San Antonio, TX
Northwest Vista College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Vista College

Yolonda

Northwest Vista has the same culture and diversity of San Antonio and I feel that is unique. Because of the smaller class sizes at Vista, we often collaborate with other students. It allows different perspectives on the topic to be shared and discussed. This sometimes not only challenges the professor, but also the students. The culture and diversity at my school makes it a special place to attend.

If I could return to being a high school senior, I would advise myself to work hard in school now; there is plenty of time to play later. I am a non traditional student returning to school with a family and a fulltime job. With so many adult responsibilities, it is difficult to manage and balance family, school and work. While in high school, most of that responsibility is still on the parents. I would advise any high school student to take advantage of certain freedoms while they can. In addition, I would say not to be so quick to be grown up. Being an adult and having responsibilities will eventually come with time. For now, work hard in school, stay focused and have fun being a kid.

I like my school because it's a small community. The campus is large, but the classes are small. You have more of direct connection with the professors and other classmates than at a large University. I believe the first two years of school will really make or break a students desire to continue in pursuit of their degree. Another thing that I really like about my school is that it is a smoke free campus.

Octivia

My classmates are very considerate toward others and themselves, they treat everyone equally and with respect.

My school is best known for somewhere to start to better your education and yourself.

College life is a very big step in any persons life. A lot of seniors think that just passing by is good enough, but passing by just isn't going to give you the education you need and deserve. As a senior the student should prepare themselves ahead of time and not just when college is going to begin. My parents wanted me to apply for more scholarships and grants when I was a High School senior but i kept procrastinating to do what I needed to do and in the end I didnt get to go to the University I really wanted to go to. I ended up going to a community college and I do believe it's better than not going to a college at all, but going to a University is where I always dreamed of going and because I wasn't mentally prepared and ready I missed out on a great opportunity. I am now acting like a college student and preparing myself for anything that will come my way. If i was back in time I would tell myself to be prepared and work as hard as I can to achieve what i want.

Katarina

What makes it unique is the blend of people and programs that the school has. It also has a beutiful tranquil setting so it is easy to study between classes

Knowing what i know now I would tell myself to start with the basics. Right out of High school very few people truely know what they want to major in, however if you take too many classes that are specific to your major youwil loose many of the credits you have accumulated if you change your mind part way through

Because of the open atmosphere at northwest vista it is a great school for anybody to attend. I feel it is a great fit for highschool students who are just entering college as well as for adults who are chooseing to return to college

Jaime

My school is extremely diverse not only in it education but the people who attend.

I would tell myself that no one is going to help you succeed in life other than yourself! In order for you to make it your heart and your mind must act as one! There will be many obstacles and there will be people who would love to see you fail. Do not let it discourage you! You can do this! Take advantage of every opportunity that is presented to you!

The kind of people who should not attend school are the ones who do not take the value of eduaction seriously.

Ernest

My school is best known for being the best community college in my city.

My school is best known for being the best community college in my city.

If it was possible for me to go back in time and tell my self what to excpect in college i would definetly give myself so much advice. the first thing i would tell myself is that all your high school teachers are right when they say that college professors dont ever have pitty on you, beacuse that is exactly right college professors dont care if you woke up late, printer broke, computer broke, forgot, or even that your dog ate your homework. If anything i would go back and make sure that this advice stays in my head and that i dont forget it because its true. The other thing i would tell myself is that you really do need to study. Just beacuse you got away with not studying in high school does not mean its going to be the same in college you must at least 2 hours a night studying if you intend on being a successful college student. I am sure that if i knew all this before college i could have been more prepared for my transition into college.

i wish i had toured the school and knew where all my classes were located. I also wish i had known that it was going to be very difficult tofind parking.

