Traverse City, MI
Northwestern Michigan College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwestern Michigan College

Katie

Kansas City Art Institute is a school of art that is very strick, and intensive in the subjects and art forms that are taught , giving the students a wonderful work ethic and immense knowledge when introduced to the professional world.

I am older than most of the students in my class, so many of them to me seem young and naive. Some are great students and I feel will go far in this program, others are very whiny and seem to want everyone to make it easier for them. I enjoy my school immensly and in that, I enjoy the social side of the classes as well as learning. I learn a lot from my fellow students and am excited to get to know more of them. As long as they do not whine too much!

High School seniors are faced with huge decisions that are overwhelming and life changing. Unfortunately, many schools are not able to provide adequate counseling for such decisions. If I were able to go back in time and advise myself, I would be finished with school already; not having to return to school after many wasted years. There is too much stress in the school system nowadays, and no real way of helping students decide on what to do or where to go to school. My advice would be to take as much as a year off school. This break would be the ideal time to de-stress and earn money. Searching out one?s talent or passion would be a great way to spend the time between high school and college and give the student a better outlook on which college and profession to study while in school. The school counselors and advisors I have been introduced to do not take their jobs seriously, or do well at them. While this is a problem, if more seniors would take time to explore life before they return to a school environment, there would be a higher number of successful college students.

Thomas

A learning environment designed to give students hands on experience in what they are interested in, allow them the chance to explore different paths of education to best fit their needs, and provide assistance in both attaining your educational goals and furthering your education elsewhere.

The first thing I would do is shake my hand, give myself a pat on the back and say, "I never knew I was this handsome." Afterwards, however, I would address more serious issues I believe many students make poor choices of in their young age. I would tell myself to take my time. I would tell myself to listen more to what I wanted in life instead of what my peers and family told me I needed to do. Never lose sight of your dreams, and try to stay a little more focused this time... ok? An education pursued without true determination and passion is an education squandered, and a real, true happiness lost. Don't base your educational goals around money, base them around having a career you enjoy so much you never truely work a day in your life. Do what you love, do what you're passionate about, do what your heart is telling you to do... and please, do pull pants up, you look ridiculous.

An individual with a true desire to receive further, quality education, but unsure in the exact career path direction in which to follow.

Aaron

Well the unique thing about my school is that it is the largest and best community college in my state. And the other great benefit is it is close to home.

If I could go back in time... This has always been a question I have tried to avoid simply because of the mistakes I have made in my life. And truly the only way I would go back is if I could go back knowing what I know now. That is what makes this question unique and answerable for me. I would definitly encourage myself knowing the great challenges that lie ahead, but also keeping my eyes focused on the prize. When the challenge is great it makes the reward even greater. The harder we have to work the more we respect where we are and what we have accomplished. I would tell myself that the people I meet and the relationships I will form will be lasting. And to take everything in as this will be the time of my life. But also to buckle down stay away from the parties and ladies. They will be there, but this oppurtunity for the rest of my life won't be. I would tell myself that this is the best thing you will ever do for yourself. Stay focused, work hard, and don't lose faith in God.

Before I came to this school I wish I would have know or respected the improtance and benefits of an education. Because then I would have worked harder earlier on in my life, and where I am now would be in my career instead of just getting started at such a late period in life.

My classmates are all cybermates - my classes are online!

My classmates are all cybermates - my classes are online!

A letter to my 18-year-old, college-bound self from my 35-year-old, re-entering college self: Self: You?re about to leave your comfy house with the waterbed and mom and move into a 12? x 12,? insane asylum blue, cinder block "room." Take the time to decorate, it will help. Food on campus is not good. My advice: eat an ENORMOUS breakfast because lunch is particularly awful! You?re going to have to read until your eyes hurt. Take out your contacts to read. On the subject of reading: get used to the fact your books will be your biggest expense. College is going to be four years of new experiences, soak them in! Which brings me to the present-day. Here you are, 35; a bachelor?s degree in journalism that you never made a career out of; still paying students loans; and going back to college to try to break into a field where you maybe won?t be so susceptible to the economy for your lively hood. I?ll leave you with this: Good Luck! You?re going to need it, both this time around and the next. Sincerely you, Jennifer Shock

NMC has a stunning campus. In town, yet nestled in trees and bounded by great neighborhoods.

Maxwell

Most people are very friendly. There is a wide age diversity at this school, although not much racial diversity (mostly white people).

Keep your eyes on the prize, never give up. Even if things go slowly, keep working at them, you and you will succeed all in all your goals. Oh, and work a little harder on the math, you'll need it.

Nothing, really. This is a small school and the students and staff are very friendly and willing to help out new students.

"Samantha, you are allowed to change. Just because you were different in High School, misunderstood, does not mean that you will have no friends here. You have a chance to be someone completly different, because you are meeting people who don't know you. Don't put off college for as long as you did, go right at it from High School. Don't worry about realationships, boys, drinking or drugs, because those are just going to keep you from your dreams of being a memorable member of society. You matter, to someone, you matter. You are bright and talented. You are beautiful, interesting and worth while. You are caring, loving and loyal. In college you will be able to use your traits to your advantage. People want to meet you and know you, and be your friend. College professors want to hear your opinion. You are not alone. Not matter how much you feel lonely, there is always someone out there willing to talk to you and be your friend."

I wish I had known that I could be a different person then I was in High School. College is a time for reinventing yourself, going outside of your comfort zone, making new friends and trying new things.

I like that my school is so diverse. it's not like high school where everyone is a member of a clique. People who would not normally associate with each other are making friends with each other.

Annamarie

I would go back in time and tell myself that no matter how much pressure everyone is putting on you, you have to remember to stay calm throughout the process. Applying for scholarships, choosing a degree and classes, and enrolling is a very stressful and difficult situation to handle. I would also tell myself to prepare doing all of the deciding and researching about your degree because the counselors do not help as much as you would think they would. Even though this is a very stressful and difficult time you have to remember that schooling is extremely important, and you cannot give up hope! Even when you want to give up you cannot. Just tough it up and you will make it through unscratched!

The worst thing about my school would have to be the inability to really help you decide what path to take. Even though the counselors try their best to help you, I never recieved enough help that was clear and easy to understand.

The most frustrating thing about Northwestern Michigan College would have to be the parking situation. Because the enrollment has increased drastically these past two semesters, there has not been sufficient parking to hold these new-comers. So there are way more people than there are parking spaces, and the college is not taking the right approach to solving the problem.

Melanie

Most of my classmates are just average kids, trying to better themselves in a very tough economic world.

My advie to myself and to all seniors would be to grow up, mature and take responsibility for your future. I would encourage a strong academic background, an honorable attendance, a respectful stance with instructors and a willingness to comprehend what the future can hold for you. I would tell them this is not the year to skip school, to become lax in their grades and to belittle or disrespect their teachers or classmates. This is the year to excell and show everyone how you have grown and learned through the years. Prove that you can perserve in the future and explain that today, right now, what you do can and probably will determine your future. The past is in the past, let it go, but today the future is in your hands. Be wise and be smart in your choices.

Any person with a hope, a dream and a desire for a better life and a successful and healthy career should attend Northwestern Michigan College.

Teresa

I actually go to Davenport University, but the extention is here in Traverse City.

My classmates are all very diverse.

Don't slack off senior year and make each moment count.

Northwestern Michigan College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.