Northwest Missouri State University

« See more reviews of Northwest Missouri State University

Northwest is a small school that offers great opportunties to interact with students and teachers. The university loans textbooks and laptops to every student instead of making them purchase these items and this is very unique. Northwest Missouri State also has a great social life and because of that you can meet friends you will have for life. Northwest has a great business school with knowledgable teachers and also has one of the best education schools in the country. Northwest also has the best football team in Division 2, which is a unique way to entertain students on saturdays.

NWMSU is located in a larger rural town. All the town resisdents support the university and the athletics very well. The university's atheltic teams are always in the top of the best in Division II sports. In fact, the football team has made it to the last five national championship games and last year, 2009, they won it. NWMSU is within two and half hours from Omaha, Nebraska, two hours from Kansas City, Missouri, and forty-five minutes from St. Joseph, Missouri. This is good because there are big attractions within a short drive.

When choosing Northwest I loved the town, the look and size of the campus, and all the activities available. I loved that Maryville is a small town where everyone supports the college, especially during football season. It's a beautiful campus, but not so big that you need to take a shuttle across it. The people are friendly on campus and in town. I can honestly say I've made friends here. There are many campus activities to get involved in. I'm currently involved in Navigators, Sigma Society, KON, and AAFCS.

Northwest is very environmentally friendly, they have recycling bins all over campus. They have a pond surrounded by benches made of ply wood and mainly tree branches. They give you a laptop that you keep all four years and can check it out for the summer and they include textbook fees in the tuition. They also have an elementary school on campus, so if you are going for an education degree you get a hands on experience and it is withink walking distance.

Northwest Missouri State University is the perfect distance from my hometown because it is far enough that I will not be tempted to go home every weekend, but yet still close enough that I can go home over long breaks. The size of the student population was also a major factor in my college choice. I enjoy the smaller community because classes provide more intimate discussion and students are more likely to know each other when passing on the sidewalk.

Northwest Missouri State is unique in many ways. First off, the campus is an arbitrarium- which means on campus one of every species of tree is planted. The campus is absolutely beautiful, and the faculty are welcoming and truly care about their students. At Northwest Missouri State I am not just another student, the faculty here know most of their students by name and they want to help them succeed in all aspects of the college life.

Northwest Missouri State is very unique compared to many other colleges I looked at. Not only is the faculty amazing and willing to give as much help as you need, but the courses are flexible and unique so you can almost take any class to fit your academic needs. Also Northwest has a beautiful campus with a lot of history and friendly surroundings which helps with your schooling as well.

Northwest Missouri State University had a 22 to 1 student to teacher ratio, so there were plenty of opportunities for more personal learning experiences. Northwest was very affordable and offered resources such as renting textbooks (similar to what you do in high school) versus paying hundreds of dollars to purchase textbooks.

I enjoyed Northwest Missouri State because it offered ranked academic programs while providing the feel of a smaller school. I was able to participate in sports, attend extracurricular activites on campus, and get to know many of the other students and teachers while concentrating on my academics.

There is a lot of school spirit. The town is friendly and welcoming. Almost like a family for some people. Staff, Professors, Advisors, ect., are supportive and helpful some times but you must be self-motivated as well in order to really succeed.