Orange City, IA
Northwestern College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwestern College

Josh

My classmates were very punctual, supportive, and friendly.

My classmates were very punctual, supportive, and friendly.

Find out who you are on your own two feet. Don't depend on someone else to to make you happy. Surround yourself with positive people. The biggest mistake you can make is being afraid to make one.

The most frusturating thing about my school is the vast amount of people that make up our campus and community can be very judgemental. Unfortunately, their is a certain "social and spiritual" standard that everyone holds in high regards, and if you don't meet that standard you can be looked down upon and feel judged.

Laura

Northwestern College is a small Christian college located in Orange City, Iowa that focuses on academics, faith, and the integration of the two. Northwestern prides itself on the community students build during their time at the college, a reputation that has proven to be true for me.

As a sophomore in college, if I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be confident. When I made my decision to attend Northwestern, I was happy with my decision, but I was still concerned that I had made the right decision. Now, I know without a doubt I made the right decision. The people I have met here, the things I have learned, and the experiences I have had during my time at Northwestern had impacted my life in more ways than I ever could have imagined. The professors and class I have taken have challenged me in ways that will serve me well in not only medical school but in other areas of life. I know, as a senior in high school, I was worried about meeting new people. However, the friends and teammates I have met seem like family to me now, it's strange to believe I was even worried. They have encouraged, supported, and influenced my life in so many ways, creating bonds that will last a lifetime. Overall, I would tell my high school self to not worry and enjoy the ride.

Since Northwestern is a small college, students attending this school should be comfortable with living in a smaller, more rural community. The students need to be academically focused, as courses are rigorous and the students will be challenged. Students attending Northwestern can be of any faith background; however, given that Northwestern is a Christian college, there are multiple opportunities for students to learn and grow in their Christian faith.

Robbie

Northwestern students enjoy life at all levels--from studying to playing pranks on their wingmates.

Northwestern in Orange City, IA is a private Christian college. It is unique in that it keeps its Christian identity and makes it a major focus in all its educational programs. So many other private schools say they are Christian, but they really don't embrace it or help to strengthen their students faith. NWC is truly a Christian college.

Hey self! Life is not about YOU! It's that simple. As you leave high school and move away from your family, there is only one thing you need to keep in mind to be successful: Life is not about you. It's about the One who made you and its about putting others ahead of yourself. You're very focused on "self" right now, but you've made your college decision and now it is time to think about how your are going to make your life count for others. You can go one of two ways: 1.) Go to college, do everything to get ahead (even if that means stepping on others), and try and make as much money as possible or 2.) Go to college, open your eyes to those around you in need, and use your God-given abilities to meet those needs. It is your choice. Yes, college will be challenging and you'll have to be responsible to be successful, but there is still plenty of time to look out for the needs of others. Our world needs servants. I hope you'll choose to be one.

Mark

Northwestern is a small college that has a great "family feel". Everyone knows each other and generally everyone is extremely friendly. The only downfalls are the location and food. Orange City is an extremely boring town with really nothing to do and the food there isn't great, but what campus does have good food? Northwestern does approach every class from a Christian perspective and depending on your perspective that can be a great experience or extremely annoying

Hide your valuables especially food, otherwise just enjoy the experience of the dorm life with a bunch of people that you will probably end up being friends with for the rest of your life. You may not "LOVE" everyone, but you will eventually find your group and become extrememly close to them. At that point you will start to fully enjoy your freshmen year. Other than that, practice being independent. Do your own laundry, cook your own food, and practice time management.

The people that should attend Northwestern are people that enjoy a sheltered life in a small town. Who would enjoy going to chapel four out of five days a week and can make their own fun because the town is kind of boring. The benefit to that is everyone is very close and you can usually figure out something to do together.

Russel

Dutch Community with Christian values ans ideals blened with the Dutch annual Tulip Festival. Being an smaller college allows students to know many prople and make great lasting friends.

