Natchitoches, LA
Northwestern State University of Louisiana

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwestern State University of Louisiana

Siji

I would tell myself to try as hard as I can to get many scholarships because paying for college is a heavy burden especially if you do not know where you are going to get the money to do so. I would tell my self to do the best that I can on my ACT so that I can have someone pay for my schooling. I would tell myself what I tell myself now and that is to never give up because blessings will always come my way!

Someone who is a city person should not attend this school because there is not much to do here and the school is located in a very rural environment.

La

Northwestern State University is exciting, open and a good college for those who do not like crowed universities.

Northwestern State was the first college I considered, but after browsing I did find others. The one unique quality I found the most interesting was the emphasis on sports at this college.

If I were to go back in time with the knowledge I have gained from the one and half years at Northwestern State University, I would simply advise myself to take more classes, step out of my comfort zone and try alot harder to make a 4.0 gpa.

LaQuella

If I could go back as a high school senior and talk to myself, I would tell myself to apply for every scholarship that is available to me and do not be afraid of rejection. I would have more confidence in myself and believe that i can accomplish anything. I would take every piece of advice that a teacher has for me about my studies and how to manage my time. I would start learning how to budget and save as much money as possible. Being an only child is hard, so I would try to spend more time away from my parents to learn independence, because being so far away can be hard to deal with sometimes. The most important thing that I would warn myself about is to take my time growing up, and do not rush my high school experience, because it is by far the best year of high school.

Before I came to college I wish I had known more about how expensive it would be to attend. In high school everyone on staff warns you to get as much money as possible for school. I was one of those students who thought I had everything figured out and I did not need any help. If I could go back to my high school and give important advice to graduating seniors and juniors, I would let them know how hard it is to focus on your studies when you have lots of money to be paid without any income.

I absolutely love my school, but the hardest thing for me is the first couple of weeks. During the first couple of weeks I am required to have all of my books for classes. Financial Aid is great to have, but it does not come close to covering all of my expenses. Every semester, at the beginning of school, I try to find a way to earn money to afford my books and other supplies that is needed for my attendance ant Northwestern State University. I cannot complain academically about my school, because the professors are always there when needed.

Assuming that I, Megan McDaniel could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there would be plenty of advice to give myself. As a high school senior, i often wondered what college would be like. Would I get to college and decide that it is not for me? Would i choose the wrong friends ? Will I be able to discipline myself and conduct myself according to the values that I grew up with? Most importantly I was worried that i would fail. All of these questions made me nervous . "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure." I realized that the only thing i had to fear was fear itself. So if i could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say, "Megan, relax college is great. You have nothing to worry about. Continue to be yourself you will make great friends. Don't forget your values. Study as hard as you can but not too much that u over work yourself and go blank on the tests. Everything will be fine just relax."

Korisma

Majority of my assmates are very friendly and always willing to help if you need it.

First things first, have your financial aid in order. From personal experience, having loans and paying out of pocket is no fun. Not having your financial aid in order can affect you in so many ways including the prevention of not being able to schedule your classes for nect semester. I t is in your best interest to allow yourself time to work with your parents to get as much financial aid as possible. Another thing is staying in touch with your advisors and professors. They can help you in ways you wouldnt even imagine. Having a relationship with them can make your school career so much easier. It is very important to concentrate on all classes. Business the pleasure. In this case, school us your business. You don't want the money you spend on school to go to waste. All in all stay focused.

The most frusstrating thing about my school is there timing. Sometimes they tend to wait to late to notify the students on certain things.

Shatera

They are very dedicated in getting their education.

They are very dedicated in getting their education.

I would tell myself how important it is to get your education. I would also let myself know that you can have an education and you can have a life while your trying to get that education. You will need to stay on track when it comes to getting the required education for the field you would like to work in. Its going to be hard transitioning from high school life to college life, its going to be more demand and a lot of deadlines that your gonna have to meet all the time. I would also let myself know that its going to be hard, but I know with a little faith and determination that you will be able to achieve everything you want, but you will also get a quality education if you keep your eye on the prize.

I have not had any problems with my school so far, so for me everything is good and fine.

THEODOSIA

online bachelor of science degree-psychology , which is not really offered online @ typical accredited university.

I WOULD SAY DON'T STOP AN TAKE A LONG BREAK BETWEEN HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE. JUST TAKE THAT SUMMER BREAK AND START SCHOOL IMMEDIATELY THAT FALL. BECAUSE ONCE YOU TAKE A LONG BREAK YOU MAY NOT EVEN GO. ALSO SEE A CAREER COUNSELOR TO DISCUSS THE CAREER OF YOUR INTEREST SO THAT YOUR NOT WASTING TIME & MONEY. THEN FIND THE COLLEGE WHICH BEST SUITES THAT NEED. STAY FOCUSED AND DON'T GIVE UP WHEN IT GETS HARD.,IT SEEMED PRETTY MUCH EVERY CAREER OPPORTUNITY REQUIRED A BACHELOR DEGREE OR HIGHER. GETTING THAT PRETTY MUCH GIVES THE BEST CHANCE AT THE CAREER OF YOUR CHOICE.

no online tutoring available thru the my school.

Jonathan

My school consists of a campus that is both socially and intellectually inviting as well as a helpful faculty that wants to see every student succeed.

If I could say anything to myself in my senior year of high school, I would say that everything changes in college. Although the atmosphere of my classes in college is very similar to the one of my high school classes, which consisted of very small classes and deep discussions, no one is there to make sure that your work gets done. You have to take the reigns of your life and steer it in a direction of self-control. Things will turn out well no matter what, but the transition is a lot easier when you are able to take care of yourself. I know you can do it, so even when things seem to be at their worst, don't worry about it, because everything will turn out fine. You must continue to work hard in high school as you always have and continue to excel in all that you do. Life is going to move on with or without you, so just enjoy the ride while it lasts.

I brag about all of the opportunities I recieve by being able to attend such a great school. Also, I brag about the intellectual stimulation that I receieve in each and every one of my classes.

Kristin

nice place faculty varies, teacher to student ratio is awesome!

nice place faculty varies, teacher to student ratio is awesome!

Do not switch schools your senior year. If you just stick out that last semester you will have your school paid for!...

Brandi

I would say that I need to do exactly the smae things except not to listen to the emergency weather alerts and go to class for the history exam, so I don't almost fail the class and have to take a makeup over the summer. I would tell myself that everything is great in college, but that I will be low on money and become a poor college student, but that i still have fun, love the school, and meet great friends!!!

Someone who wants to learn in classrooms and spend time outside the classroom doing homework after class then go to a party or social event at night.

Someone who just wants to party all the time and never do any work.

Northwestern State University of Louisiana administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.