Notre Dame de Namur University Top Questions

Diviana

Scholarships, jobs, independence, majors, and relaxation. These are the subjects I want to focus on with you. You have never even thought about most of these. Start to look for scholarships because you cannot rely on your mother. Your family will face a difficult time financially so scholarships and getting a job can be helpful in paying for your tuition. Besides that, make sure to stop relying on your friend. She will not be there for you all the time and you have to be more independent but do not be afraid to ask for help when you are stuck. Right now you are only focused on theatre and are considering history as a second major. Take more time to think about your majors. Do not feel pressured to pick something others suggest but think about the career options you will have and pick one that you will enjoy in the future. Last piece of advice: Have fun and enjoy yourself when you get breaks. There will be rare moments when you get a break so enjoy it and stop thinking about the work you have to do. That time is just for you to relax.

Daphne

My advice to my high school self would be that it’s okay not to know what you want your career to be. Go to community college to explore your options and to change your mind a thousand times. At first it may be confusing and frustrating but you’ll find your passion soon enough and excel at it. Just continue to work on your school work and be happy where you are. All of the hard work will pay off soon and you’ll be whisked away to your dream university to find the most amazing friends and experiences waiting to happen. College is a scary experience at first, but you’ll soon find out that its also one of the best journeys you’ll ever have. You may not believe all of the luck that you will be gifted, but make sure that you enjoy every second of it. You've earned your future and I want you to know that once you’re handed your high school diploma, the ride of your life is just beginning. It may be slow at first, but you are enjoying the rush now. So hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

Maida

Hey, Maida! I've got some advice to give you about college life! You're not much of a worrier, but I'm here to let you know that, while the work in college may not be as difficult as others make it out to be, it's still going to take a lot of time and effort out of your day. Make sure to stay on task, and try not to get so lazy. Also, the classes do require some discussion. You might want to work on your public speaking. Don't worry so much about what others might think about your opinion. Most of the time, your views are worth sharing. The first month will be a little lonely for you since you're so shy, but try to get out there and meet some people. All it takes is one good friend to introduce you to your possibly lifelong buddies! The social aspect is often the part that people worry about most, but you'll have plenty of time to do your work and have fun as well. Oh, and a little spoiler alert for you, you're actually pretty popular! So try to appreciate yourself more.

Marcelina

If I could go back, I would tell myself to never give up. Now that I am in college, I regret not doing my best during my first semester. I would tell myself that in order to become successful I have to start from the bottom and I will struggle, but I will eventually get to the top. Knowing what I know now, I would motivate myself to apply for many scholarships, and get a job so I could help my parents with my tuition. Moving out of my house into a college dorm seemed amazing since I would not be with my parents and I would have freedom. In reality, it's difficult not having my mom there to motivate me everyday to go to class and do my work. If I could go back I would of listened to my mom when she would talk to me about doing good and becoming successful. There is so much I would do differently to better my college experience and become successful, but now all I can do is do better than the past and keep moving forward.

Veronica

In a few months, it will be a year since I graduated from high school, and I am glad to say that college is going well; however, there are several things that I would like to tell myself, if I could go back in time. First, I would tell myself that going to college is the best decision that I have ever taken because I have made great friends, and learned so much. Although, high school prepares you for college, it is okay to have some fun with friends once in a while; instead of spending everyday studying like crazy just to get into a good college. This is because I feel like I didn’t get to experience high school in all its aspects. Yes college is exciting, but now that I am both working and studying, I feel like there just isn’t any time for fun in my agenda, without falling behind in school. Therefore, the main thing that I would tell myself is to learn to manage time efficiently, in order to have the whole college experience, which is to get good grades while still being able to have some fun.

