Northwestern Michigan College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northwestern Michigan College

Thresa

It is a quiet, safe and lovely campus located in beautiful Traverse City Michigan. The staff seem incredibly helpful overall and have been very available for your success.

Charlie

It is a small college with bountiful opportunities to learn inside and outside the classroom. The extracurriculars are easy to find and even after an Associates or Bachelors through NMC their University Center located close by can help in extending your education further.

Amara

NMC is an awesome community college, has a safe comfortable environment, many programs of study, and many awesome areas to hang that are quiet.

As a two-year college, it is a great start to the college experience. The teachers and students are all very nice and open to helping you and the community is very close. The college is surrounded by a forrest-area providing amazing scenery and a goo environment for studying in. I liked studying there but it wasn't as challenging academically as I expected it to be which was good because it was easy, but bad because I didn't like being bored most of the time.

Zebadiah

NMC is a great opportunity for students who are looking to get ahead in high school, transfer to a four year, work while in school, or even go back to school. The small size of the college is a positive for those who feel that they are not ready for a large university. Also, the staff is very helpful and there are many resources for the students. Overall I've enjoyed my experience at NMC.

Emma

Good small school, easy to transfer credits to larger university if needed. Great location, right on Lake Michigan and just minutes aways from downtown traverse city. Off-campus housing is pricey unless you're willing to drive 25+ minutes. Class sizes are relatively small no more than 30-40 students in a class. Good online opportunities as well.

Thad

When it comes to Northwestern Michigan College I have been very impressed. The overall atmosphere of Northwestern is very calm, they have rules in place to make it a well structured learning environment. I am currently in the nursing program and I love it. We not only get the chance to work with real patients alongside nurses at the hospital but also we have wonderful nursing instructors that go out of their way to make sure we accel at what we are there to learn and do. I have two more semesters before I graduate and begin my baccalaureate degree and I so look forward to seeing the changes and challenges Northwestern throws my way to help better my learning.

Heather

Friendly ,helpful and challenging. A good place to get a two year degree and I've heard they work well with other universities . It is a safe campus and the staff is helpful and invested in giving a good education. The only complaint i have is parking.

Andrea

My overall opinion of Northwestern Michigan College is that it's the perfect college that's like a home away from home, it's right in the city but there's more than just shopping to do for fun, and it has the university feel but it's like a community college. I love this college and would recommend to anybody.

Jaime

Northwestern Michigan College is a great community college with good professors and challenging courses. Class sizes are nice and professors are available to students for help on a regular basis. There is good blend of traditional students as well as adults returning to college. Affordable and good value.

Anna

It's more of a starting block for your posy-secondary education. Very helpful that there's the university center. It's a small town, so it's hard to make friends when everyone already knows each other and have established groups. Very close to Lake Michigan, which is definitely an added bonus. Beautiful when the weather's nice, but make sure you bundle up in the frigid winter!

Jarrett

Northwestern Michigan College is a very affordable school that you get your monies worth from. The campus is beautiful, well laid out, and students have a wide range of activities they can attend throughout the year. Class sizes are very small so you have one on one interaction with your professors.

Anna

It is very affordable, the class sizes are 30, maybe 35 students at most. There is a personal connection with the professors, you get to know each other pretty well during the semester. The professors are easily accessible and will reply with an answer that is satisfying for both parties. I love the campus, it has a friendly atmosphere about it but they only flaw it has is not enough parking space!

I loved attending NMC. From the first moment being on campus to the very last, everyone I met both students and faculty were welcoming and helpful. College can be daunting for anyone, especially someone coming from a small school like I did. NMC made the transition easy and comforting. I am very proud to be a hawk owl.

Jacob

It's a great community college with great educators. The class sizes are small enough for a more personal education where students do not fear asking questions. Choosing to start here then transfer was definitely a wise decision. Fiscally feasible and academically challenging...would recommend.

Holly

This Community College is an amazing place to start off your college career. The campus is easy to navigate and the class material easy to absorb. The teachers are wonderful people and always are there for their students. I couldn't have done dual enrolment and a better place.

Emma

A great school with reasonable class to professor ratio. I have never disliked one of my professors -- they have all been very knowledgable and some with very impressive degrees beyond a bachelors. The campus is very close to downtown Traverse City.

Kylea

I think it is a good school to attend. It is a cheaper option to get my same general education classes done before university. The students for the most part, seem friendly. We have a lot of involvement with clubs around campus to get everybody involved

I very much liked attending NMC. It was my first college and it definitely helped me adapt to college life. Some of the teachers and classes I’ve had were pleasant enough. I was lucky to have a lot of awesome teachers. I don’t think I’d be where I am now without the friends and people I’ve met there.

Alyssa

It provides an excellent and safe environment to continue education. The staff is kind and considerate; always willing to help students in whatever way possible. It is a beautiful area and the students enjoy campus life, whether they live on or off campus.

Nina

Northwestern Michigan College is a great stepping stone for higher education. Most only get two year degrees from this school but there transfer ability allows many students to receive their bachelor's from other four year colleges with out even having to leave Traverse City. The professors are very understanding and the library is a wonderful resource.