Northfield, VT
Norwich University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Norwich University

Jordan

Norwich has a wonderful tradition and a great military past. Business wise, the Development Department is falling apart and the school is well on its way to being a sinking ship. The leadership at the top is dishonest. Dave Whaley (Vice President of Development) and Paul Bova (Assistant VP Development) are pathological. They can look you square in the eye, smile in your face and stab you in the back. Paul Bova is this fat old guy and he makes passes at girls half his age...freaks some people out. The President, GEN Schneider, is absolutely oblivious to the idiocy going on underneath him. It is almost as though he is senile. He knows the language of money but when it boils down to integrity and hiring the right people, his head is in the clouds. He only knows how to beg for money...it's his only function.

The students body, for the most part, is very cordial and nice. Some of them are socially maladjusted. This school is not for everybody. Firstly, you need to be a gregarious type of person. If you can easily get along with a bunch of people, make friends and organize clubs, you're right for Norwich. The school wants leaders. The student that succeeds the most at Norwich, is the type of student that not only shows leadership skills, but also goes the extra mile. Bringing a cup of coffee to a commandant, going for a jog with a colonel, giving a gift to an administrator, donating to the school, mowing a colonel's lawn, etc...such things will surely get you a leadership position at Norwich University.

I spent a big part of my life at Norwich. I was a member of their Corps of Cadets, attended their graduate school and eventually worked their as an employee. I've moved on to bigger and better things, but I'll say thing. The school of graduate studies is the best part of the University. The graduate programs are top notch. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the undergraduate side or the administration. They are the most dishonest, underhanded and unprofessional people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I am ashamed to have placed so much stock in Norwich. I only wish I could go back and decide to go to another school.

Somewhat but not quite. While not many people have heard of Norwich and most people do initially think it is in CT, the student body is good. The students are generally cordial and fun to talk to. There are some tools and "tight-asses", but that comes with every military school. Overall, the students are great!

Norwich continues to accept new students but the professors are paid to have 13 students per professor. Now, there are 30 students or more per class. The professors asked for a raise, but the administration and President Schneider told them to stick it. As as result, the professors purchase the worst academic materials and deliver the content in a manner that is most likely to make students fail. The goal of many professors is for students to fail (not to hurt the students) but to "stick it" to the school for not giving them a raise for having more students. Overall, some of the professors are really great guys and truly care about their students, but many of them harbor an "us vs them" mentality against the school administration and many students end up becoming the fodder.

Norwich has very little social life. Mostly work with very little play. They do have a small pub on campus but it is a dry campus overall. If you're caught drinking outside the pub, you will get suspended from the school. If you get drunk at the pub, you'll get suspended if you're seen stumbling outside of the pub...it's a catch 22. The most popular athletic events are hockey and football games. We usually lose the football games. The football team usually loses...the hockey team usually wins. The school doesn't allow fraternities or sororities...but the school does have a Corps of Cadets which is, in many ways, similar to a fraternity or sorority. There is no night life. There is no dating scene. There are no clubs. There is one bar about a mile and a half down the road called "The Rustic". It's a nice place, but the locals in there are a little freaky.

Narrow-minded, ignorant, jar heads, tight-asses, not really well known, "you guys in Connecticut?" etc.

Tyrell

I have recieved a great education and a good since of leadership. people are scared to go to military colleges, but I look at it as a great opportunity. My school is preparing me to be a good leader in the United States Military and in the work place,

Someone who is looking forward to do a lot of partying in college should not attend Norwich.

Cristi

Well it has given me the oppurtunity to learn more about different aspects of careers that I had never considered. It has broadened my sight of the world, education and cultures of people.

Ciara

I have gotten a lot out of my college experiances thus far. The leadership qualities that I have learned as well as the self motivation I have achieved since coming to Norwich have made me an all around better person. It is important to realize that college is not easy. There are times when you feel like giving up and going home but the thing we go through on a daily get us ready for the real world. College is the first stepping stone to the rest of your life after high school.

We have a civilian and corp life style. It makes us have to strive to achive because we have a lot of compatition with students who are trying to go into the military. It also helps students from the school become great leaders. Our school has a lot of resources that will help along the way to academic success as well as clubs and sports that will lead the way to being very well rounded.

The most frustrating thing about the school is the fact that a lot of students are rooks. So they cannot talk to anyone for a few weeks at the beginning of the year, unless they are in class or an academic setting. Living with people training to be in the military can get hard sometimes but for the most part it is not bad.

Karra

Norwich University is academically rigorous, militarily focused, undergraduate focused with small class sizes and supportive faculty who either have doctoral degrees, are pursuing their doctorate, or have years of experience in their field, in the middle of nowhere and cold.

Norwich taught me alot about myself. It was at Norwich that I realized that men and women were beautiful. That while I love the knowledge that being an engineer requires, being a practicing engineer is not for me. That I'd much rather be a teacher of math and physics. While I'll always honor and respect our active duty military, it is not the right lifestyle for me. I met some people that will be life-long friends. Sometimes smart isn't a number. I met some absolutely brillant people who could not pass a physics or math test to save their life. Those people made me realize that it's small victories that matter, and there is no better feeling than you help someone acheive that little goal they set.

The best thing about Norwich is the small class sizes. Along with the small class sizes comes the caring faculty and the fact that you are a name and person with your story to tell and not a number and a grade. The faculty are usually always in their offices when not in class and don't mind if all you are doing is dropping in for a chat.

Corey

Norwich University is geared towards teaching the students the value of leadership and education and how to blend the two together to be a better person. In one year at Norwich University I have learned more about myself that I have in the past 18 years of my life. I learned my strengths and how to use them to best improve yourself. More importantly Norwich has showed me my weaknesses and instead of making them my downfall, made them my focus. By bringing them into focus it allowed me to work on my weaknesses and improve myself. Our school has a unique connection that exists between fellow students and alumni. The greatess thing about Norwich is that you always have family no matter where you are.

Yvonne

I will start trade school at CHI Institue in July of 2010. I hope to learn the skills to exspand my work experience in the Health organization. To better serve people and there needs. So I can become a proficent worker in this line of work.

Christine

I have gotten a sense of responsibility and loyalty as well as a strong education. All these are valuable to me because they make me a better and stronger person.

The sense of community.

The school that I am currently attending is Triton Community College. Most people would believe that going to a community college would be the equivalent of going to a bigger high school. In some ways it is was, because there are no dorms, the campus is smaller, and you run into lots of people that you went to high school with. Even though the school had some what of a high school enviornment I stilled look at the school like I would any other college. Being at this school made me realize that I was growing up and needed to be more independent. The professors treat you like and adult and do not baby you when you miss a class or an assignment. I learned that in the real world you have to be responsible for yourself. There are always going to peole there to help, like my college professors, but ultimatly it was my responsibility to take put forth major effort to do well in school. Being at this school provided me with the push I needed to become more independent, and the skills I learned will be put to use at the university I choose to finish school.

Jasmine

I have learned to be more responsible and to not procrastinate. I have had to step out of my comfort zone and explore a world that I am unfamilliar with. Making friends and being more social instead of having intravert tendencies. The most valuale aspect of college is growing up and becomming an adult. I have had to do things on my own and step up to become the adult that I was destined to be. Being dropped into a pool of sharks makes you learn quick and learn how to servive and that prepares us for the work force and the world we must enter after college.

Norwich University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.