Emina

Dear Emina, I would advise you to learn how to read hard texts, and study. Biology is something that you have to do first because of your major, and you should review it a little bit more, and do better in it. You should also take more AP classes to help with credits that you could get transferred. College is a wonderful time, but time management is essential. Working on homework, and balancing friends can sometimes be a challenge, but you just have to know when, something is a priority. Stick to being friends with good influences, and it will be all wonderful. Love, The future you! :*

Susan

On a campus as small as this, it is exceedingly important to get to know whoever you can, and stick close to those who you know will always be there for you. Freshman year is always full of drama--be cautious not to cling to the first group you befriend; chances are that they will not end up being your main group of friends. Spread out because comfort is not the right place to be when making friends--you never know, you might find something much better than what you have now. The risks that you take to get involved in something you've never done before are worth your time and money. You will find life-lasting friendships, but they won't be standing in your room, they'll be outside the residence hall in the or club event. There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of because there is someone on that campus who has the same fear, hopes, dreams, wishes, and desires as you. Find that person, and you'll find more than just one who can connect with you. Lastly, be fearless. College is a one-time deal, and you cannot waste it sitting down.

Kia

The best advice i could give to myself, as a High School Senior, is to take it easy and to be yourself. It is difficult to up and move to an unusal place that you are not use to, especially to live. People are different, the enviroment, and everything else around you. However, this transition also helps you to grow as a person; to help you find out who you are, where you want to be, and what is truly important in life. It is the experiences in college that helps a person become a doctor, lawyer, artist, or movie star in the future. You shouldnt stress about what could happen 10 or 12 years from now, but rather live in the moment. Carpe Diem. Everthing happens day-by-day and it is our decisions, whether it be good or bad, that helps shape our lives. It all happens for a reason, so dont take it for granted.

Adan

My advice to myself would be to take one step at a time. Don't be in a rush to do everything you haven't been able to do while living at home. Knowing that the only authority in your life in college is yourself, it makes it difficult to stay on task. Having all the free time doesn't mean you don't have to study. It means to allocate your time wisely. College is 90{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} time managment & 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} fun. Good luck and stay positive.

steven

Pace yourself! Be ready to pace yourself because you don't have to rush and you can take time to enjoy the experience of college life as well as classes. It is also important to maintain a sense of focus. For example, in making choices related to your major you may start to notice, down the line, that you are the one steering the ship, taking charge of your future. Be assertive in finding people to help you reach your goals and plan your career. There can be an intricate balance between the nagging wisdom of your parents, the lure of the opposite sex, and developing your own tuition. The three forces acting on you at once can cause you to pull your hair out at times. Take time to master the basics of independence, like cooking and cleaning up after yourself. If you need to, take less units at one time and be part of a club, do a hobby, or play sports alongside your academics if that is what you want. Soak in the wisdom of the people around you trying to help and try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

Hilary

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to keep in touch with all my highschool friends even through out my first college year. Being so busy with making new friends, new classes and other school activities is not an excuse to exclude yourself from your old life. You're high school friends are the people you grew up with, they are your family. Ypu wouldn't stop keeping in touch with your immediate family would you? Well your high school friends are your second family. They were there for you when you needed to talk to someone when you coulnd't go to your mom or brothers. They know all your secrets, all your accomplishments. They were there to encourage you to keep going when you felt like your life fell apart. They were there for you when you thought no one else was. They are your family. I would also tell myself to write in a journal. When I would become homesick, I would have something to read and remind me of all the greats times and memories I had with everyone that I love.

DANIELLE

I would tell myself how difficult it is to get back into school once you start, how difficult it is to do it while working and raising a child. That it is best to do it before you have so many other stressors. Also, that the more financial help you can get from grants and scholarships the better and you cant do that without finishing high school and doing well in it. Otherwise you will be in debt for a long time from student loans worrying about paying them off and having enough to pay for your degree.

