Northwestern Connecticut Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northwestern Connecticut Community College

Amy

Northwestern Connecticut Community College is known as the "small college that does big things", and it's exactly that! I returned to school at the age of 36 and Northwestern is a great fit for me. It's class schedule is flexible, it's close to home, and most importantly the professors and staff are there to make sure you succeed! I know I have made the right decision to enter back into the school force and Northwestern is just the place to do it!!

Wonderful for a community college. Lots of help available to get you to a bigger university.

I enjoy my experience here. The classes are small, so the professors get to know you personally. The academics are put first by most students and there are many clubs for them to join (some clubs are major specific such as the early childhood education association). The professors are usually very quick to respond to any question that a student may have and are willing to help them succeed by giving suggestions of scholarships or other things they can do to better themselves and look to a future career. Some students will choose to transfer, so the college has multiple college visits throughout the semester. There are also multiple fun student activities each semester such as dances, city bus trips, and an open ropes course once a week (supervised by the rock climbing instructor). I would highly suggest this college to anybody because of the class size, personal connection between staff and students, the student activities, and the ability to transfer almost anywhere with most if not all of your credits.

Sierra

My experience with Northwestern was absolutely amazing. It is a community college, but the opportunities are endless. When entering Northwestern I thought I was not college material, nor did I want to be in college. My opinion was compleatly flipped around, and my education flourished. Not only that but my social life flourished. I joined seven clubs, was a regular of the library and know the majority of the professors and staff by name (and can hold a conversation with them, too!) I graduated with honors, and am employed in our student food pantry as of now. The campus is more than giving.