Northwest Nazarene University

« See more reviews of Northwest Nazarene University

Not becoming a student until after my thirties, the first advice I would give myself now is to apply myself in high school and push myself to achieve excellence in my high school academics - take school more seriously. I would also advise myself to apply for college and stay determined to attend regardless of the obstacles that arose. I would try to explain to myself that I should trust myself and stay confident and determine and not to lose sight of my goals.

My advice to students would be to go to a school that you feel comfortable and safe at. That will allow you to get the most out of your education. I also encourage students to double-major or pick up a few minors if they have multiple interests and aren't sure what to do. You may be in college longer, but that isn't as big a deal in college as it is in high school. And that way you will truly be able to discover the line of work you want to pursue.

NNU is a Christian college but it is also an Academic university. A spiritual environment and a challenging academic setting have been two of the most beneficial things about NNU. Campus life has also been a huge factor; NNU is designed to have a place for almost anyone to have fun and to grow with God. As a Freshman I came to college shy and unsure but as my freshman year ends I am more confident and closer to God than I ever have been.

I would encourage myself to take more AP classes to get prerequisites out of the way. I would start looking for scholarships earlier and do my best in order to get the highest grades possible so I understand things better as well as make more opportunities to earn scholarships. I'd work on making good habits so that it would not be as difficult to transition into college life.

I would tell myself to maintain good grades, take college classes while in high school, and work towards scholorships. Kids do not understand how important school is. Take your youth and focus all of it on school like it is your full time job. You will thank yourself in the long run. But being the 18 year old that I was I simply did not understand this advice.

I would just say take every opportunity that comes your way. Apply to every college your interested in and don't sell youself short. And don't get impatent waiting for college to come. The stage you're in right now can also be fun, exciting, and meaningful if you work to see how you can grow right now.

make sure it offers good financial aid and everything you'd possibly want on the campus before going there. It's a big decision to go to college, and an even bigger one to go to a christian one because christian private schools are a lot different than public universities, more expensive as well.

Visit the school before making your decision and go in with the knowledge that you're not stuck with what the school offers. It's your choice to pursue a career and participate in your education. Pick the school that will help you do that, but know that it's still your choice to succeed or not.

When selecting a college look at the people who a student will be assosiating with and how much proffessors are willing to take out their time to help students. Also parents need to look at the availability of extracaricular activities that their child might be interested in.

I would say go visit the campus to get a feel for it. Also talk to students there and talk to those who have graduated to find out about the school. Also talk to the staff and professors there. To get a better idea of the school.