Northwest Vista College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northwest Vista College

Joshua

Wonderful school with plenty of opportunities to learn and have incredible faculty. Are often presented with a way to make money via scholarships and events that payout towards students for just having fun. I would do it all again if I had to. All the programs are very thorough in how they handle preparing you for a career and easily transfer to larger universities. Affordable credit hours and resources for classes!

Andres

Northwest Vista college is an absolutely great college for young students who just graduate from high school and looking for a community college to start their basics. The campus offers such a wide variety of facilities that a normal university would have such as a gym, cafeteria, and small community of stores. One particular helpful moment in my learning career in Northwest Vista is a mandatory learning framework class, which provides how to access your own college aces account; financial aid information, online courses, library resources and much more.

Zachary Ramon

Northwest Vista college is a great place to get your course classes you need to get the degree you want, and all at a reasonable price. Staff is very well mannered, and honestly with the scenery in the background, and students. It brings life to it all for the better.

Joshua

It is an excellent school for those who want to save money without sacrificing their education. Yes, it is a community college so it's quality may fall a bit behind the major universities like UTSA and Texas A&M San Antonio; but it is still an excellent place of higher education. The professors and instructors here are very friendly and encourage independence and growth, the facilities are maintained very well and organized to a tee, the community here feels very open and accepting, from what I've experienced, and most people tend to be pretty friendly. The school also pushes for participation in extracurriculars, fine arts, student and community activities, and college fairs. The campus also shows generosity to our veterans who attend classes on campus and have a very welcoming veterans center at the front of the college. It is an excellent school if you're undecided in what you wish to pursue as a career and the courses they have here accommodate those who want to go to university without having to pay the outrageous prices of going to one.

BreeAna

I am in my second year at Northwest Vista college. I am a Biology major, and this school is wonderful! They have a study lab for everything - Biology/Chemistry, English, History, Psychology, Math and they also have study rooms that you can use to study, practice presentations, and anything else school related. The classes are affordable, and the professors are really explanatory and go at a pace that you can keep up while still being interested. It is easy to meet with an advisor about transfer plans or any questions you have about your classes. There are resources everywhere, so you don't feel overwhelmed or like you won't know what you should be doing. I plan to transfer to Galveston A&M University in Fall 2017 but my time at Northwest Vista has been great, and I recommend it as a first step for people who aren't sure if they're ready or can't afford to go straight to a University right away. Northwest Vista also has a lot of activities that keep students updated on topics (such as accounting, woman's rights, civil rights, etc)

Amber

Northwest Vista College is a great school that got ranked 2nd in the state of Texas for best community colleges in the year 2015 and 2016. It's affordable and they granted me many opportunities to rack up my resume including an internship and work-study position. They may not have the large variety of extra-curricular activities as universities do, but NVC definitely has a fair share of clubs that students can join. The recreational center is relaxing and accessible to students throughout the weekdays. For the majority of the professors I had, they are understanding and flexible with meeting with you. Though NVC doesn't have a solid degree plan for English majors like myself, they do have contests for prose and poetry, which I succeed with getting 2nd place for my short story. The campus is clean and very safe and I couldn't be happier with my choice before transferring to a four year college. Northwest Vista has prepared me in multiple ways from work experience, leadership skills, to academics.

Amy

Northwest Vista College is a friendly environment with a very modern school setting. The instructors that I have had are very approachable and are still here for me, even if I already finished their class. The students are from the community because it's usually where a large amount of high school graduates apply to right after high school. I find this campus to be beautiful enough to do your homework on the grass next to lake, or on a bench.

Ali

The atmosphere is very welcoming, especially to incoming freshman. As a sophomore about to transfer to UTSA, Vista has helped me grow up and take responsibility for my academics and has been a great introduction to college classes. I love the school and I will never forget them for all they've done to help me.

Northwest Vista is a beautiful campus with a lake in the middle. The lake is great place to sit around and have some profound thinking. Majority of students keep to themselves, therefore there is not much student involvement. There are sport teams to going but school spirit is minimal.

elysa

Northwest Vista Community College is one of the greatest campuses I have been to. Not that I have been to many, but out of the Alamo Community Colleges and for being just a coommunity college, Northwest Vista is the best. It is a beautiful, big, open campus with so much to do and so many different activities a student could want to involve themselves with. Going into my freshman year of college, I was scared. I figured it was just going to be like high school except bigger and more people. I was wrong. Northwest Vista makes you feel nothing like high school. It’s a safe, loving, and caring environment to students and is very welcoming to freshman and returning students. As i walked in the front doors, already I was lost about where to go. I kindly asked a random student if she knew where my class would be and she ended up walking me there and told me all about Vista and her freshman year there as well. Here, at NVC you make lots of new friends and even get to be with some friends that you may have not seen in a while. Finishing up my first year of college, I saw all the incoming freshman and helped them to their classes and welcomed them to campus as done to me. As I finish my second year here, I have never been more grateful for the administration, faculty, students, and even the campus for providing me with all the necessities I can possibly need. Thanks to Northwest Vista, I feel prepared and ready to transfer over to the university and start the next chapter of my life.