Chalese

I have gotten so much out of my college experience so far, I have experienced a lot of crazy all nighters for a mid term or final or test the next day. Being here has taught me time managment is very important and essential. I say this because being in college you still want to experience the night life and join clubs but you also have the demands of classes and homework, internships, and working. Without a planer and motivation you would definitely fall short. My first semester was good and I think I balanced everything well but, there is always room for improvement and that is what I'm doing for my second semester. College has been valuable because living on dorms is another whole life, you are independent and everything is your choice. You sometimes have to make that grown up decison to call it a night or make yourself study. In my opinion it is very worth it to live on campus and it is an experience nobody should miss out on.

My college experience has been one that allowed me to explore areas I never would've ventured into at another school. I have truly been able to study my major in depth, but with enough breadth across the disciplines that I've received a well-rounded liberal arts education. I also think that our required internship periods have provided me with 3 years of real-world experience. It feels great to be graduating college with a resume. I have interacted with professionals and will feel confident when I leave school and apply for jobs. At the same time, I love that when school is in session, the focus of the learning is just that - on learning, and not on finding a career. It's a good balance.

As a first generation College student, there was little guidance from family in what direction to take after High School. It was an intimidating idea to apply for school after graduation and confusing not knowing what resources were available to me. Certain that I wanted a less challenging future compared to what my mother had created for herself as a single parent, I knew I needed to apply somewhere, somehow. After obtaining my AA at the local community college, I decided to attend NDNU and this was the first step in gaining a sense of independence, confidence and faith in what I was capable of doing. What I got out of my college experience was reinforced self esteem. The college experience I gained has been valuable because I have no question in my mind that my personal success and advancement in any professional field is in my own hands. The crucial decision I made in applying for an undergraduate degree is going to allow me to provide for myself a standard of living much better than the one I was provided as a child; And knowing that, is success enough for me.

HUIYAN

I LOVE TO WORK OUTSIDE OF THE SCHOOL, BECAUSE I CAN EARN MORE SOCIAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE.

Attending college has been a completely new and different experience for me and it has definitely opened my eyes to a world that I was not sure existed. I came to college as a sheltered young girl who always had mom and dad by my side whenever I needed them. I was not independent whatsoever and it was kind of hard to live away from the comforts of my home and my family. Since being here, I have learned how to be independent and do things for myself. I have come out of my shell and become more sociable with others which has helped me to meet new people and make many new friends. I now finally understand what it means to be responsible and why it is so important to master this quality in order to become a successful member of society. Attending college has given me an opportunity to grow up and discover the person that I am and the person that I want to be. I would not trade this growing exerience for anything else in the world.

I love people; I love my community. College has helped me find a beautiful goal, of curating for a science museum, in which I can enrich my community and myself at the same time. College has encouraged me to volunteer in my community, and to perform for my community, and to use these things as fuel for propelling my personal growth. I think it has worked, and I am thankful; college has inspired hope in me, for myself, and for my community, and for my place in it.

Trevor

Reaching my goal of getting a career and a glimpse into what I'll be doing as a profession. Getting up on early mornings, taking time away from my social life to sit down and get a better interpretation of my school work so I know I will succeed and with a better understanding my courses will be a lot easier. So learning to manage my time, be a hard worker, having strong motivation to succeed has been part of my college experience. To be attending college has been a very rewarding. Not only am I a first generation college student but to take classes that will provide a lot of knowledge to a career I'll have in the future; attending college is very valuable and a must in my life.

juanlechuga

I'm attending College of DuPage. Studying to be a police officer. My experiences that I've had so far through out my years in college, have been not so many. To start off, I have been learning about my career, what it takes to be a police officer. All my classes make me think "What am I suppose to do, to reach my goal?" My goal is when I graduate collage, is to be a police officer. I would and will do anything to succeed. Another of my experiences I've had is playing soccer during my first year of DuPage. Meeting new people, that have helped me through out the semesters. Wonderful teachers, that have the honor to help me as well. I'm thankful, for everyone who has been there for me. It's been valuable to attend because i doubt that in any other college that I would have attended, I wouldn't have gone as far as I am now. There's a chance that maybe it would have gone better. How I see it today, everything I have done has made me happy and has made me believe that i could achieve and succeed.

