Nampa, ID
Northwest Nazarene University

Video courtesy of Northwest Nazarene University.

Find a college you truly love with Northwest Nazarene University, a Christian liberal arts university in Nampa, Idaho committed to excellence in all levels of learning while fostering the spiritual growth of its students. At NNU you can engage in hands-on internships, service-learning and mission opportunities, while continuing to grow in your faith in a supportive faith community.

View the Full Summary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Nazarene University

Fixed  rate loan

christal

I would advice myself to work hard in college. As if I was speaking to myself I would say, "don't give up. I know it seems like the world is against you and I know you feel lonely and discouraged I know you can use education to find something better for yourself. Don't let your dreams go just because people are bringing you down, you're stronger than that. Get involved with student run activities, be appart of something. Make yourself known, make yourself needed. You have something to offer the world, you're a smart girl. Show them that you have that potential. Prove to them and yourself that you are in control of your life, you decide who you're going to be not anyone else but you. You've dreamt big all these years, be persistant and make your dreams a reality." I wasn't as motivated because of a divorce that had occured at the time and I really let myself slip thinking that I had nothing going for me. But others helped me, teachers encouraged me to look past all that and find something better.

My classmates are outgoing, friendly, and caring.

My classmates are outgoing, friendly, and caring.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition successfully, I would remind myself as a high school senior that this is a big change and it won't be easy. I would tell myself to be open and friendly, make friends and work hard. And don't be afraid to try something new, even if it isn't "your thing". People will get homesick and leave, but surround yourself with the people that are just as excited to be there as you are. Keep in touch with all the members of your family when possible, but become close to those you live with. They will be your family for the year. Do not get so enwrapped in homework that you forget to have fun and friends. And don't let the summers keep you from contacting your new school family.

How friendly and caring the professors, staff, and students are.

Dawn

You need to start college right away. You can make the money you will need to get through college, and still gain work experience that you need in life. It is important to find out about the colleges around you so you can make the right decision about where you want to go. Sometimes the most important thing is not going to a college that is widely known. You will need to work hard and not take a break from school. In the long run, it will not benefit you to put your education aside.

Kaitlyn

The students at NNU love to have a good time and laugh but also have the ability to get the job done when it comes to accudemics.

I would just say take every opportunity that comes your way. Apply to every college your interested in and don't sell youself short. And don't get impatent waiting for college to come. The stage you're in right now can also be fun, exciting, and meaningful if you work to see how you can grow right now.

The best thing about NNU is that the small student body allows you to have better access to the teachers and feel more comforable around campus instaid of feeling lost in a mob of people.

Tabitha

Research schools thoroughly. Don't choose a school just because it's convenient and you've heard things about it. It's fine to start at a community college, but it's really best to go into it knowing what school you're going to transfer to, so that you can tailor your education there to fit with what you'll need at your four year univeristy. And even if you think you know what school you want to go to, ask an advisor or someone about other schools: it really is worth it. Pay attention to what your advisors say, since they really do know more about what credits you need than you do, despite what you may think. It's good to get second opinions on everything, though, and to take time making big decisions.

Brianna

NNU is an open and welcoming school with pleasant people and magnificent learning opportunities.

I would encourage myself to take more AP classes to get prerequisites out of the way. I would start looking for scholarships earlier and do my best in order to get the highest grades possible so I understand things better as well as make more opportunities to earn scholarships. I'd work on making good habits so that it would not be as difficult to transition into college life.

The worst thing about Northwest Nazarene University is that the price is so high.

Andrea

Not becoming a student until after my thirties, the first advice I would give myself now is to apply myself in high school and push myself to achieve excellence in my high school academics - take school more seriously. I would also advise myself to apply for college and stay determined to attend regardless of the obstacles that arose. I would try to explain to myself that I should trust myself and stay confident and determine and not to lose sight of my goals.

The location in Nampa is not great if you don't have a car of your own.

NNU is a small campus but has the technology and organization of larger campuses. Everyone is helpful and friendly. The amenities are above average with a great cafeteria and library. Student exercise and wellness facilities are excellent.

Richard

I've learned that no matter what has happened in your past or what you've done, you can always pick yourself up and move forward if you put forth the effort. My college experience has been valuable to me because it was in college that I received the push that I needed to take control of my life, and be the best person that I can be. Through the good and bad college has taught me a lot, and I know that if I keep trying and if I keep pushing forward I will succeed!

Jeanette

I recently became a single mother. I have two children. My son has a brain disease called Sturge-weber and suffers from seizures. I have decided to go to school to become a physician assistant so that I am able to provide for three of us. I have a great support system which will help me to accomplish my goals. As a physician assistant I hope to help some of the people in my community who cannot afford expensive health care costs. I also plan to attend mission trips where my services will be needed. Currently I am attending my community college part-time, raising my two beautiful children, and working as a part-time janitor. Being able to attend college is very important to me because it will help me to become financially independent, and give me the opportunity to pursue my passion for medicine. Thank you for this opportunity.

Northwest Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.