Nampa, ID
Northwest Nazarene University

Video courtesy of Northwest Nazarene University.

Find a college you truly love with Northwest Nazarene University, a Christian liberal arts university in Nampa, Idaho committed to excellence in all levels of learning while fostering the spiritual growth of its students. At NNU you can engage in hands-on internships, service-learning and mission opportunities, while continuing to grow in your faith in a supportive faith community.

View the Full Summary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Nazarene University

Fixed  rate loan

Janelle

NNU has very friendly students, staff, and faculty on a gorgeous campus.

NNU has very friendly students, staff, and faculty on a gorgeous campus.

Students are welcoming and intelligent.

I learned that it best to be well-rounded, but also to have a specialty. A specialty in a certain field helps provide direction and meaning in life. When a person knows an ample amount in one area, they are more apt to be hired and they also have more self-confidence. Knowing a little in many subject areas is useful in social situations. Also, a person never knows what job they will have so a broad knowledge base will always be useful in life. In college, I received both a wide range of knowledge and a degree in my specific field.

Amelia

Northwest Nazarene University is not only a place where faculty educates a student on his/hers intended career but creates a well-rounded student which better prepares them for their future.

Northwest Nazarene University is best known for its superior campus community.

Though it is expensive, I choose Northwest Nazarene University because it is a good investment for my future. Here, they encourage their students to study various subjects in order to become a more rounded person. They want their students to be driven by a goal of excellence to glorify God to do their very best in their work and studies, not just the minimal amount. It may take four or more years to complete my degree but I will be better suited for any job once I start working. NNU also teaches its students to have a humble heart, striving to serve the community. Instead of working for a high paycheck, I will be working towards developing my efforts on helping my community. NNU educates its students to look at multiple perspectives, allowing them to make better, more educated, life choices.

Kaytlin

NNU is a Christian college but it is also an Academic university. A spiritual environment and a challenging academic setting have been two of the most beneficial things about NNU. Campus life has also been a huge factor; NNU is designed to have a place for almost anyone to have fun and to grow with God. As a Freshman I came to college shy and unsure but as my freshman year ends I am more confident and closer to God than I ever have been.

People who are looking for an easy degree or a party school will find NNU is not the school for them.

The amazing student environment and how the Professors are invested in the students’ lives.

NNU is a friendly, community environment that welcomes anyone who attends or visits.

My college experience has stretched me spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. Daily my professors challenge students to think about situations more in depth and more personally. I have learned to open my mind to different teachings and beliefs before turning away from them, and allow myself to fully process them, whether I choose to believe them or not. This has allowed me to form my own opinions and popular events and debates. NNU has given me an opportunity to create life long friendships with other students, coworkers, and professors. Almost everyone I have met has challenged me in some way, and I have grown spiritually, mentally, and emotionally because of it. NNU has allowed me to grow up and into the world in which we are living.

I wish I had known how hard it would be to get continued financial aid from my major department.

Amber

Going to college has helped me grow and mature into the person I'm becoming. College is all about having fun and enjoying your time because this is the one time in life that there are no cares or worries. All I have to worry about is getting my homework done and getting up for class, other than that I have no other responsibilities. I need to learn to not rush this time in my life because before I know it, it will over. With all this said, I need to remember that I do have classes and I cannot forget about that because that, after all, is the main reason I'm attending school. I need a college education in order to obtain a good job so that I can make a decent living afterwards.

Nothing. I knew everything I needed when I came to school.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be that there aren't many places for boys and girls to hangout with each other, not much is coed.

Aaron

College was a good experience for me when I attend 9 years ago. I did not finish college back then, but now I am working on going back to school now. The experience I had years ago was good for me because it allowed me to find out who I was. It also showed me how to take care of myself without my parents. It made me a more mature man, and really set me on my path for life. The experience I will be getting when I go back will help me in the nursing field. I will be going back to school to get my nursing degree. I will be able to help those in need. After watching my wife experience the joy in helping people, I have grown to want the same thing.

