Nampa, ID
Northwest Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Nazarene University

Additional Loan Options

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

alyson

I could create an endless list of adive to give my former self. I would begin with handing over a complete guide of the financial aid world; I would stress the importance of financial aid and how expensive school really is. Going along with the expenses part of college, I would advise myself about the trickery of college books. You buy the books for a crazy dollar amount and sell them back for less then 75% of what you paid. A helpful tip I would pass along: Buy used books then sell them to fellow students you know will be taking that class next semester. Fellow students will pay more for your books than the bookstore. The most important peice of adivce I would give to my former self is that your envolvment with the school is just as important as your academic progress. Creating many relationships, prfessional and personal, and involving yourself with the school will create a memorable learning experience.

I haven't started classes yet...

I haven't started classes yet...

I would start at a community college to figure out what I want to do and to avoid student loans. After completely my Associate's, then I'd transfer to a 4-year university.

A person who is well-rounded, dedicated, and true to his/her faith.

NNU is very academic focused and a great community to be involved in.

NNU is very academic focused and a great community to be involved in.

I would tell myself to pay for the A.P. classes and C.P. classes that I took so I would already have a head start on college. I would also try to do more afterschool activities. I would start filling out scholarships during that year so that I had better financial aid. Lastly, I would tell myself to find time to relax because even though all this stuff needed to get done, I shouldn't worry myself so much and have some fun. I would have loved to enjoy being a teen more rather than stressing over my future.

I would consider the price of the school to be the worst part because even though it is a great school it can sometimes be difficult to find al the money you need to attend the school.

Leah

If I could go back in time and speak to my high school self about college and what I know now, I would definitely tell myself to just be enthusiastic about the transition in every aspect. The transition for me honestly wasn't that hard. The only things that I had difficulties with was simply being overly nervous and scared about starting in a completely different institute. I continued with my focus and good grades, but just remained a very reserved person. I would definitely give my high school self the advice to stand out and not be shy. I ended up making friends quickly enough for being a shy person and I always made good grades, but my nervous attitude about college would have disappeared had I had a lot of confidence in the transition going into it.

christal

I would advice myself to work hard in college. As if I was speaking to myself I would say, "don't give up. I know it seems like the world is against you and I know you feel lonely and discouraged I know you can use education to find something better for yourself. Don't let your dreams go just because people are bringing you down, you're stronger than that. Get involved with student run activities, be appart of something. Make yourself known, make yourself needed. You have something to offer the world, you're a smart girl. Show them that you have that potential. Prove to them and yourself that you are in control of your life, you decide who you're going to be not anyone else but you. You've dreamt big all these years, be persistant and make your dreams a reality." I wasn't as motivated because of a divorce that had occured at the time and I really let myself slip thinking that I had nothing going for me. But others helped me, teachers encouraged me to look past all that and find something better.

My classmates are outgoing, friendly, and caring.

My classmates are outgoing, friendly, and caring.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition successfully, I would remind myself as a high school senior that this is a big change and it won't be easy. I would tell myself to be open and friendly, make friends and work hard. And don't be afraid to try something new, even if it isn't "your thing". People will get homesick and leave, but surround yourself with the people that are just as excited to be there as you are. Keep in touch with all the members of your family when possible, but become close to those you live with. They will be your family for the year. Do not get so enwrapped in homework that you forget to have fun and friends. And don't let the summers keep you from contacting your new school family.

How friendly and caring the professors, staff, and students are.

Dawn

You need to start college right away. You can make the money you will need to get through college, and still gain work experience that you need in life. It is important to find out about the colleges around you so you can make the right decision about where you want to go. Sometimes the most important thing is not going to a college that is widely known. You will need to work hard and not take a break from school. In the long run, it will not benefit you to put your education aside.

Kaitlyn

The students at NNU love to have a good time and laugh but also have the ability to get the job done when it comes to accudemics.

I would just say take every opportunity that comes your way. Apply to every college your interested in and don't sell youself short. And don't get impatent waiting for college to come. The stage you're in right now can also be fun, exciting, and meaningful if you work to see how you can grow right now.

The best thing about NNU is that the small student body allows you to have better access to the teachers and feel more comforable around campus instaid of feeling lost in a mob of people.

Tabitha

Research schools thoroughly. Don't choose a school just because it's convenient and you've heard things about it. It's fine to start at a community college, but it's really best to go into it knowing what school you're going to transfer to, so that you can tailor your education there to fit with what you'll need at your four year univeristy. And even if you think you know what school you want to go to, ask an advisor or someone about other schools: it really is worth it. Pay attention to what your advisors say, since they really do know more about what credits you need than you do, despite what you may think. It's good to get second opinions on everything, though, and to take time making big decisions.

Brianna

NNU is an open and welcoming school with pleasant people and magnificent learning opportunities.

I would encourage myself to take more AP classes to get prerequisites out of the way. I would start looking for scholarships earlier and do my best in order to get the highest grades possible so I understand things better as well as make more opportunities to earn scholarships. I'd work on making good habits so that it would not be as difficult to transition into college life.

The worst thing about Northwest Nazarene University is that the price is so high.

Northwest Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.