Scott

First I would tell myself to get your act together. Then I would take him aside and make sure you stay in sports and that smoking cigarettes are not good for you and quit. I would also tell him to stay living with mom and stay on her good side. I would take him to the local prison and show him all the people that went down the road he was going it would lead him behind bars with all those people and its not worth it. Then I would take him to the hospital and show him what he could become staying in school. I would also take him to intel and show him what else he could do that is how I would go back in time and tell myself to stay in school. Thank You Scott Ross

Sophia

If you are good at something, stick with it. It may not be what you want right now, but in time your talent will take you far. I personally ran away from the one natural talent I had, pursued a career that seemed luxurious and glamorous on the outside, only to find that not only was it not me, but was something not quite guaranteed in the future like I thought it was. Five years after graduating high school, I have now come back to the one thing I ran away from- music; It's in my blood, I know it like the veins on the back of my palm, I could recite scales in a hearbeat as opposed to explain why the percentage of sales have dropped from the previous month, I hear music everywhere I go and can pick apart the different instrumentation of sections- stick with what you're good at. You just might regret one day in your elder years not pursuing your passion while you had the chance.

Someone who likes to be extremely challanged. Vista is extremely easy and doesn't offer an environment that makes you want to strive to be more creative.

Angela

The students in my class are very motivated to achieve their goals in college.

The students in my class are very motivated to achieve their goals in college.

My school is best known for being unique in both it's architectual style and it's diverse group of teachers that come from all over the country with different backgrounds.

If I could go back in time & talk to myself as a senior in high school, knowing what I know now about college life, I would tell myself to first apply for hundreds of scholarships so that you have a better chance at getting awarded at least one. I would also tell myself to do alot of research on several schools to make sure I am going to one that fits me comfortably or specializes in my particular field of study. I would also give myself advice about how much your GPA affects your college career. One of the most important things I would tell myself is to learn good study habits because they will play a vital role in making sure I pass my classes and learn the material. I would also tell myself to go to college right out of high school instead of waiting 10 years, because it makes the transition from high school to college that much harder. Finally I would not let anyone tell me I am too dumb to succeed in life because of my background or because of where I came from and not to give up till I reach my goals.

Damian

I would first prove its mye by saying "there is a snake in the tree and the dog has to pee" so that way I knew it was me. I would tell my self to not be led by money after I graduate highschool and not to live in the moment. Its sad to say High school will be the best years for some people and they will never go beyond that, but you Damian Brundige will not be one of those people . I would advise me to take a few math, spanish, and yoga classes ur first year of college. Dont be on such a one mind track,about how the"life plan" is suppose to work out. I would leave him with this last quote to reflect on while I faded away int the sunset, ?You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.? --Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) and if I did not know who said that back then I would definitly punch my self in the face

The professors there are amazing, classes are so small ypu have one on one help. they are also willing to go the extra mile and show/help you . They dont give you the work ans say "read this , we will test on monday" they actually teach and guide to success!

the students that run the finincal aid, and busurs office are rude. When it comes to handeling large numbers of students they can not function properly and do not take the time to actually do the work. They pass the so called bucket to a actual person that works there. If they had more of an efficent staff this process would make student life better.

Brigette

Classmates are just like I am. They don't love community college but they find it bearable, and if you look really closely they're actually totally normal people who are just kickin' it community college style. Surprisingly, several classmates turned out to be really great friends.

Stop being so dramatic. Yeah, Dad lost his job and you can't go to A&M, but you're not even giving community college a chance! You're going to miss your friends, but their absence only makes your little time with them more precious. You're going to get frustrated living at home, but you get to spend sweet time with our family, and since you're living with the rents you still get to watch American Idol with Mom come January 12 (can't wait). Please Brigette, just open your mind. I promise that the year will fly by, and you are going to learn so much more than you think you will. Northwest Vista has so much to offer, you just have to shed your bitterness and accept what's right in front of you. Your freshman year is going to turn out so much better than you think, so lose the attitude, put on your big girl pants, and get ready for an awesome year. Ya dig?

If you like excitement and want to get out there and see the world, Northwest Vista's not for you. But if you're looking for an awesome campus with pretty sweet professors, this college is actually really great. Don't do what I did, which is to be bitter about going to a community college. You'll get out of Northwest Vista what you put into it.

Northwest Vista College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.