Nampa, ID
Northwest Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Nazarene University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Tabitha

Research schools thoroughly. Don't choose a school just because it's convenient and you've heard things about it. It's fine to start at a community college, but it's really best to go into it knowing what school you're going to transfer to, so that you can tailor your education there to fit with what you'll need at your four year univeristy. And even if you think you know what school you want to go to, ask an advisor or someone about other schools: it really is worth it. Pay attention to what your advisors say, since they really do know more about what credits you need than you do, despite what you may think. It's good to get second opinions on everything, though, and to take time making big decisions.

Brianna

NNU is an open and welcoming school with pleasant people and magnificent learning opportunities.

I would encourage myself to take more AP classes to get prerequisites out of the way. I would start looking for scholarships earlier and do my best in order to get the highest grades possible so I understand things better as well as make more opportunities to earn scholarships. I'd work on making good habits so that it would not be as difficult to transition into college life.

The worst thing about Northwest Nazarene University is that the price is so high.

Andrea

Not becoming a student until after my thirties, the first advice I would give myself now is to apply myself in high school and push myself to achieve excellence in my high school academics - take school more seriously. I would also advise myself to apply for college and stay determined to attend regardless of the obstacles that arose. I would try to explain to myself that I should trust myself and stay confident and determine and not to lose sight of my goals.

The location in Nampa is not great if you don't have a car of your own.

NNU is a small campus but has the technology and organization of larger campuses. Everyone is helpful and friendly. The amenities are above average with a great cafeteria and library. Student exercise and wellness facilities are excellent.

Richard

I've learned that no matter what has happened in your past or what you've done, you can always pick yourself up and move forward if you put forth the effort. My college experience has been valuable to me because it was in college that I received the push that I needed to take control of my life, and be the best person that I can be. Through the good and bad college has taught me a lot, and I know that if I keep trying and if I keep pushing forward I will succeed!

Jeanette

I recently became a single mother. I have two children. My son has a brain disease called Sturge-weber and suffers from seizures. I have decided to go to school to become a physician assistant so that I am able to provide for three of us. I have a great support system which will help me to accomplish my goals. As a physician assistant I hope to help some of the people in my community who cannot afford expensive health care costs. I also plan to attend mission trips where my services will be needed. Currently I am attending my community college part-time, raising my two beautiful children, and working as a part-time janitor. Being able to attend college is very important to me because it will help me to become financially independent, and give me the opportunity to pursue my passion for medicine. Thank you for this opportunity.

Janelle

NNU has very friendly students, staff, and faculty on a gorgeous campus.

NNU has very friendly students, staff, and faculty on a gorgeous campus.

Students are welcoming and intelligent.

I learned that it best to be well-rounded, but also to have a specialty. A specialty in a certain field helps provide direction and meaning in life. When a person knows an ample amount in one area, they are more apt to be hired and they also have more self-confidence. Knowing a little in many subject areas is useful in social situations. Also, a person never knows what job they will have so a broad knowledge base will always be useful in life. In college, I received both a wide range of knowledge and a degree in my specific field.

Amelia

Northwest Nazarene University is not only a place where faculty educates a student on his/hers intended career but creates a well-rounded student which better prepares them for their future.

Northwest Nazarene University is best known for its superior campus community.

Though it is expensive, I choose Northwest Nazarene University because it is a good investment for my future. Here, they encourage their students to study various subjects in order to become a more rounded person. They want their students to be driven by a goal of excellence to glorify God to do their very best in their work and studies, not just the minimal amount. It may take four or more years to complete my degree but I will be better suited for any job once I start working. NNU also teaches its students to have a humble heart, striving to serve the community. Instead of working for a high paycheck, I will be working towards developing my efforts on helping my community. NNU educates its students to look at multiple perspectives, allowing them to make better, more educated, life choices.

Kaytlin

NNU is a Christian college but it is also an Academic university. A spiritual environment and a challenging academic setting have been two of the most beneficial things about NNU. Campus life has also been a huge factor; NNU is designed to have a place for almost anyone to have fun and to grow with God. As a Freshman I came to college shy and unsure but as my freshman year ends I am more confident and closer to God than I ever have been.

People who are looking for an easy degree or a party school will find NNU is not the school for them.

The amazing student environment and how the Professors are invested in the students’ lives.

NNU is a friendly, community environment that welcomes anyone who attends or visits.

My college experience has stretched me spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. Daily my professors challenge students to think about situations more in depth and more personally. I have learned to open my mind to different teachings and beliefs before turning away from them, and allow myself to fully process them, whether I choose to believe them or not. This has allowed me to form my own opinions and popular events and debates. NNU has given me an opportunity to create life long friendships with other students, coworkers, and professors. Almost everyone I have met has challenged me in some way, and I have grown spiritually, mentally, and emotionally because of it. NNU has allowed me to grow up and into the world in which we are living.

I wish I had known how hard it would be to get continued financial aid from my major department.

Northwest Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.