Briyah

At first I was weary of going to a community college but, after attending Vista, I'm glad I went with my decision. The professors at northwest vista are extremely helpful and knowledge in their fields the campus also has many facilities to help you become the best student you can be. On top of all this, the campus is beautiful, there's a lake and plenty of nice places to sit and study whether it be outside or indoors.

Jordan

I think it's a good community college overall. Academically it seems up to par, with it not being as rigorous as a university. However, it isn't easy to the point where it doesn't academically feel like a postsecondary institution. The cafeteria is overpriced, but the food is okay at best. Would not recommend going every day if you want to save money. The student life is friendly, met a lot of people and made many friends over the past two semesters. Obviously, since it's a community college, there is no campus party scene at the college or greek life. However, there is plenty of friendly students as well as activities to participate in. The campus looks nice, and it's a relatively nice size as it is easy to get from one building to the next. No buildings looked old or in need of any major repair, so no complaints there. Class size is nice, as there is mostly around twenty to thirty students per classroom and it gives an easy opportunity to get direct help from the professors. Overall, I liked this community college and would recommend it to anyone wanting to finish their first two years for a cheap tuition.

I enjoy my time there and I encourage anyone looking for higher education to first attend this community college. It is a great way to attend college without the intimidation of a large university. The staff are very friendly and helpful, I always feel like they have the answers that I need and are always readily available.

Phong

I really enjoy the campus life. Everyday there are people promoting something and the students seem very involved. I came with the impression that I would absolutely hate the school but I was very wrong in my assumption and would not want to be at any other school.

Dayani

I believe that Northwest Vista College is an excellent school for kids who have never had college experience or classes, even for students who have taken college classes. The teachers are very good because they are specifically for your major/minor. The classes are small in size and the students are allowed to interact with the teachers easier. The campus is beautiful and there are many resources to help you become successful.

Amy

I think it's a great community college, I'm here to learn so I don't tend to worry about those around me. The professors I've had so far really like there job so thumbs up to that. Although I put 4 stars due those who work at the office seem to not like their job very well or don't want to be there.

Rolando

It's a pretty good campus as a stepping stone towards your career. Most of the teachers are very receptive and answer the questions that you have. There will be that one instructor tha will be a little iffy, but that shouldn't hinder you much. All in all, NVC is a very good campus.

Sesttle

Northwest Vista is one of the five Alamo Colleges. NVC is a great school for getting you basics done and/ or your Associates Degree. NVC has small, but good classes, and all at a cheap price. The teachers are great, along with the school activities. I would defiantly recommend this school for anyone trying to get an Associates or basics done for a low price.

Brandon

After attending for almost a year at Northwest Vista College, i can strongly say that professors are their to make a difference in the students lives. Everyone you walk by on campus are polite, helpful and very inviting when speaking about hangouts, work or extracurricular activities. The resources provided are very useful and very complex due to the idea that we deserve nothing but the best resources. The nature of Northwest Vista is completely beautiful as the lake sparkles from the sun and the ducks stroll around the pathways of the campus. I enjoy the freedom and the simplicity of the background behind the college as it is not seen as a maze, but a wonderful, picture perfect journey to your destination.

It is a good college, it is nearby where I live, and they make it very easy to sign up and drop classes if you need it. The professors are friendly and very helpful, and are easy to in touch with if you need to get in touch with them outside of class. The food is good and have a variety of choices for whatever you are craving. I have nothing to say about housing, since Vista does not have on campus dorms. although there are a few apartment complexes down the street from the school, I don't know much about them though. The only complaint I have is about the parking, but Vista as added more parking lots in the past few years. It is just difficult and sometimes irritating finding a parking spot, but that is not really the schools fault. It has to do with the people parking in the spots and whatnot. whenever the weather is too harsh to go into, you can have notifications sent to your phone to tell you if the campus is open or not. they even send you emails letting you know if there is somethings you should be looking out for whether it is for your safety or something for you to look forward to. Security even goes around campus to 'keep the peace', so to speak. The campus itself is great, it's very picturesque, that is one things I hear positively about the most. overall my opinion about Vista is good. It is a very good school and they think of the students and teachers as much as they can,and do what they can to make things as best and as effectuate as they can.

