Northwest Nazarene University

« See more reviews of Northwest Nazarene University

If I could go back and talk to myself when I was a senior I would mainly tell myself to not have been so lazy. I wasn?t lazy in school just in the process of filling out scholarships finding ways to make money for school, instead I just enjoyed my senior year without worrying thinking things would come easy to me. Also to make the transition smoother I would?ve said learn how to have designated times for studying make a scheduale and set times away just for doing homework, studying for tests, and relaxing. That kind of a scheduale would?ve made my first couple of weeks go by much smoother and maybe I would?ve gotten more sleep than I did.

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not worry about the money and just go where ever I really wanted to attend. Also, I would tell myself to study abroad as soon as possibe. Another thing I would tell myself would be to get as involved as possible as soon as possible and not care what other people think. Being sure and happy with yourself is the most important thing. Pleasing others does not fufill you or help anyone. I learned all these things eventually, but knowing them ahead of time would have made my first year a lot easier and way more fun.

Parents do not hover over your children during the first years of college, because students learn many valuable liofe lessons during college. I can garantee see some choices are not going to be the best choices but this will lead to a stronger individual later in life. Try to support your child the best you can, and the will succeed. Also go for what you want in a college, and if it doesn't work out, there's always plan B. Don't be afraid to take advantage of school resources such as counseling, tutoring and other activies provided by the school and student body. Get invovled!

I think that parents should encourage their child to visit perspective college to get a feel for what they want. Some people like the small school feel while other don't want that at all. Also, the parents should support their child decsion in the school. When you have parents who are behind the choosing process it makes things go smoother, and usually things work out much better. Letting your child experience college fr themselves I think is probably the best advice I could say. Just try things out, you can make mistakes and realize what you want and don't want in life.

I would tell myself to find many places and events to be involved in. Knowing people, and having new friends who love you makes a world of difference. Hang on to the good friends you have now, because as you are committed to them, they will be faithful to you and give you the best home base you could ever have. Work hard in school, but don't worry if you don't get perfect grades or not, because who you are isn't based on your statistics. Continually check your priorites and make sure they are in line. And finally, smile, relax and enjoy the experience to the fullest.

I learned that it best to be well-rounded, but also to have a specialty. A specialty in a certain field helps provide direction and meaning in life. When a person knows an ample amount in one area, they are more apt to be hired and they also have more self-confidence. Knowing a little in many subject areas is useful in social situations. Also, a person never knows what job they will have so a broad knowledge base will always be useful in life. In college, I received both a wide range of knowledge and a degree in my specific field.

I would tell myself to pay for the A.P. classes and C.P. classes that I took so I would already have a head start on college. I would also try to do more afterschool activities. I would start filling out scholarships during that year so that I had better financial aid. Lastly, I would tell myself to find time to relax because even though all this stuff needed to get done, I shouldn't worry myself so much and have some fun. I would have loved to enjoy being a teen more rather than stressing over my future.

Nobody told me that college was hard, but they also didn?t tell me that it was easy. In my first semester my future caught me out of guard, and left me injured. I thought i was ready and easy, but its not, i learned that everything its new, and i should expects something new of everything i havent done before. I also learnes that i should take a moment of each day to look back and see my mistakes and what I have accomplish. When I have seen all that I will be able to make changes for my future.

You need to start college right away. You can make the money you will need to get through college, and still gain work experience that you need in life. It is important to find out about the colleges around you so you can make the right decision about where you want to go. Sometimes the most important thing is not going to a college that is widely known. You will need to work hard and not take a break from school. In the long run, it will not benefit you to put your education aside.

I've learned that no matter what has happened in your past or what you've done, you can always pick yourself up and move forward if you put forth the effort. My college experience has been valuable to me because it was in college that I received the push that I needed to take control of my life, and be the best person that I can be. Through the good and bad college has taught me a lot, and I know that if I keep trying and if I keep pushing forward I will succeed!