Mele

I have realized that college really is not the way how they portray it in the movies. It was always a fantasy of mines that, "Wow, college really looks like that... then I cant wait!" But in reality, college experience has really been a way for me to explore the world on my own. I mean college has been really valuable to me because you learn how it is to survive on your own and to make the right choices. I mean no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. It is also from those mistakes that we make in college that we learn from them to not repeat those mistakes again, but to make it better. Also I really got to learn about my strengths and weaknesses. It is from those actions that I really got to learn about myself and I how I react toward my surroundings and people I encounter in my life. I believe college is valuable to attend because the day you cross that stage and they hand you your diploma is the day you know that, "Yes, this what I want to do with the rest of my life and this is my passion."

NDNU has given me the structure and pressure to push myself to feats I never even deemed possible. The school has allowed me to not only express my creativity but as has also opened so many doors for charity and helping the less fortunate. The small student population allows for a lot of attention and help to be given to one student at a time. However, the best aspect of the school would be the beautiful campus and lush wilderness that surrounds it.

I am a 32 year old father of three with 12 years experience in the electronics industry. My prior career was chosen for me by the military when I was 18 and although I was a good technician, it was not a passion of mine. After serving six years in the Navy I came out and worked in the civilian sector for another six years. During this time I developed a passion for vegetable gardening and dreamed of a day when my backyard's view didn't include my neighbors stucco. I started reading hobby farm magazines and soon my tiny yard was tramsformed into a food producing machine. When the dream became so big I felt I needed to act, there was nowhere to turn but college. I remember laying it out for my counselor. "I want to be a farmer". I was surprised at the reaction that followed. It was one of excitement rather than the usual "but you have a good job". After our meeting I traded that good job for two part time gigs and a full load of credits. Two semester later and college has given me a fresh start and straight A's.

Cristina

Ive learned that living in a smaller university is an experience that has the both the good and the bad. Its a good experience because of the bond one makes wiht their profesors and know that they will always be there to answer your questions as well as easier acesses to tutoring than a big university. Even though my school only has a couple thousand students the on and off campus events are a great way to meet people from our schol and help build bonds wiht the people i already know. Our school encourages justice in the world and their involvement in the community proves so.

Naomi

Throught out my college experience, I have grown to know that person I am (my weakness and strengths). College trains young adults for the real world. My task in college is to challenge myself by using all the resources granted. I have learned to make wise decisions that will pave my future but learn from my mistakes and move forward. I'm currently a Junior and I can remember the the first day of college; excited to be away from home (No parents, no rules ).... Freedom thats all I thought of what I didn't know was to be free a person must have the knowledge. Notre Dame de Namur University opened its door so I can learn about the past and present while encouraging me to reach out to my community to make a difference which is a powerful thing.

As a transfer student coming from a large communtiy college, I feel so blessed to be part of a smaller community in which the teachers are passionate about their jobs and spend the extra time to build a relationship and take interest in their students. The classroom sizes are very small, which allows for time in the classroom to be well spent, and students to receive an overall better education. My counselor has been excellent about helping me choose the right classes that I will benefit from, as well as ones that follow my graduation plan. I feel like I belong to the NDNU community and feel if I ever had a problem at school that I have countless teachers and administrators I would feel comfortable approaching with my problem.

marie

So far in the last year, I've pushed myself to get my B.S. and in recent months pushed myself even harder to get my masters on top of that. I'm still working on discipline at school by attending for the full 4 hours each week.

