Muscle Shoals, AL
Northwest-Shoals Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest-Shoals Community College

Kyle

If you are looking to save money and have teachers that for the most part want you to learn this school would be a good match. It is a small junior college not a lot goes on very close to two larger cities with a lot of activities however, as far as the school goes people pretty much come to class and leave. There is no on campus living some fairly decent apartment complexes nearby though. This school is for people looking for a somewhat easier route into college and looking to save money and be close to home before transferring to a larger college.

Joselyn

I love my school. It is my first college however, so I do not have much to compare it to. I do wish there was more food offered on campus because all we have are vending machines, but there is plenty fast food nearby. I have enjoyed almost all of my courses so far. I have been going here for three semesters now and there are only 2 teachers that I was not that happy with, but aside from that I think all of my instructors have been great!

Canaan

It is close to home. It is family oriented. It is small and allows to students to get a glimpse of what larger college would and will be like. It has great opportunity for students to get the help and direction that they may need. The faculty and staff are great. I have experienced hands of the importance of a student success and completion of all their courses.

Adrian

To me NorthWest-Shoal Community College is a great place to earn an associates or the first step towards a university to earn your Bachelors degree. The class size has to be one of the major upsides. It gives students a more personable relationship with their instructors. The cost of tuition is very low compared to universities. There also numerous clubs and organizations to become involved in. I would definitely recommend anyone to attend.

meghan

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to research, research, research! I've wasted so many hours of time and a whole lot of money on classes I don't even need. I would tell myself to decide on a major before I waste all that time and money. I would also tell myself that getting involved would not only be beneficial to myself, but also to the betterment of my resume.

They only serve chicken fingers pretty much every day.

James

If I could go back I would tell myself to start looking for financial aid and grant programs early. I would tell myself to look into the feild that I want to study and people that work in the feild and ask questions about the feild. I would ask for any tips for making school a little easier. I would tell myself to also take some summer classes to make the first year a little less load and not take off the summer or a year because it only becomes harder each day you wait.

derrick

It doesn't have alot students which helps the instructors focus more on you.

It doesn't have alot students which helps the instructors focus more on you.

I would better discipline myself pertaining to my schoolwork. I would focus more on my G.PA as well my ACT score. I would inform myself that the only way to succeed is to be dedicated as well as determined. There would be a lot of distractions but to remain focused on my goals. Education is as valuable as the air we breathe. That without education we wouldn?t have doctors, lawyers, or even teachers. College will instill in me to succeed in life as well as my field such as Electrical technology. College is a great opportunity to meet lifelong friends.

How dedicated the instructors are to teach you in your up coming field.

jordan

My classmates here are mostly adults, parents and some are like me fresh out of high school.

If I went back and talked to myself I would tell me that I needed to try a little harder and follow my heart. I would say to not listen to my parents when they said not to apply to Auburn, my dream school, becuase it was a waste of their money. I would tell myself to go and try to find a fun and excitig job during the summer and to go ahead and take three classes in the summer to have e haed start on somethings. I would also tell myself to never give up no matter how hard people are on me. Do not listen to them they do not know how smart and talented I am. My last words would be to never say never and believe in yourself.

I really dont brag about going to Northwest Shoals. If I had to I would say I guess that i get more help and attention from the teachers and workers here.

Michelle

There is nothing unique about it, it is just easier and costs less than a 4 year college. As of right now I am taking basic credits to transfer to a 4 year where I will be able to earn my bachelors.

Being a recent college grad at 34 with four children, I would most likely tell myself to take advantage of being young and able to complete school early. Making poor decisions right after high school, I decided not not return to school and put off college until 4 years ago. Now nearing my 30's I decided it was time to make a better life for myself and my children and the thought that I could have done this years and years ago before the kids really bugs me that I didn't do it sooner. Now I am in debt with student loans but do however has an Associates degree in Criminal Justice and am pushing on to get my Bachelors. It would have been easier academic wise to complete college right after high school as I have forgotten most of what I learn in high school and am having to take classes over again.

Being able to take classes that will transfer to a 4 year college that costs less than it would at other colleges.

Northwest-Shoals Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.