Maryville, MO
Northwest Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Missouri State University

Madison

Northwest Missouri State feels like a true home away from home.

Northwest Missouri State feels like a true home away from home.

Northwest Missouri State is unique in many ways. First off, the campus is an arbitrarium- which means on campus one of every species of tree is planted. The campus is absolutely beautiful, and the faculty are welcoming and truly care about their students. At Northwest Missouri State I am not just another student, the faculty here know most of their students by name and they want to help them succeed in all aspects of the college life.

Although I am just a freshman, college has truly taught me many life lessons. For example, if I want to eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, no one is there to tell me I cannot do that. And no one is there to help me separate my dark clothes from my white clothes when I do laundry. Living on campus has taught me to manage my time- that way I have time for the pizza and the laundry, but also time to study. Unlike high school, teachers in college are not going to be as lenient. Having the teachers push me to succeed has taught me that if I want the good grades then I must work hard and always put my best "work" forward. However, college is not all out the education a student receives. I believe that it is more about the life lessons they learn while earning the education, and I would not trade those life lessons for anything in the world.

Ashlee

I have gained independance during my college experience. I have learned how to take care of myself. I have also learned valuable skills like study strategies and financial responsibility. Northwest has been the best school for me and I absolutely love it!

Irving

COLLEGE: A whole new chapter in life? College is a new life for me. I have grown up after my four years in high school. I learned to be more respectful and much more independent. There are many things I have succeed that it seems like I already picture on what life going to be as. During my life in college, I have been with people who love me and people who hate me. I see the picture more clear and visualized that college is the first chapter in my lifetime to play smart and not to be distractive with to people who do not take life seriously. This is my college experience. I hope u enjoy.

Hiedi

College has been such an amazing experience, and do not get me wrong, it is hard, but having the chance to get an education and start on the journey for the career that you have dreamed about from childhood is a great chance. A chance that I am priviliged to get and thankful for. College has helped me set the picture into view. I had layed out the cornerstone in High school and not I am building it brick by brick.

My classmates are very helpful and eager to help others.

My classmates are very helpful and eager to help others.

I have gotten memories that will las me a life time. Each one of my friends wil be with me forever. The teachers here are very he;pful and are here to see us suceed.

I consider the avaiblity of on campus jobs to be the worst thing about northwest.

Mackenzie

I have gotten a completely new life. In high school you are so completely sheltered. In college, you get the chance and opportunity to meet new people and branch out. With so many new opportunities, I have been able to find new hobbies and interests. Due to Northwest's vast activity choices, I am now in the American Sign Language Club and am minoring in Deaf Studies. To make things short, college has opened up my eyes to a completely different life for the better.

Being here in Maryville there is a huge competition to get jobs. If you don't qualify for work study you will not receive campus jobs. It is even kind of hard to get jobs in Maryville off campus. If you need a job, start looking early in the summer when there are actually openings at businesses. If you wait until August to apply, you won't get a job.

If I could go back I would tell myself to pay attention in school, learn from the mistakes of others, set goals I can achieve, prioritize my time better, do my homework on time, study, study, study, become more involve in the activities that are offered to me, try new things, don't try to hide in the background, be my own person, listen to my family, surround myself with positive people. Don't let negative things be the outcome of my high school career whether it be relationships with family, friends and people you come in contact on a everyday basis. Next, the little things like watching my diet, study,study,study, pray for guidance and understanding in my life and just BE YOUR OWN PERSON and confide in the people that love and care for you. Be more open with the problems you have in school whether it be academically or within yourself.

Some things that I wish that I had known before I had came to this school is knowing that studying is a MAJOR thing and that having study skills is a must and not only that but to have good study skills. Also paying attention to detail in schooland look for the important things in school and become involved. Prioritizing is a must because you have to do that alot in college, to be able to manage your time and set obtainable goals for yourself. Lastly to do well to get scholarships and the stress becomes less in your life.

I think the person that should attend this university is a person who is open-minded about new things, willing to take advantages of what the university has to offer and like to have fun but be a student at the same time. Also a person who need one on one attention with their teachers and is willing to learn.

Kathleen

If I could go back I would tell myself to let loose, and enjoy my college years. To study hard, but to also relax with friends. This is the last stage of feedom in ones life, and it is meant to enjoy. Another peice of advice I would pass along is not to pay attention to what others say, not to take it personally. It's college, and everyone is under pressure just the same. Everyone needs to relax. If I could go back, I would pass along the advice to enjoy life. Also, a quick study tip, use notecards! They help tons.

I think the worst thing about Northwest is it can sometimes be considered a party town. The campus is a "dry campus", where no alcohol is allowed. However, there is always a party somewhere in the small town. The bars also let students in when they turn 19, which causes a huge problem, they may not be allowed to drink, but they usually find a way. This can be a negative image for the University.

I brag about all of the fun organizations the campus offers, and how the town is a "college town" . Everyone supports the school in the area, and everything is about school spirit. We also have an amazing football team, and football games are a huge hit around here. I also brag about the class size. It's small enough to let everyone be involved, but not too small to feel singled out. I love telling people about our school!

Karlie

Extremely high school spirit for our varsity teams, students and professor alike. learning environment is great. The professors love to help with anything that the students may ask.

I would tell myself that its a lot more intense then any high school class has ever been. That studying is a must! And to go to bed earlier and wake up at least a half hour before class to eat and to prepare myself for what the day is going to bring. There were so many days that I woke up completely tired and not wanting to go to class, therefore during the classes I barely took any of the information in, leaving me really lost and confused with the information later on.

The tuition is high and still rising, and the lack of jobs on-campus that pay well enough to keep the students above water with their financial situations. The housing both on and off campus is really expensive.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to not stress and worry. As a senior in high school the little things in life always seem to create mountains and obstructions ahead. Days seem to never cease with due dates, homework becomes a mess of applications, and you seem like no one understands what you are going through. Well, if I am going back to talk to me, I do understand. I would tell myself, do not worry. You are someone now and you will be someone in the future to come. Little by little taking baby steps to our goal will break those mountains into hills, than grains of sand. I would tell myself, instead of worrying, create an organized schedule. First, take care of yourself and well being. Then tackle the papers needed. Initially, work on applications that need little or no help. Paperwork that require a second opinion, ask and you shall receive the answers and the help you need. There are people surrounding you wanting to help. You are not alone. So Steph do not worry, God has everything under control.

Northwest Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.