Northwest Nazarene University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northwest Nazarene University

I love NNU. It has helped me to grow as a person and definitely grow in my faith. I could not have chosen a better school to go to and I am so happy about that. Everybody is so nice and even the professors are extremely nice; they actually care about you. I would encourage everyone to attend NNU!

Carolynn

I love NNU! It has an amazing community and amazing majors to choose from! I would (and have) recommend(ed) NNU to high school students looking for a college to call home and at which to find a school family that they feel they belong to! NNU's academics and their commitment to God is truly a testament to the school.

Janel

The community at NNU is welcoming and involving, providing a lot of opportunities to bond with fellow students outside of class. The professors are always willing to help if you need it, even if it is with issues outside of their class. The students are usually welcoming to discussion about a variety of topics, from their classwork to the outside world. There is a bit of religious practice on campus, but in no way is religion forced upon the students. All religious belief sets are welcomed on campus, but they could be challenged by certain topics in some classes. Overall, if someone is looking for an academically-rigorous study, this would be the place to go.

It really is amazing! I was uncertain of how easy it would be to become integrated into the community because private Christian schools can often be a tossup with cliques and such, but nothing at NNU is like that! Everyone is so welcoming, kind, and eager to make you feel included! I am so impressed by the Student Government Association--they are always putting on events and making it easy to meet new people and get involved in campus life (even if you don't live on campus). And the academics are exemplary and a lot of our programs have a really high-ranking reputation throughout the Northwest, if not the entire country. I highly encourage any and all interested in education to look into NNU! This place really is just what I was looking for in a private school--community, academics, and opportunity!

Northwest Nazarene has a great community feel. The Professors are very nice, encouraging, and helpful. Most students are friendly and fun to be around. Most people say their favorite thing about NNU is the community. NNU also puts a huge emphasis on women's volleyball and men's basketball. We have intramural, which are very fun to participate in and watch. Each department is like a big family. For example, I am a Graphic Design Major, therefore I am in the art department. The art department has meetings and parties to get to now everyone else within our department, the five adults and the students who I have met so far in the art department are very much worth getting to know.

Jessica Gail

Northwest Nazarene University, or NNU, is a safe school. The atmosphere is very friendly, if not a bit religious. There seems to be many clubs and activities to join. With great academics, variety of students, and small class sizes, NNU is the place to be for a fresh-out-of-high-school experience.

I love NNU, it is a really great place to be, the community is fun, loving. The food is okay, it is not the best but sometimes the food is really good. The professors are always available to talk to, they are fast to respond to emails. The professors are the ones who teach the classes and they will tell you if there won't be class ahead of time.

McKaylee

Overall I love the campus life at Northwest Nazarene University. I live on campus and the dorms are kept up nicely. We actually have a new dorm in the process of being built. The facilities, in general, are all great! We have a new student union building also being built. Apart from the looks of the campus, the atmosphere here is great. Everyone is so friendly and genuinely care for others. If you are looking for a God-centered community, I would definitely look into NNU. The academics are also great. With smaller classes, you really feel cared for. The professors seek to know their students and want you to succeed. You are not just a number to them. This school is challenging academically, but rewarding. I would recommend NNU to anyone.

April

As a current student and alumnus, my opinion of NNU is that they are an amazing university where the staff is very caring and helpful. This is hands down the best university/college I have attended. I would highly recommend Northwest Nazarene University to anyone who is wanting the best education.

Emma

This is a wonderful community to be a part of and I love the amount of support that I receive from all of the staff and my fellow students. It is a campus that I am able to be myself in and that is truly wonderful. The classes are amazing and the professors really care about how I am doing both in my studies and in my life.

A great school if you are looking for a smaller university with professors who care. I especially recommend if you are interested in music.

Amber

NNU is a good university that has mostly small class sizes, which is nice. It is a Christian University which means you would expect the classes to be taught from a Biblical perspective. They do a good job of that, for the most part. It is an expensive university and I hope that the education I will receive will show the investment.

Aliya

Northwest Nazarene University is the perfect school for me and anyone looking for a small close-knit university. NNU advertises itself as an upholder of the community and it does it well! The community life at NNU is amazing! People go out of their way to include you, in the cafeteria, in the clubs, at events, and in classes. Speaking of events, they are out of this world! There is an event at least once every week, and during week one there is an event every night. If you choose to attend be prepared to make life-long friends and lots of them! Even the professors got out of the way to get to know you. They clearly care about our success. I love my NNU community and can't imagine not being a part of it.