San Antonio, TX
Northwest Vista College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Vista College

Their are many quotes, passages, even advice from other people that could be a suitable factor in the transition from high school to college. However, experience speaks louder than knowledge. If I could go back in time to advise myself of what I would endure in college; the only advice I would give myself is to have confidence. In life, you can do whatever the mind conceives if a person has confidence. College is filled with many unknown faces; different cultures--that probably one has never heard of. Courses could be deemed intimidating; people too. With confidence comes a sense that a person can tackle any challenge that comes there way. Fear is only an emotion. An emotion that disintegrates when confidence becomes the perscription. Along with confidence, learning is much more substantial. Nothing is ever too hard for a person to understand. Confidence will seep in the mind's conscience and tell it that a Chemistry course is not hard to comprehend at all. That experiencing new cultures, meeting new people is what confidence will do. Confidence; the only advice I would give myself to tackle any problems I encounter in college.

Dreamers always get laughed at. However, those who dream with the courage to take the steps of a tangible hope will always be dreamers with endless opportunities. The people that should attend this school are students who look at the current events of adversity and dream to improve the way of livlihood for the future. The only way is through education. The dreamers who know that education is the only weapon to prevail in the future are the students who should attend this school.

Although I am a strong believer in education; that is not the case for many people--many whom are currently in college as well. College is dedication; learning from all different aspects; and to better the mentality of the student. Those who do not take education serious enough to make education their primary goal to achieve success should attend this school. Those who attend for a sole purpose other than education should not attend school.

Alexis

I would first tell myself to keep applying for scholarships. I know it seems like playing a lotto, but it doesn't hurt to keep trying. I was lucky that I had save some money over my high school years, but that money soon came to an end. I would also tell myself to focus more on knowing the information I am being taught and than just the grades. Grades can only take you so far; you want to be able to show that you are able to apply what you have learned. Once you are able to apply what you learned the grades will come. The last thing I would say to myself is to not be afraid to take chances, I would often limit myself which is not always bad, but I would have done better in school and in life in general if I did just that. Well thats what I would say, and I hope I would listen because I was a little stubborn at some times.

Honestly, I would have to say that the worst thing about this school is when comes time to register for your classes. You want to know ahead of time what classes you want to take. The advisors don't really help much in my opinion. You want to register as soon as it is available, but even wtih that in mind it is a problem. Our school surver gets really slow and it may even take hours for you to even get to the sign in page, because tere are so many students are trying to get on.

If your not willing to go to class and and do the work then I would say that this is not the school for you. This school gives many opportunities to do well in your classes. You just have to make that step into taking advantage of those opportunities. If you dont go to class even for a day, you may find that you have missed out on a lot of grade point opportunites because this school is really keen on participation points as well as the effort you put into the class work.

Bonnie

Bonnie, You have got to go to college!!! You will love it! It's not like high school, where you have to sit and learn about things that you don't care about, although there are some classes that you will have to take, whether you like them or not, but the rest will be about things that you are actually interested in. This will be a new experience, but not one that you cannot handle. This will be a learning and growing experience for you. Your confidence and self esteem will soar as you realize that 'yes, I can do this.' Your independent spirit will grow stronger with the knowledge that you have the ability to do whatever you set your mind to do as you study and learn from your classes. You will be treated as an adult, so you will learn to be diligent in your studies if you want to make good grades. You will also make good friends that you will probably have for the rest of your life. There will be a lot of fun times, and your friends will help you through the tough times. Ask questions, pay attention, and enjoy college!

Majida

Columbus State is know for accomodate their students and helping them realize their students full potential. They offer the lowest tuition rates in the area plus they help many students easily transfer to four year colleges; like OSU, Franklin, Dominican etc.

What's unique about Columbus State is that it not designed to overwhelm the student. When I'm there , I don't feel lost or out of place; I feel this is where I belong. The classes are the perfect sizes and there many classes that you can take online which is really awsome specially for busy moms like myself. There are many people with diffferent ethnicites, ages and religions there. What can I say? Its simply the perfect place to start!

I would advice myself to concentrate and not loose focus. Because we think to ourselfes that we are smarter just because we have a high school diploma. I would tell myself to take it one day at a time and not try to grow too fast and looking for jobs to buy cars and material stuff that can distract your focus in school. I would tell me myself stay on one lane or you will get lost quickly.

Amber

My school has wonderful teachers and staff to assist with any issue.

My school has wonderful teachers and staff to assist with any issue.

After high school I joined the US Navy. After 7 years in the service, I got out to pursue my education. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have tried to go to college after graduation. The military will always be there, the college life can only be experienced once. Although I am more mature and focused, I feel like I am missing something by not trying to go to college at that time. My advice to other students is that same formula I learned in the Navy, which is, always be on time, don't make promises you can't keep, and ask for help when you need it.

The worst thing is that it is only a 2 year college.

Kristen

Oh wow... I don't know....

Oh wow... I don't know....

Pay attention to all the study skills given to you at health careers. It may have seemed like too much as a high schooler but you definitely will draw on those skills later in life. Don't sweat the small stuff and focus on the big picture. You will graduate, you will succeed, so do not let all the little things keep you from achieving everything you want to.

I wish I had been better prepared for the effort it takes to be in college. I work full time and a part time job on top of full time school, and it is a hard thing to do.

Fred

First i would tell myself not to slack off when I first get to college. Then I would tell my young self not to waste $10,000 going to that fancy private school for a single semester.

Dustin

Full of diversity that provides ample opportunity for a fun learning environment.

I would tell my high school self to keep pushing through the academic strife of studying for test and project dates, honor/AP classes, and the dreadful thought of SAT and ACT testing. The level of determination that you project yourself to function at will play a vital role in not only shaping the type of college student you will become, but also the mature adult you wish to be in life. If you continue to commit to working hard and doing what you know is right, then opportunities of success will present themselves to you. Never let down on who you are as a person. Always believe in yourself.

Every professor is there for their students. I have not encountered one professor that does not wish to provide the time and attention necessary for me to not gain the knowledge I need to succeed and reach my goals as a student.

Renate

Fun loving, studious people who want a good education at a relatively low price before going on to big Universities.

Get started on financial aid early and keep working hard. Stay on top of parents for tax information unless you don't care about getting free money for school.

People who don't want to go to to school and/or want to go into a vocational trade such as mechanic or want specialized cources that come from big Universities only.

Robert

Going back to myself when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself a lot of things. First, not take so much in what is happening at the moment. Life for the moment but don't allow the bad to drag you down. To explain this, there is something I need to explain. During my senior year of high school, I was depressed by events that were happening around me and to me, for so much that I became suicidal. Followed by, though you don't need to study much during these years of high school, develop the discipline to study for the class and get good grades. I was not much of a study at the time and would often spend my time away from class and goof off or in class and not focus on what the teacher is explaining for the day. The last piece of information I would give is seriously look at a community college to attend before going to a regular university. It is cheaper than a normal school and most credits will transfer to the university in the first place. You will change your goals, and learn more about yourself.

The parking is the worst thing about this school. Some days you have to spend around 30 minutes to an hour to find parking around the campus. Though it is bad, the school is working at trying to fix the problem with parking by working with Sea World to borrow some of there spaces.

The kind of person that should attend this school is anyone. There is no one that I don't see around the campus and finding anything that doesn't interests them. The campus is open to everyone and it is cheap. I have seen people of an older generation here that have gotten much from their learning experience as recent high school graduates that don't know what they want to be. This school has a beautiful campus and one that allows people to find what they are most interested about without the cost of normal colleges.

Northwest Vista College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.