Natchitoches, LA
Northwestern State University of Louisiana

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwestern State University of Louisiana

Victoria

It is closer to home, offers a great nursing program, and is a comfortable school to live in.

I would take more dual enrollment courses to get me a step forward in my college career. I would also start saving my money so that college spending would not be as bad. I would have also registered for classes earlier.

People that shouldn't attend this school would be people that have a hard time with responsibility and time management.

Brett

Northwestern State University is an outstanding school with degrees in all fields, a great environment, and friendly students and faculty located in a great town that has a ton of history behind it.

If I were to go back in time knowing what i know now, I would tell myself to research more about my university and other universities. I would tell myself to go visit other places to see how things are different. And if Northwestern State University is the place for me, then get a feel for programs offered at my school because they are ready for me and I should be ready for them. I know people who just are not aware of programs and opportunities presented by my school, myself may be included. Also I would tell myself to work more and stop spending money on everything that I just want. School is way more important and it costs enough to run a family to debt. One last thing I would tell myself is learn not to procrastinate; procrastination can take over and possibly ruin your college career so its better you get rid of it before you start. Thats all, I wish myself the best of luck. P. S. I just have a feeling that you are going to do fine.

The high cost of living on campus, and overrated meal plans.

Trenton

The Creative and performing arts

The Creative and performing arts

Make sure you visit the college before hand and that it fits the students personality otherwise he/she would not feel inclined to get and education

It is a major music school and has one of the best marching bands in the nation.

Finding the right college is very important to how they have their college experience. Finding a college with a strong degree program for what you will be majoring in is one of the most important things to consider. Another thing to consider is the environment of the college, as in how friendly staff and students are and how well they communicate with you to make your stay there comfortable. You should go to the colleges you are considering before you make up your mind on where you will be attending. Meet and talk to the teachers in your field of study to see how well you will be treated at that branch of the school. Seeing the kinds of things that you can do outside of going to classes would be a good idea too; you can find out how bored or active you will be when not studying or in class. Students always need a little break from their studies to go out and do something, if it is only to eat or go see a movie.

How many little shops there are downtown. They're old timey looking and have some of the most random little trinkets in them.

Andrea

Northwestern State University (NSU) is in Natchitoches, Louisiana which is the largest settlement of the Louisiana Purchase. There is so much history in this small town mixed with modern technologies surrounding the campus. Also, at NSU, the classrooms are not over packed with people, so that each student has a more personal relationship with the teachers and not just a name or number.

The most important thing to consider when choosing the perfect college is where you are comfortable and if they have the major you want. Even if the college does not have the major you are looking for at first, you may go and love it so much you would choose a different major and it end up being the right thing for you. Campus size, involvement, diversity, etc. are great things to consider, but if you do not feel comfortable there none of those things will matter. All of those things will undoubtably affect your college experiece, but will not make it. You are the single most important aspect of that. Once you pick a place that provides you comfort you will be able to get as involved as you would like or get used to the size of the campus, in turn making your college experience. College offers so many ways of finding the perfect place. Being able to be yourself will allow you to grow into the person you need to be, which makes for the perfect college experience.

The best thing about being a student at Northwestern is that it has something to appeal to everyone. If the student likes quiet time to study, there are great locations for that , as well as, places for students who really enjoy being involved. There is no pressure to do something or be something, aside from just being you. It is a great place for transitioning into an adult, while still having a fun educational experience.

Andrew

Visit the campus, give many places a chance and don't worry about money. In the end loans will be worth the experience of being at a college where you make life-long friends and have a sense of comradarie.

Many of the facilities are run down, old and not taken well care of.

We have great sports teams, an amazing music program (Instrumental & Vocal) and wonderful performing arts such as theatre and musical theatre and dance.

rachel

The advice that I give to parents and/ or students about finding the right college and making the most out of it is don't hold anything back. Don't let someone tell you that you can't do something. All my life I have been down graded for who I am, a gay. Being told that I can never become something is what is pushing me farther than ever. I was recently kicked out of my house and told to pay for college by myself. Living on my own is not easy but because people tell me I can't, I have made a promise to myself to prove everyone wrong and say I can and I will. I am now a sophmore in college holding a job and taking classes full time. Also another big key don't ever give up, and get involved on campus. It is the easiest way to make new friends and become well known with professors. Don't get mixed up in drugs or alcohol, they just make the path to sucess harder on yourself, not others. Your drinking buddies won't care if you are failing or not. Good Luck!

The best thing about my school is the school spirit and how everyone is very welcoming. There is always something to do on campus not involving alcohol and having a dry campus makes being focused on grades a lot easier.

Most frustrating thing about school is being accepted for who you are and what you do and not categorized for who you are.

Gregory

my school is a very exciting school to learn at because of the friends and professors you will meet.

my classmates are very helpful and friendly all the time.

i suggest that parents should talk to there children to find out what they would like to do in life. when the parents find out what there child wants to do you find 5 schools that your child would like to attend, but make sure that the child is happy with the decision.

Jamie

Pick a college that has a good reputation for the field you are going into. Learning opportunities are so important.

It caters to non-traditional students. If you have a family/children and are attending school, NSU is a great university. They have on-campus housing for married couples or mothers with children. The teachers are extremely understanding and helpful.

Sometimes dealing with financial aid and the business department can be a nightmare. They are always losing things. I had to have my transcript sent 5 times.

Northwestern State University of Louisiana administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.