Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus Top Questions

Martha

Dear Martha, I know you are a very intelligent person and I advice you to study harder. Things will turn out for the best don't procrastinate because that will just set you back on your goals. Don't take time off after high school, do something anything like community college atleast one or two classes. Don't second guess yourself because you are destined for great things and if you don't give up you will accomplish your dreams of one day being your own boss. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it because of your status and because there is no money, there are plenty of ways to get where you want to be. Don't focus on over working always put your school before work because that cashier job is temporary and you will end up regretting that decision. You can have a career that makes your life feel complete doing what you love and not having to follow anyone else's orders, do what your heart desires.

Katherine

I have always been a responsible individual, so as a high school senior I thought college wasn't going to be too different. If I could give myself some advice I would tell myself to start saving for college books, and that college teachers are nothing like high school teachers, so pay attention at all times because anything and everything is going to be on the test. I would also tell myself that college is extremely important and that it holds the key to the future. The work is going to be harder and more challenging, but in the end, when everything is said and done, if you gave it your all, you will see how all the long nights studying paid off. Most importantly, I would tell myself never to get discouraged because there will be times when you feel you can't handle it, but eventually everything will fall back to its right place.

I would tell myself to remember that education is an ongoing process. You build on what you already know and studying and taking good notes are key in college. Also, if you are having a difficult time understanding something, don't hesitate to ask questions. The teachers are there for you, so don't be afraid to ask. I would also tell myself to never lose sight of your goals and dreams, anything is possible if you put your mind to it. And last but not least, join as many groups, clubs, and organizations. Not only do you meet new people, but new opportunites come your way as well.

Anjanett

Hello, Angie it's me and I know your excited about our acceptance letter to A&T University. We are now about 4 months pregnant and no one in the family knows. But we still plan on attending and do for a while. But don't beat yourself up because I am going to tell you about our new transition in furthering our education for a second time. We will have flexible hours to manage the home, children, a job, and still earn our education. We will be considered as an online undergraduate student at Northwestern College! We will not be judged by our past mistakes but by our dreams and possibilities. The staff is friendly and will help with any issues you my have. You will be able to have one on one with your instructors, just by typing on the labtop or just picking up the phone all in the comfort of our home. It is like being in two places at one time! So, Angie just keep you mind focused on wanting and desiring that college degree. We're going to make it!

Spirit

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would first tell myself to prepare for the transition. Going from high school to college without being prepared can be deadly because in college you no longer have someone to hold your hand through everything. In college you must be prepared for a greater level of responsibility. I would also tell myself to learn time management. In college, classes do not meet eveyday so it can be easier to miss out on assignment s or even put them off at the last minute only to find out more time is required for it to get done properly. Lastly, I would tell myself one word. FOCUS. In college, you are completely responsible for your success and if you remain focus, you can be successful.