Grace

The campus is large and very beautiful. The buildings are spacious, and the classroom size is small which allows the professors to connect more fruitfully with each student. Northwest Vista College is technology friendly, which helps students connect more effectivley with the professors and get the tools he/she needs to be successful. If you're looking for an affordable and enjoyable college experience, Northwest Vista College is the place to go.

Edgar

I really loved the campus of Northwest Vista College due to its scenic views and the academic opportunity it offers. But the most important thing to me is that it offers lots of help to the students who need it. On campus they have buildings and classrooms dedicated to tutors and this will help all students of all levels of education. And this school is a two program so after the two years are over they help you transfer to your 4 year university and make the transition smoothly so you can be prepared for your next classes at the university. I think that Northwest Vista College is a great starting school for your great plans in life because it helps you grab those credentials so you can prosper in school when you ready to transfer. And the school itself is ranked number 6 in the nation out of all community colleges.

Zachary

I think it is a rather nice school. It has come along way from when I first attended 10 years ago and most of my classes were in portables, they even have their own lake! They also recently put in a parking garage, showing that their attendance has really increased. With the West and Northwest side of town becoming more and more developed their has been a huge increase in people moving in and business' springing up in and around the area of Northwest Vista.

Kristina

NVC is a decent community college to attend. The campus is always clean and well-maintained. Even with the new parking garage, it is a nightmare looking for a spot to park. The elevators in the parking structure are extremely slow and I very rarely see people use them. The college does try to be active with its students and they have many organizations and clubs to join.

Jayde

NVC

Bianca

Northwest Vista has given me a lot of opportunities to grow professionally. With workshops that provide services to have our resume reviewed, and interview skills polished, I have become more confident with myself. The professors are very caring and it is easy to tell that they are passionate about their course and job. Students at Northwest Vista are going to find themselves surrounded by other students who are eager to learn .

Rodney

NVC is a nice campus overall. I've only been here for one semester, but I guess I like it so far.

Meagan

I have been coming here for a total of 3 years now. It has grown since I first started back in 2009. The atmosphere is great, the professor are great, and the staff is great. Out of all the classes I have taken I have only have one professor I had a issue with. Everyone is very friendly and helpful too. It maybe just a community college but it is a great one!

Britt

I like the campus and it has friendly staff

Devon

It’s an amazing college campus. If students in the area that want to get they’re basics out of the way easy and fast without an worried and want average classes sizes like they’ve experienced in High School, I highly recommend choosing Northwest Vista College!

Alan

My overall opinion of Northwest Vista College is a great one. This institution and the staff members are very helpful and put their student in a position to succeed. This provides the tools that every college needs to succeed in a four year institution and I am grateful to be a student at Northwest Vista College.

Sasha

The Digital Video and Cinema Production program is awesome, with state-of-the-art, professional video and audio equipment, and great teachers who are invested in the students' success. The school's vibe is pretty chill. The computer labs and resources available to students is great, along with the art , studio, and photography classes. The food selection could be better and could be cheaper too. The student activities are fun, sometimes there's free food or food trucks at events. Overall, the campus, people, events, and classes are exciting yet tranquil too.

Alexia

Northwest Vista has helped me tremendously in the classroom. My professors are always willing to help me understand if I don't and always emphasize how available they are to help us be the best students we can be. I couldn't think of a better community college to recommend to anyone. Northwest Vista is a school that actually prioritizes educational learning of the real-world and in the classroom.

Shanice

Overall opinion on Northwest Vista is, it is a great school. Every professor I have had has been great and accessible. The campus itself is beautiful they even have a lake! They let the resources for student be known, and are more than happy to help you if you need help.

Marina

Northwest Vista is a great community college that strives students who attend to do their best and succeed. It is a beautiful campus with lots of activities to do including sports and many different clubs you can join, I also love the classroom setting and the teacher to student ratio and how we get a lot of one on one time.

I am lucky enough to be a part of this community despite being a high school student. I am dual-enrolled and I love the fact that I am able to receive a college education while still obtaining my high school degree. It truly is a close-knit environment with amazing resources and staff! Class sizes are perfect and actually allow you to interact with those with the same degree goals as you. I would highly recommend for anyone looking for a great chance to just get started and help move forward in education.

Karina

It's a great school! I love the professors and their attitudes in the class. It makes us want to learn and participate. Everyone is very friendly when you have a question or just in general as well. People never push you away or ignore you, and will try their best to help you. I would have loved for dorms to be provided but since it's a community college, I don't think that'll be possible.

Caren

I love the campus, it's a fun and friendly and I felt very welcomed when I first arrived. The professors are nice and give us many opportunities to see them whenever we need them. The campus isn't huge but it's definitely not small, it's beautiful and how the buildings are built are just wonderful. I recommend Northwest Vista because it was ranked number one community college in texas

Joshua

Northwest Vista is a very friendly and inviting student community. Professors are insightful and helpful if students have an issue understanding the materials provided. It is a safe campus that keeps the students updated with any and all security alerts. And there are many ways to get involved on campus through various clubs and activities. All in all, Northwest Vista is an excellent school for students who are looking to start their college career.