Maria

Nobody told me that college was hard, but they also didn?t tell me that it was easy. In my first semester my future caught me out of guard, and left me injured. I thought i was ready and easy, but its not, i learned that everything its new, and i should expects something new of everything i havent done before. I also learnes that i should take a moment of each day to look back and see my mistakes and what I have accomplish. When I have seen all that I will be able to make changes for my future.

I dont lie to anyone, i tell them how exactly college is for me, but i also tell them how we can have different points of view. It is an awesome school, i love the fact that its a small campus, and small classes, you have the attention of your proffesors. They are very activity centered, they have different activities as well as different cources, you have different options to chose from.

Like every other thing, this university has its things, that i dont agree with, we have fines for strict rules. We have curfew, and if your late you get fined, or if you dont get on time to your wing meeting, which we have every tuesday, we get fined. I understand the fact that we should get wing meeting, but they should understand that we have things to do.

I would tell my younger self this: "Grades are very important. Mom and Dad tell you to focus on your studies for a reason. Do not screw around and put things off. You are just going to regret it, in the end. Get all your homework done first, before hanging out with your friends. Do not put your friends before your schoolwork because you are for an education. Friends are great, and the ones you make at college will stay with you forever, but do not go looking for drama to start up. Just do your work, hang out with your friends, and go to bed at a decent time. Also, go to the gym! You will gain weight, and you will hate it! Go to the gym, and work out before you gain too much weight. Remember those four things, and you will be set."

Going into college, I wish I would have known that scholarships are easier to lose than most people think. I wish I would have buckled down more when it came to homework, and I honestly wish I had listened to my mom better because she knew what she was talking about.

I tell all my friends back home about the clean air quality, the snow, and the mountains. Back in my hometown, Bakersfield, California, these are three things you hardly see, if ever. It never snows. The air quality is awful, and you can hardly ever see the mountains. Up here in Idaho, it's very pretty here.

Theron

This school is a very tight community. Everyone knows everyone, which makes it very easy to find things to do and not get caught up in being "just another number like at many other univiersities". The professors are amazing, and the non-professors are possibly the most helpful people you will ever meet.

The advice most relevent to my current situation would have to be to "not worry about the social life, it will sort itself out--just be prepared to work hard because all those around you are doing the same". High school was easy, college takes all that knowledge to the next level while simultaneously requiring you to be on your own and completely responsible for all the are coursework and lifeskills that entails. Help is very easy to find, as long as you are looking in the right places (which generally is outside of your peer group), so don't be afraid to branch out and meet some new people. The beautiful thing about a university is that it brings together so many different people and backgrounds all into one setting of problem solving and critical analysis, where we all fight through the same problems and troubles as everyone else but pick up knowledge and information from people that, without a setting like campus, we would quite honestly never associate with. The university brings people together, but we have to be willing to put in the work to make everything else fall into place.

I wish I had known the difficulties associated with making the transition from high school to college. It is very difficult to teach yourself to study, and is something that should be discovered quickly.

Autumn

If I could go back and talk to myself when I was a senior I would mainly tell myself to not have been so lazy. I wasn?t lazy in school just in the process of filling out scholarships finding ways to make money for school, instead I just enjoyed my senior year without worrying thinking things would come easy to me. Also to make the transition smoother I would?ve said learn how to have designated times for studying make a scheduale and set times away just for doing homework, studying for tests, and relaxing. That kind of a scheduale would?ve made my first couple of weeks go by much smoother and maybe I would?ve gotten more sleep than I did.

I don't like having to be required to live on campus until I am 21. I understand why it's required as a freshman but after that I would like to live somewhere else & truly liv a full college experience.

I always tell how genuine the people are here. You can walk up to any one and carry a conversation with them. I also brag about how the teachers are always willing to help & how I love every teacher I have.

Northwest Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.