Nampa, ID
Northwest Nazarene University

Video courtesy of Northwest Nazarene University.

Find a college you truly love with Northwest Nazarene University, a Christian liberal arts university in Nampa, Idaho committed to excellence in all levels of learning while fostering the spiritual growth of its students. At NNU you can engage in hands-on internships, service-learning and mission opportunities, while continuing to grow in your faith in a supportive faith community.

View the Full Summary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Nazarene University

Fixed  rate loan

My classmates are not who I thought they'd be.

My classmates are not who I thought they'd be.

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not worry about the money and just go where ever I really wanted to attend. Also, I would tell myself to study abroad as soon as possibe. Another thing I would tell myself would be to get as involved as possible as soon as possible and not care what other people think. Being sure and happy with yourself is the most important thing. Pleasing others does not fufill you or help anyone. I learned all these things eventually, but knowing them ahead of time would have made my first year a lot easier and way more fun.

A Christian who cares in combining their faith with their academics and enjoys small community settings.

Ruben

My school is open and friendly, everyone here feels like he/she is a member of a great big family.

If I could go back in time and advise my younger self I would tell myself to get involved in extracurricular activities, get a job, and visit and apply to NNU (then) ! I would say all this for a couple of reasons. First I would tell my youngerself to get involved in extracurricular activities like fundraising for school, participate in student government and in various other projects aimed at bettering the school and neighborhood because that kind of drive and determination to step out of ones box and impact ones surroundings is what those that offer scholarships want to see. I would tell myself to get a job in order to help pay off some off the expenses incurred by attending a private institution, because even a little money goes a long way. Lastly I would have included in my message from the future that I should go start applying to NNU and go visit its campus. It has been a good fit here for me, and though the work load kills me I feel comfortable with myself in making the right choice. I thank you this survey has forced me to look back and be proud of my decision.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the homework. The load is incredibly long and hard. I am surprised anyone taking 17 credits like me (many) or more have any time at all for friends or fun time!

Never give up on what you feel is the right thing or correct path for your life. Since my sophomore year in high school I desired to go to NNU. When my senior year came around and it came time to discuss financial issues with my parents, I did not think there was going to be any way I could afford to attend. My mom wanted me to attend a community college. I do not feel there is anything wrong with a community college but my heart longed to attend NNU. For the next couple months I worked really hard in applying for some more scholarships to try to make it possible. I was not until the beginning of August that I knew that all my hard work had paid off and I was attending the school of my dreams. I would tell myself to take one step at a time and never give up on my passion. Enjoy life and the transition from home to school life. Get involved and be genuine with people around. I know now that some of my friends that I made the first couple weeks of college with be my best friends for life.

I am not a huge fan of Sodexo Food in our cafeteria, but they have made a large effort this year to make sure there is a wide variety. I have also seen an improvement with the availability of more healthy choices. However, when you become a junior, you are allowed to not have a meal plan at all and cook your own food in your apartment. This is what I have chosen for the year

Someone seeking a great education with professors and staff members who truly do care. A school full of school spirit and pride for our sports and what we stand for as a school. A close knit campus where there is never a dull moment.

Becky

NNU feels like home with quality people surrounding you who all care about your life and education.

Small Christian environment

I would tell myself to find many places and events to be involved in. Knowing people, and having new friends who love you makes a world of difference. Hang on to the good friends you have now, because as you are committed to them, they will be faithful to you and give you the best home base you could ever have. Work hard in school, but don't worry if you don't get perfect grades or not, because who you are isn't based on your statistics. Continually check your priorites and make sure they are in line. And finally, smile, relax and enjoy the experience to the fullest.

Leithan

take more math courses and try to get more AP classes

take more math courses and try to get more AP classes

anyone that wants a great education without all the public college issues.

My friends are outgoing and willing to work and help out when I need it.

My friends are outgoing and willing to work and help out when I need it.

When looking for a college you should consider what your family can afford of course but there is no point in choosing a school that you are gloing to hate for the next 2-4 years! The college I chose strains my family's budget but I feel as though I am at home when at school and don't feel the unnecessary stress of a bad enviroment. When looking for a college try and stay in the dorms and eat the food. I can't believe people would choose a school without eating the food first! Meeting the professors is also important because if you have a special way of learning you need a professor who will help you and not be calloused about it. When I walked onto my campus I felt as if I was smacked over the head with the feeling that this was the place where I could become an adult and learn not just about my intended career but also about who I am, and who I want to be. Trust your heart and the right college will come to you.

The campus is so beautiful and fun. The teachers always make sure I have the answers I need to understand the material covered and will move deadlines to make sure everyone will get the chance to complete the assignment. The students form close friendships with the professors and I work with one doing research for the school. The clubs and extracurricular activities are helpful with socializing and tkaing time away from studies. The work load is challenging but worth it when you can explain it from memory to other students.

Tammy

they are very friendly and easy to talk to.

they are very friendly and easy to talk to.

When choosing a college, it is a good idea to make sure that it offers career plan that you are interested in and you know that you will love. In order to have a successful experience at your college of choice, it is important to live the life you love and love the life you live. One thing that I have leared in my years as a college student is that,it is okay to change your career plan in order to move closer to one that makes you the happiest. Also, allow yourself to have some fun outside of just going to classes. if you do this you may find that life can be more enjoyable and less stressful. Don't allow yourself to become so burried in your classes and homework that you miss what it is to be a college student. Learn all that you can and make the most of what you learn.

I wish that i knew that it was ok to have some fun as long as I still got my homework done.

I think that parents should encourage their child to visit perspective college to get a feel for what they want. Some people like the small school feel while other don't want that at all. Also, the parents should support their child decsion in the school. When you have parents who are behind the choosing process it makes things go smoother, and usually things work out much better. Letting your child experience college fr themselves I think is probably the best advice I could say. Just try things out, you can make mistakes and realize what you want and don't want in life.

Someone looking for the "college life". The drinking and partying side is what I mean by that. It is a dry campus so you can get into serious trouble for that type of stuff. Not saying people don't break rules but it is not a part of this campus' life.

The atmosphere being so welcoming and so friendly. Also, the class sizes. When you can compare a class size here at NNU with about 20-30 students to a state school with well around 500 students. You can see why I would brag.

Eric

Creative, easy-going, somewhat experimental. Within my major I think there were less political conservatives than other areas of campus and a larger percentage from states outside the school's region.

Visit the school before making your decision and go in with the knowledge that you're not stuck with what the school offers. It's your choice to pursue a career and participate in your education. Pick the school that will help you do that, but know that it's still your choice to succeed or not.

The best thing is the community aspect. The smaller size of the school and religious aspect seemed to make it easier to intereact with most people on campus and even to explore different ideas within the community.

The focus was on studying, but students made lots of time for social life.

The focus was on studying, but students made lots of time for social life.

My advice to students would be to go to a school that you feel comfortable and safe at. That will allow you to get the most out of your education. I also encourage students to double-major or pick up a few minors if they have multiple interests and aren't sure what to do. You may be in college longer, but that isn't as big a deal in college as it is in high school. And that way you will truly be able to discover the line of work you want to pursue.

It has really small classes, friendly people, and is a good academic environment.

Northwest Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.