There are many diferences answering this due to graduating several years ago. There are stark changes in society now complared to my College ecperience at the time. I will respond in the NOW! Education is as or more important now than ever. The econmomy and moral values have changed ratically. There is a distinct difference of perspective with those seeking a college education NOW. Aplicants need to be certain about what they are really interesed in and find a school that fits them personnlly. I have already been accepted to Clevaland Chiorpractic College (CCC). Due to the Economy situation mentioned above, I am in hard spot at the moment trying to sell my house so I can relocate to KS. I was unemployed at the time I decided to investigate CCC after choosog 4 total in the Midwest. CCC has been very helpful and patient with my situation. I have been requiered to "default" enrollment twice and CCC keeps me up to date when I can get all my issues cleared and start undergrad. Thank you for this opportunity. Russel Jahn

Small community college of 2000+. Culture was very helpful meeting an knowing profs personnally. Christian college with mon-fri chaple. I enjoyed all four years, met and made many friends. Orange City, IA is a small Dutch city woth friendly people all around. Sports is very well established and comminity is supportive.

Annie

College is the greatest present you can give to yourself, not only does it open your mind to new ideas and enhance you knowledge for your chosen field, but you also acquire great leadership and communication skills. You learn to be part of a community and experience what is like to work as part of a network, and you will also make connections that will last you a life time. Above all there is nothing more satisfying than knowing you worked hard and being able to proudly say i have a college degree.

My classmates have a variety of personalities that allow me to learn how to interact with different types of people.

My school is best known for it's Christian based education and challenging academics.

My advice to my high school self would be to really research your options a lot instead of being lazy. Also, I would tell myself to be more disciplined in doing my homework and put a lot more into it because homework in college is a lot harder. Also, I would tell myself that I need to learn how to study really well and find a way that works really well for me because having to start habits after you're in college is extremely difficult and stressful. When it comes to paying for college, I would tell myself to research scholarships more because college is a lot more expensive than most high school students think it is. Also, I would tell myself that I need to relax when it comes to meeting new and very different people because in college you meet a much bigger variety of people that you will have to socialize with. Lastly, I would tell myself that I need to get ready for the best years of my life!

Beverly

In general, my classmates are always willing to help, accept, and love you.

In general, my classmates are always willing to help, accept, and love you.

The first three months will be Hell for you. That's what happens when you live nine hours away in the middle of nowhere. So be prepared. But if you can soldier on, I promise you this will be one of the best experiences of your life. The landscape leaves much to be desired. But the people here are beautiful. They will leave a feeling of joy that will root deep within your soul. Remember to make time for them. Remember to keep that smile on your face. Remember to love. And don't take your time here for granted; ever. And, about those two professors. I know you hate them. But believe me, in the end, it will be more than worth it. Just stick with it.

I think the architecture could have been better. All the bulidings are flat topped and visually boring; like the landscape.

Rebekah

It has an absolutely amazing Christian community! The location relevant to my hometown is perfect for me, just 4 hours away. The Psychology program is one of the best in the state as well. The size of the campus is perfect. The profs always know you by name and take the time to get to know you and keep up with how you're doing in college and such.

When you're in high school , all you wish to do is fit a mold crafted by others around you. The goal is to be accepted and loved, even if you are not being the person you truly are. I was shy and incredibly aware of what others wanted me to be. I had terrible self esteem and developed an eating disorder that would consume me for four years. The summer after I graduated from high school , I felt a sense being released from others; expectations. Entering college meant that I was entering my future. This new future is one filled with my goals and expectations, no one else's. Since arriving at college, I have discovered that my body and image is not what makes me beautiful, but what I do with myself and the things I can accomplish. That in and of itself has made all the difference. I am on my way to being a child psychologist and making a difference in lives of youth who are even now struggling with a sense of no direction. I want to tell them the things I wish I had learned long ago about what really matters in life.

Joseph

So far it is safe to say that my college experience has been a valuable one. I have learned that the experience of receiving higher education is not just about getting good grades, it is about learning to solve the problems that face me every day, whether it is a class that I dislike or an assignment that is frustrating me. College is about trying new things, and striving to make a difference. Aside from teaching me all of the necessary "basics" in education, this experience has been valuable because it is teaching me to become a more responsible and independent person. I realize that I have only begun my journey to become more intelligent not just as a student, but more importantly as a person. This scholarship would be greatly appreciated in order to continue on my path for higher education.

Northwestern College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.