West Palm Beach, FL
Northwood University-Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwood University-Florida

Ashlyn

Out of my college exeperience so far I have got the chance to interact with the students who are from all parts of the world and I get learn about their culture and language. I have gotten to experience a school that was built between a natural lake. So the scenary is absolutely gorgeous. Finally, at Northwood University I got a chance to really get the hang of college life and not be as stressed as I would've be attending a larger university. This universtiy is so close knit that you really get a chance to get to know so many people very quickly. It was a great choice for me because I don't feel like an outcast in a student thousands, but someone who is welcomed to the Northwood University family.

The type of person that should attend Northwood University should be interested in Business. This is a school for someone who wants a smaller university where it is easy to get in touch with his/her professors. Someone who doesn't just want to be a number in a big school. But an individual who all of the professors know your name and making friendships that will last a lifetime.

How great some of the professors are and how I can have one-on-one time with each of them if I have a problem.

Nathan

I am interested in business marketing and sales at any level. I have a strong passion for presenting and selling a product or theme. I think what makes me a great college student is that I stay focused on my studies while working 30 plus hours a week to help pay for my college education. I am a very hard and dedicated worker who puts their all in any project I perform. I am currently entering my senior year and have an internship with ESPN 760 the radio station. The main valuable that I have gotten from college is talking to people and networking. Networking is very important to obtain a job.

the students. Northwood has a small but strong student environment. The students lend help towards each other to succeed.

I've recieved a lot of things from my college experience, but one thing that really stands out to me is the level of preparation that I am receiving as a result of my studies here. I am confident that I will be more than capable of finding a good, reputable job after I graduate and obtain my degree here at this University. And not only am I receiving this quality education, but I am having a fulfilling college experience as well. From the events on campus, to the extra-curriculars that you can become apart of, I am very satisfied with my overall experience thus far. I would like to continue my tenure here at this University, and the aquisition of this scholarship would be a step in the right direction. I am thoroughly enjoying the quality education and the social aspects of college life, and it holds great value to me and my family.

There are not any bad qualities that I can ascertain right now

Nothing really stands out as overly frustrating.

Ever since mom and dad divorced when I was 10, mom and I have always been close. My advise to myself as a senior would be to listen to everything mom had to say and learn from her experiences. I never knew how difficult being away from home would be until I moved 4 hours away. It was a very emotional time for me, but I matured and became independent and strong.

How hard it would be adjusting to living on my own and being away from my family.

Dana

There are many international students that attend Northwood. The student population is almost 50/50. Northwood is a well known school in S. Florida. Great networking on and off campus. There is always something to do either on or off campus.

Parents: let your kids go where they want, even if it's far away. I found that I matured more than my friends who stayed home and went to college. Kids: go far away to school, you will learn quicker and it will be more beneficial. Live on campus for at least your freshman year, that is when you will meet the most people and possibly your life long friends.

The food is horrible. But really I think that goes with a majority of schools. Just have to get used to the fact that it's not Mom's cooking.

My first advice would be ask yourself questions such as, what kind of environment do you want to live in? What kind of experience are you looking for? Do you want to go to a large school or a small school? Secondly visit different collages, so you can see and feel how well that collage fulfill your needs. College will be there you will gain more knowledge than anywhere else; you will gain intellectual knowledge and also individual knowledge. You will realize the importance of a microwave and how useful it can be and also realize you mother is a great cook. My best advice would be to enjoy the little things about college, many college students tempt to not give much significance for small moments but those moments will be the ones you will tell your kids and grandkids about, moments such as the night that everyone got excited because there was a tornado alert and instead of staying inside everyone went out and played in the rain like little kids. Silly moment but those are the moments you will miss over summer break realize that those are also the moments that make the college experience.

Professors, they care about their students

At Northwood most of the majors are dual majors.

lavinia

Speaking from personal experience when you try to find the right college make sure you like the surrounding, the people that you see that atttend the school, and last but not least make sure it feels good for you not for your parents or anyone else. Enjoy your college years because they go by fast.

any kind of person can attend this school

christopher

My classmates are very friendly and focused.

My classmates are very friendly and focused.

The best advice I can offer any student or parent is to consider what you want from your college experience in regards of location, student living, programs offered, and general cost. Your best bet is to talk with friends, family or anyone else who is currently working in the career field that you want to pursue. Pick their brain, ask questions, and find out which college or University they had attended. Consider all your options, look at many different schools as their are many wonderful options to choose from. Every school has it's strenghts and weakness. I would strongly advise taking tours of the campuses in which your choosing to attend. Remember to take you're time and consider all your options.

Somebody who is unmotivated and unwillingto learn shouldn't attend this school.

Travis

Relatively small classes allow each student's personal views and opinions to be addressed and discussed openely with the course professor. I was also impressed with how often we were introduced to real people involved in the industry in which we were studying. The people we met and the businesses we visited were always pleased to have Northwood students interviewing them and touring their facilites. I feel that the insight and information that we received from these individuals about their real life experiences and endevours holds a great value in regards to my education.

As I am nearing graduation from Northwood University I can confidently say that I have learned a great deal about myself. Over the past four years I have conquered unbeatable odds, made good decisions as well as bad decisions, made friends which will last a lifetime, and lost a couple on the way. Looking back on my past experiences the best advice that I can give to any college prospect is to know who you are, where you are from, and where you are going and to not let anyone take that away from you. It is important to plan for the future and stay close to your chosen path while still experiencing all of the wonders that the world and college life has to offer. At times it may seem as if life's obstacles are overwhelming, but be grateful for what you have and have already achieved and be sure to stay optimistic because in the end all of your hard work will pay off.

I would have to say that the most frustrating thing about Northwood University was waiting in line at the front gate every time I entered the campus for classes regardless if the gate keeper knew me or not. I am aware that this measure is necessary for my safety and the other students enrolled, but when they see you leave and come back ten minutes later a friendly wave should be all that is necessary to re-enter the campus.

Northwood University-Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.