Winsted, CT
Northwestern Connecticut Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwestern Connecticut Community College

Sierra

My experience with Northwestern was absolutely amazing. It is a community college, but the opportunities are endless. When entering Northwestern I thought I was not college material, nor did I want to be in college. My opinion was compleatly flipped around, and my education flourished. Not only that but my social life flourished. I joined seven clubs, was a regular of the library and know the majority of the professors and staff by name (and can hold a conversation with them, too!) I graduated with honors, and am employed in our student food pantry as of now. The campus is more than giving.

Wonderful for a community college. Lots of help available to get you to a bigger university.

Amy

Northwestern Connecticut Community College is known as the "small college that does big things", and it's exactly that! I returned to school at the age of 36 and Northwestern is a great fit for me. It's class schedule is flexible, it's close to home, and most importantly the professors and staff are there to make sure you succeed! I know I have made the right decision to enter back into the school force and Northwestern is just the place to do it!!

I enjoy my experience here. The classes are small, so the professors get to know you personally. The academics are put first by most students and there are many clubs for them to join (some clubs are major specific such as the early childhood education association). The professors are usually very quick to respond to any question that a student may have and are willing to help them succeed by giving suggestions of scholarships or other things they can do to better themselves and look to a future career. Some students will choose to transfer, so the college has multiple college visits throughout the semester. There are also multiple fun student activities each semester such as dances, city bus trips, and an open ropes course once a week (supervised by the rock climbing instructor). I would highly suggest this college to anybody because of the class size, personal connection between staff and students, the student activities, and the ability to transfer almost anywhere with most if not all of your credits.

David

I would tell myself to hit the books. honestly, i didnt do very much in high school because i took it all for granted. It hurt me to know that all my friends were going off to college and meeting new people and making new friends. so i would tell myslef to do better in school and to save money for colllege. so that could have a chance to go away for school insted of staying home and going to a community college and working full time to pay for it.

The best thing about NCCC are the teachers. In the short time that i have been attending NCCC i have learned so much thanks to the great staff that work there.

how close it is to home. my family is very important and access to them is very important when i chose to where i want to transfer to.

Anne

This may be the first time in a person's life where they do not have someone to tell them when to do homework and how to manage their time. It is important to be able to set goals, priorities, and learn how to balance your own schedule. Although college life can be fun, this is an opportunity to truly expand your mind and learn more about the world. It is very beneficial to establish strong relationships with peers who are focused on their education and career goals as well as building professional relationships with your teachers. This will be the first opportunity to establish your professional network and you never know who you may learn the most from, so it is important to remain open-minded. Never be afraid to ask questions or bounce ideas off of others because different perspectives may open us up to options we may never have considered by ourselves. It is also important to know that no one is perfect, and some of the biggest opportunities to learn are when we struggle and make mistakes. Just be the best you can be at all you do, and you will always be a success!

I wish I had known more about the what classes would transfer to a four year college, because I may have taken different electives while working towards my associates degree.

Northwestern Connecticut Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.