Cedar Hill, TX
Northwood University-Texas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwood University-Texas

Nathan

Northwood University is best known for its shaping of business leaders. Norhwood's mission is to develop great leaders of our free market and build the minds of young business men and women. It is a very prestigues business school and has a great job placement rate of 98%.

Half way through my first year in college I sit back and wonder what things could be if I had the knowledge I have now when I was in high school. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to listen to my parents and start searching for school and money a lot sooner. I would tell myself to take every chance you get to apply for scholarships and study. Many kids had a lot of time in school to search for scholarships and I really didn?t know where to look and was embarrassed. This made me not want to ask anyone for help. I would tell myself to go to the counselor?s office every chance you get to ass for advice because they are resources put here for our disposal. I would show myself the importance of school and starting early searching for scholarships.

At Northwood University there really isn't many extra activities besides class. Also school involvment is low and many students are strictly about school. I wish I would have also known that there were no intermuaral sports.

Bayleigh

If I had the opportunity to go back in time to my senior year, I would tell myself it will be tuff within the next year. Specifically financial needs. I would tell myself to save every penny for college because I will struggle to make ends meet. Giving up would never be an option and I would fight to achieve the best that I could be. I would tell myself to pray and trust in god to help get me through all the ruff times I would face in the near future. Not everything will be handed to me. I would have to grow up and figure things out for myself to become independent.

Kaylee

I would definitely tell myself the importance of building relationships with your professors. Until you start applying to graduate schools or thinking about applying, you don't realize how important those relationships are. I wish I had stronger relationships with many of my prfessors, not only for better letters of reccomendation but also for better mentoring on what paths to follow and what school programs to look at. A second piece of advice I would give myself would be to get involved in research sooner. I'm a research assistant for two different research studies and I wish I had started at least sophomore year. It helps you understand the research better as well as making you feel more involved in what type of research data is actually being collected at your school. The research is interesting and actually fun to be a part of.

Once a coug, always a coug. There is so much school spirit here at WSU you cannot help but love this school. Even at home when you see someone wearing a WSU t shirt you can't help but yell "Go Cougs!" Having this shared deep school spirit makes it easier to network in the job market as well.

Marissa

I would tell myself to go straight into the university as opposed to starting at a community college because transfering is so difficult. I would also tell myself to learn to read ahead of time because in the university you must be able to be prepared for class. Reading and taking notes is a great part of being prepared for class.

The best thing about my school would be that the classes are so small and comfortable. Teachers encourage participation and it can occur since there are such few students that all of us get a chance to get help from the teacher from the class. The atmosphere in the classes is wonderful and I get to see almost the same people in all my classes which is reassuring.

Anyone who would like a small class and get to interact with students at the school easier. It is like a small town if you go to class eventually you will know everyone in the school or at least most of the people.

Justin

Visit more then one college and make sure to talk to professors that are in the major you plan on being in. Get to know the professors very well to know if they will be the right fit for the teaching style you learn the best with.

Class size. Very small classes (20-25 students) so there is alot of attention by the teachers.

A person who plans on dedicating themselves to learning every aspect of the business world. If you aren't, then this school is not right for you.

Morgan

Success orientied and very driven to complete assignments and recieve good grades.

To any student in the process of choosing the right college, make sure that you choose a field of study that you truly enjoy and want to learn much more about. Don't go somewhere soley becuase of its credibility, or because of pressure from other people. Being in an environment where are you comfortableand happy is one of the biggest factors in your success during the following 4 years.

I think the worst thing about Northwood Univeristy is how small it is. It would be much more engaging and a more exciting campus life if there was a larger sense of community and more students.

• $0

Northwood University-Texas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.