Northwood University-Florida

« See more reviews of Northwood University-Florida

College life will be a challenging and very important paradigm shift in your life. You will gain a lot of knowledge which will be applied to not only your everyday life but to the career path that you choose to follow. During this transition to learning about your chosen career path, you will learn a lot about yourself and it is important to listen to your heart in order to stay on track with your goals and exceed your limitations by applying knowledge you enjoy. Above all, and most importantly--never give up!

The advice i would have gave myself was to pay more attention in highschool and dont take my work or my opportunities i had playing for sports for granted. I would have told myself to stay so much more organized especially being by yourself on campus. Everything revolves around yourself and your the person that has to get the things done now. Parents arent there to help you anymore, so I would have to myself to start being independent back before i graduated.

Ever since mom and dad divorced when I was 10, mom and I have always been close. My advise to myself as a senior would be to listen to everything mom had to say and learn from her experiences. I never knew how difficult being away from home would be until I moved 4 hours away. It was a very emotional time for me, but I matured and became independent and strong.

The advice i would give myself woud be to fill out as many scholarships as possible. i would tell myself to get a part time job to get some extra money and also to score high on my act exams. i would get a mentor to help me out with the transition from highschool life to college life, and to help me through my first few years of college life and being on my own.

Parents: let your kids go where they want, even if it's far away. I found that I matured more than my friends who stayed home and went to college. Kids: go far away to school, you will learn quicker and it will be more beneficial. Live on campus for at least your freshman year, that is when you will meet the most people and possibly your life long friends.

Speaking from personal experience when you try to find the right college make sure you like the surrounding, the people that you see that atttend the school, and last but not least make sure it feels good for you not for your parents or anyone else. Enjoy your college years because they go by fast.

Go with what feels right, and if those feeling change, change schools.