Norwalk Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Norwalk Community College

Aimee

Your opinion on this school will definitely vary based on the kind of person you are. I came from a large high school, was a varsity athlete, and a social person. Finding friends at NCC is difficult, we don't have dorm rooms or halls to be "forced" to meet people, and the age of people is very different in classes; although most of the students are very nice, its hard for a 19 year old to befriend a 40 year old in their class. Athletics are not a thing, we don't have club or intramural sports other than the dance club which is extremely disappointing, I think that my experience here would dramatically increase if we did. The teachers are awesome for the most part, as many also teach at other accredited institutions. Tutoring services are available, but the library has horrible hours. Most colleges wont accept some of the credits earned at NCC, so transferring is difficult. Norwalk Community College is a good place to start, but if you can go away, definitely do so.

Audrey

I wish it was a 4 year!!

Tatiana

It's a great school in general to get your associate's. Staff is very kind for the most part and they try their best to help students fulfill their academic needs. Students really do care about their studies, and the counselors are amazing and always looking out for the students. There's many clubs to join and every semester, there may be new ones to expand interest.

karolina

I love Norwalk Community College! Not being able to attend a 4 year college like many of my peers because of financial situations NCC gave me a chance to pursue my nursing career and be able to afford it. The nursing program at NCC is amazing and being done with my first year I have learned so much and I know that during my second year I will learn even more and I will leave the program feeling confident and ready to take on my next steps in my nursing career.

Jeremy

It's just another community college that's very small. I'm just there to go through the vet tech program and then transfer to another college. The campus is small and there are only two buildings that have all the classes, eating areas, and other college services.

Account

NCC is an okay school. It is a great way to increase your GPA and get a degree to fall back on before you transfer. Sometimes with a bit of research, you get a really cool professor that really cares and is willing to do whatever in their power for you to succeed. There are cons such as expensive food, lack of school spirit, bad school communication and the school rarely acknowledges a students achievements.

Rachael

Their physical therapy assistant program is horrible. They claim they set people up for success but fail half of their students to look good to maintain their passing rate on the boards exam. The less people they have taking the test the higher the chance that they will be able to keep that 100% passing rating. You know something is wrong when 50% of your students don't end up completing your program. That's not setting up many people for success. Starting this program is a waste of time especially since there are only two teachers for both of the classes, who are too busy to spend time helping you. I strongly recommend the other programs in the state if you want to be given the opportunity to become a physical therapy assistant.

Norwalk Community is a must for first time college students get a easier start by admitting but I do believe that there are things that need to change that I would love to see. NCC should provide more interesting academic programs (degrees and certificate programs)

G

All in all, I would say to skip this school if you have the opportunity. Unless you're given the opportunity to take a semester here to take out some general courses by the four year school that accepted you, don't think about this school as anything but a last chance. Not a single school has a guaranteed transfer agreement, so you're on the hook of convincing a school to allow you to transfer. The social life here is absolutely dreadful, and the majority of professors are badly disogranized, do not respect their own start and end times, and have incosistent backwards ways of attendance taking, which usually works against you. However, if this IS your last ditch chance school, it will be the best institution for learning the life skills needed to succeed in life, and in a four year. At the same time, it is the last place you'd want to go if you already have these aforementioned life skills.

Gustavo

NCC is the place that help me believe in myself and want to continue studying, pursuing a health-related career, wanting to teach in the future. It is the place where I got to participate and be actively involved in the student government and similar school activities. NCC is also the pace where I made valuable connections with educators and alike, which with whom I continue to have a good personal and professional relationship. NCC changed my life in many ways. I am grateful I made the decision to attend this school.

It’s a really great college