Northwest Vista College is what you would expect from a community college. Not too overwhelming in class size. The class sizes always range from 15- 20 students which provides a comfortable atmosphere for an integrative approach to learning. The staff in their respective offices, i.e, financial aid, business, admissions, could improve in the customer service department. I have found a few of the staff to be lacking in knowledge causing issues which otherwise could have avoided. Parking has improved allowing a lot students to save time. The cleanliness of the school is very good and no improvement is needed in that area. To conclude, anyone looking to get a great education at a safe, clean, resourceful institution could attend Northwest Vista College and would not be disappointed.

Anna

Northwest Vista (NWV) College is the best decision I've made. I used to go to a university and the amount of students that can be crammed into one lecture is intense. At NWV the classes are 10x smaller compared to university. I even tried a different community college and NWV over any campuses I've been too. There is better technology and more resources. It is constantly remodeling and adding more every semester. NWV has some of the best professors I have ever taken. You can really tell that at NWV every one genuinely loves their job there and this creates a welcoming environment to learn and get involved.

Sergio

I'll be honest Northwest Vista was not my first choice. I didn’t think that going to community college was a good idea . It felt like all the hard work that I did in school was all for nothing,but as I've come to learn when one door closes another one opens. Northwest Vista turned out to be the right choice. I had a negative connotation about community college and they completely changed it. There is a great culture at Northwest vista that you can sense right of the bat. Every single staff member wants you to succeed whether it’s an advisor or a professor. Each and everyone one of them wants you to do the best you can do.There is a plethora of tools that you can use such as writing labs, math advocacy centers, and the library is full of resources you can use. The campus itself is beautiful it has great vibes and just gives off good energy. Overall Northwest vista gives you the tools that you need to transfer over to a 4-year institution. It sets the baseline so that you can achieve your goals. I feel like if I haven’t gone to Vista I would have been lost , but thankfully to all the help from everyone I feel confident in my journey to transfer ,and i Know they can do the same for any one.

Dominique

Northwest Vista College has truly changed my life. I am beyond thankful to attend the number 1 community college in the state of Texas. Our faculty and staff have the passion to get students on the right track with their careers, with the support they need. From the many resources and labs we have on campus, to the thoughtful and caring academic advisors, Northwest Vista College is truly the epitome of excellence.

Shayne

I love the campus and how friendly everyone here is. The professors are very accessible and look to help you in anyway they can. The class sizes are the same as a typical High School so it makes it easier to get a Simi-personal connection with the professors. The only thing I would change is the amount of Majors that are available, but given that it is only a 2 year college, you can't expect that much.

Danielle

This school is very beautiful and welcoming to all its students. The lake in the middle of the campus is beautiful and makes it very calming. The professors and advisors are very helpful when needing to ask questions. For it being a community college you can’t even tell that it is one.

Clara

It's a good campus to get little college experience academically. The professors prepare their students for a four-year university. There's a lot of resources being provided for the students, students have access to information that are helpful for their field of study. Everyone is friendly, everyone try to get involve in events that the school announced.

Eboni

Northwest Vista Community College is a pretty college. There are not as many clubs here so time passes slowly. The food services are great overall, but the food prices are a bit on the high end and there is not anything near the college that you could grab for a quick bite to eat. The campus is clean, they prioritize cleanliness and environmentally safe standards. For an enjoyable learning experience, take your time to find the few gems on campus within each subject. If you cannot find the perfect teacher, it will be a very long semester.

Miranda

Being a first time college student here at Northwest Vista it will change everything about your life. People around are very friendly and will help in a time of need to anyone around. Professors and staff are also very helpful for any major.

Jewels

Northwest vista college is a great start for everyone. I highly recommend for anyone who may not want to have their start automatically with a university. You’ll see many faces on campus and people are very polite. It’s an amazing introduction to the college life.

Amelia

Overall this school exceeds expectation for being a community college. Professors are extremely easy to contact, very open to meeting you outside of class and fast at responding to emails and text messages. The campus overall is very well kept. There is no overflowing trash in the trash cans, and students are encouraged to recycle. You'll find that there is always more students outside, enjoying the campus activities and weather rather than sitting inside the cafe or student lounges on their laptops. The Wi-fi is fast and there is always room in the library to study when exams and finals come around. There are multiple student centers to go to if you need help with homework and studying and the advisors are very knowledgeable when it comes to helping get a better understanding of your degree plan. Overall Northwest Vista stands out as a community college and it is a school I would recommend to anyone in the surrounding area to attend.