Maryville, MO
Northwest Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Missouri State University

Kala

As a high school senior, I was extremely excited about college but scared of losing the friends I had since I was five years old. I wish that someone would have told me that my friends in high school would always be there for me and there was nothing wrong with making new friends in college. Worrying even ruined some of my high school experiences because I concentrated on how they would be ending instead of enjoying the moment. I spent a lot of time stressing about all the things I was going to miss out on once I moved away from my hometown. On my first day of college, I begged my mom not to leave me there alone. For the first semester I went home almost every weekend, did not attend very many football games, and missed out on a lot of awesome experiences. Since then I have met new friends and had amazing experiences at college and can still go home from time to time and meet up with the friends I've always had. I just wish that I had worried less my senior year and lived more in the moment.

Before I came to NWMSU I wish I had known how important it is to meet new people. When I was a freshman I went home almost every weekend to hang out with my friends from high school. Now that I am a junior I have a lot of friends from college but I regret not meeting new people and making new friends my freshman year. Your friends from home will always be important people in your life, but you could miss out on other great people if you choose not to take the opportunity to meet them.

The worst thing about my school is the winter. It gets extremely cold and snowy and there aren't very many close parking spots so students have to walk a ways to classes in the cold.

Tamara

This school is a small school with big school spirit.

This school is a small school with big school spirit.

I have made friends I would not have made otherwise, gone places I wouldn't have gone and learned about life. It has been a valuable experience because this is the time to make mistakes and still have do-overs allowing the chance to learn without facing disastrous consenquences.

A person who is looking for an elitist society where all you do is put others down.

April

Starting the very first day of college I knew that I was ready to make this next big step in life. Though I haven’t been attending college long, I know that this is the right step towards the career and the life that I want for myself. So far college has shown me that I am responsible enough to handle what life throws at me. Learning this after just one semester makes me really excited to eventually go on and get my PhD in Chemistry. I have met so many people and learned about different cultures it has proven to be worth my time and money to be here. It has given me new value and meaning to friendships, and the connections that can be made between a professor and a student. The value of education has really been brought to my attention too. The fact that I can set my mind to do something, and that I can make a difference motivates me to keep trying harder. I don’t know what I would have done if I missed out on this experience.

With the summer session all students have to go to, the school does a really good job at letting you know what to expect and how they are different from other colleges. There are plenty of times to ask questions and get information. I felt that I knew what I was getting into when I came here and the move from home life to college went smoothly.

A person who is looking for a moderate size college that gives ample opportunities, at a reasonable price has chosen the right college by coming here. The college is big but not so big that it is hard to connect with professors and other peers. If they like a laid back atmosphere, but still wants to have the opportunity to do multiple things this is the right town and college to be a part of.

Chelsea

Northwest MO State is best known for its outstanding football team, academics, and community service. In each of these areas, the students at my school excel. Our football team has three national championships, with the most recent being in 2009. Our academics offer plenty of majors and minors so that there is something for everyone. The students at my school constantly are giving back to the community through volunteer efforts. These three things, along with many other great things, make Northwest an excellent school.

During my time at Northwest Missouri State University, I have had numerous fulfilling experiences including community service, leadership skills, excellent training for my field, and life-long friendships. Through my involvement in Sigma Society, I have participated in many different community service activities in our community, as well as in Kansas City. Also, my executive position in this organization has helped me refine my leadership skills even more. Northwest is known for an outstanding Elementary Education program, which is one of the reasons I chose to attend this school. Throughout my classes so far, I have had multiple outstanding experiences that will assist greatly in my pursuit of a teaching career. Ever since my freshman year, I have made some of the best friends possible. I can easily see these friendships staying close to my heart well into the future. My experiences at Northwest have taught me many things, especially who I am and who I want to be. I greatly value the preparation it has provided me for my future career, as well as the appreciation I have learned for what I have and what I can accomplish.

Just about anyone should consider attending this school. However, if you are not ready to devote the required time to your studies, or to sometimes choose writing a paper over hanging out with friends, this school may not be an excellent choice for you. Also, if you enjoy being in a busy city with a lot to do on the weekends, Northwest may not be the right choice for you. Weekends in Maryville get pretty quiet, and we are at least 30 miles from the nearest "city."

