight training, and varsity cheer. I would just tell myself to live life day by day. Don't think about the next day because, like some of my close classmates what if there was no tomorrow? As long as I sat there wishing I was older, I could have been living in the moment and enjoying myself. Being an adult and having a lot more accountability is fun at first, but it can get overwhelming.

Northwest, is full of many different kinds of students and many different opportunities. The only kind of person who shouldn't attend this school, would be someone who doesn't like meeting new people or doing new things. Northwest has many opportunities to get out and get heard. If anyone has the opportunity to attend Northwest MIssouri State University, they should definitely take it. They are all about making their students successful and they are willing to help you along the way.

Andrea

If I could go back and redo my senior year I would take advantage of the AP classes my high school offered. I wish I would have challenged myself more my senior year and taken more classes for college credit. I came in with no credits and it really affected my ablility to register for spring classes. It was also a huge change from high school to college because it had been a year since I had taken challenging courses. I also wish I would have taken classes from a local community college for credit. It would have been nice to come into college with some of my general education classes already completed. Taking more classes for college credit in high school would have given me a great advantage in college. I wish I had taken advantage of that oportunity.

I knew a ton before coming to this school and I love it there. People are really friendly and I made friends really quickly. I wish I would've found someone to be my roommate though. I did not get paired with a very good roommate first semester but luckily I was able to change rooms.

The worst thing is the lack of parking by some of the major buildings where there are a lot of classes. Other then that I love everything about the school.

Katelyn

I would advice myself to sharpen my study skills. College is much more challenging than high school, and one should work to prepare themself for this drastic change.

The worst thing about my school are the outdated books in my school's library. The majority of the books in the library date as far bask as the 1980's. It would be nice to have new, current books available to us, especially those concerning science and related biological fields.

A person that thrives in large classrooms and social settings should not attend this school. The campus is small and the class sizes average around 30 or less people. For those looking to attend a large univeristy with the chacne to meet many people, Northwest Missouri State Univeristy is not for them.

Alexis

Everyone on this campus is friendly and it is small enough to enjoy but far enough away from home.

I would advise myself to try harder in high school because grades really do matter a lot, especially if you are trying to join a sorority or fraternity.

Someone who should attend this school is someone who wants a smaller school. You can practically walk anywhere in the city.

Clifton

It is an excellent, mid-sized university in rural missouri.

It is an excellent, mid-sized university in rural missouri.

NWMSU is known for their education and recreation departments. I recieved an excellent education within the Corporate recreation program

Look forward to your studies. At times it will be a challenge and it will be easy to blow off your studies for the social aspect. Learn as much as you can from everyone that you meet. Take part in all the activites that come your way. Enjoy the learning experience that has been placed at your fingertips.

Maria

The advice I would give myself is to not let the problems at my house and my personal life disturb my grades and my life as a high school senior. If I was organized enough in my life I can be able to handle my school, all the activities I was involved in, and I would be able to manage everyday life problems better.

Northwest Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.