Lakeisha

I have learned that without an education, I will not be able to make it very far knowing that I only have myself to depend on. Attending community college has increased my decipline and sharpened my determination in reaching my goal and filling the void of my placement in the world. I have come to realize that I have missed so much, and doing what I can to take it all in so that I am able to effect change in other lives. El Centro Community College has been a very positive experience thus far. I have had good teachers and really good teachers and fun classes, which all aides in helping me to retain information. I plan to graduate from El Centro.

When choosing Northwest I loved the town, the look and size of the campus, and all the activities available. I loved that Maryville is a small town where everyone supports the college, especially during football season. It's a beautiful campus, but not so big that you need to take a shuttle across it. The people are friendly on campus and in town. I can honestly say I've made friends here. There are many campus activities to get involved in. I'm currently involved in Navigators, Sigma Society, KON, and AAFCS.

My freshman year I transferred to Northwest from another college because I was miserable there. I can honestly say I'm happy at Northwest and that it has changed the course of my life. I came in undecided, but with the help of my Northwest advisor and the fact that Northwest had more majors to offer than my previous school, I decided on a major I now love. I now know that I want a career helping people. At Northwest I started to attend a Christian group called the Navigators. I had always believed in God but through the Navigators my life has been changed. I have not only learned about God, but I have a passion for it too. It gives me a deep sense of purpose, happiness, knowledge, and new found friends that I know I would never have experienced if I had stayed at my old school.

Oh the worst thing about Northwest is definitely the weather. I'm from Kansas City and a hundred miles north makes all the difference. We get blizzards and it's freezing when the wind blows in. Maryville is a small town, so if you need anything beyond what the local Wal-mart can provide you have to drive thirty minutes to a bigger city.

Andrew

Northwest is a beautiful campus that offers many oppurtunities, both social and academic, that many bigger schools offer for a more affordable price, which allows students to come from over 200 hundred miles away and get a good college education.

Northwest is a small school that offers great opportunties to interact with students and teachers. The university loans textbooks and laptops to every student instead of making them purchase these items and this is very unique. Northwest Missouri State also has a great social life and because of that you can meet friends you will have for life. Northwest has a great business school with knowledgable teachers and also has one of the best education schools in the country. Northwest also has the best football team in Division 2, which is a unique way to entertain students on saturdays.

College has opened doors that would have stayed closed had I not attended. I have been blessed to attend a great university that allows me to be individualistic and follow my own path towards graduation. College has allowed me to grow as an individual by learning both in and out of the classroom. My course work prepares me for the real world and one day finding a job in my respective field. My social life has taught me lessons of true friendship, money managment, and even lessons on how to be responsible on my own. I have taken away memories that will last me that I can look back on and enjoy if I ever live far away from my friends. I have taken away the importance of having supporting parents who are there to bail you out of a jam when needed, whether that be mediphorically or physically speaking. College has given me opportunities to help out in the community and part-take in concerts and athletic events. And finally the reason college is so valuable to me is because it has alllowed me grow into a man that will be ready to conquere the world upon graduation.

Rebekah

So far I have learned more about myself than I ever knew. I meet new people every day with different views on life. In school, I am learning skills I never had before. Not only in art but in my time management and structuring schools. I love my school experience so far and hope to finish my schooling quickly.

Ashlee

So far, my college experience has taught me that it is important to study for the tests and that college is a lot harder than high school was. It has also taught me that it is not only important to study but it is also important to go to class so that you know exactly what is going on in the class. It is easier to learn the material if you read the textbook before you go to class. It is also easier to learn the material if you go to class.

The best things about my school is that the textbooks are free and they have meal plans that are included in the tuition. Having the textbooks provided is very convenient because I did not have to make sure I had the money to pay for them. Having a meal plan included in my tuition was also convenient because I do not have to worry about having cash to eat.

Any person who wants a valuable education should attend this school.

Donniqua

I’ve gotten lots of experience by going and committing to college, first and most important is knowledge without knowledge you’re not going to get anywhere. I’ve always have been told that knowledge is power and with it and all the others who are to changing the world. I’ve also gained confidence by gaining knowledge, how? well with the things that I’m learning I’m confident in myself knowing that I am educated and the choices that I will make will be well though out and smart because I am educated. Another is a "go get them attitude” if I don’t take the initiative to get up go to class, take notes, sit threw class lessons, take tests do homework your not only wasting your time but you professors and all your peers and lets not forget the people and companies private schools that have set up scholarships and grants for you to go to school. College has been valuable to me in the fact that I’m gaining so much out of it like timing , being respectful to my peers and teachers, as well as how to be focused and have drive and determination.

Northwest Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.