The knowledge I have gained from college has been vast and diverse. Of course I have learned a lot about the specific course subjects I have taken, but the thing that's helped me most is learning how to deal with stress. College can be extremely stressful: assignments are constantly due, there is always assigned reading, there is always new material that needs to be fully understood. In each class I take I want to earn an A and fully understand what is being taught. With such high expectations it's easy to get stressed out. I have learned through the years that stress, anxiety and procrastination go hand in hand. I first get anxious about a test or a project because I’m unsure that I’ll be able to do a perfect job and earn an A, then I procrastinate because I am too scared to start, then I get stressed out because time is running out. To minimize stress I have learned that I need to: be organized, set personal deadlines, allocate time everyday for studying, be familiar with each teachers expectations and grading styles, and communicate to my teachers anything I am unsure or worried about.

The most important lesson I've received is becoming aware of my own ability to achieve far beyond what I had previously thought possible. I began in order to find a better job. I'm at the top of my class now and the potential is there for me to really make a difference in the world with what I'm learning and the skills I acquire. It's no longer a paycheck I'm after but seeking instead to change the world by showing others what is possible. My decision and accomplishments have inspired several others in my family to try harder and be more and expect more out of life and themselves and help them realize how much more to life there really is. I am going to be successful now without a doubt because I chose this step and committed myself to it. It has changed me into a person that sees fewer boundaries and more possibilities. I am more aware, better prepared, and less hesitant to act when I see the chance to do something worthwhile that could benefit another if only someone would do it. If noone else, then I will.

Giovanni

Out of my college experience , I have received a valuable education in all the classes I have attended, friendships that I will always have and a life time of memories that I will never forget. My college education is valuabe to me because it prepares me for the life after college, that is, the work life and hard challenges I will have to face. I would not trade my college experiences for anything in the world, nothing can replace memories, some happier than others, but in the end, attending college will show that good and hard works pays off. Thank you

Roslynn

I have learned alot about who I am and what kind of impact I want to have on the world. Being in college has showed me that anyonce can make a difference no matter how big or how smart. College has showed me that I can acheive my dreams of being a doctor as long as I stay focused and believie that I can do it.

Travis

I have learned that you need to work hard and invest in your own success. When it comes to education, you get out what you put into it, and I feel that my education was definitely earned. I am graduating from NDNU with a 3.9 GPA and will be attending law school in Fall 2011. The education I recieved opened my eyes to the world, and I hope that I will be able to give back to my community in a positive fashion with my strong education from both my undergraduate and graduate programs.

nadine

education is very important to me and so far, since im a freshman, everything is great. moving to belmont, away from the big city of los angeles, has thought me a lot about being independent and doing things for and by myself. I've also learned a lot myself and how to tolerate people because by trying to understand the next person, you learn a lot about yourself in the process.

Eduardo

I have learned alot what the real world is like and what it takes to set my priorities right. Leadership is what keeps me going and my learning abilities have increased. Making new friends is really important because they lift my hopes when I most need it. I also learned that focus and committment is the most important when it comes to school reponsibilities. Also having a positive attitude gets you through anything that stands in your way. I've gotten alot out of my college experience and I value my education as much as I value my life.

ELIZABETH

Being the first in my family to go to college has been a struggle both financially and as a student. College has taught me to accept change and difference. Learning to struggle and accepting those hardships have made me a stronger person. Working hard and knowing how much opportunity I'll get from getting a college education is worth all the effort and more. College has opened my eyes to new ideas, cultures, and new opportunities ahead. Getting educated not only helps myself but I'm able to give back to my community and others who aren't sure about going to college and influencing them in a positive way. College has been hard, but it's preparing me for the real world and to become a inspiration to others that are struggling with making hard decisions. I value education and I've learned that no matter what we're up against, we must have faith and never give up hope in ourselves and future.

Stacey

I've begun to think more critically about more than just the words I read on a page. I've begun to apply critical thinking in many of the activities that I am involved in, in my life. I have also found a growing sense of community while on campus. I'm surrounded by students who want to be more active in the world around them. I'm finding it easier to make friends and build relationships on this campus because the students value their education versus when I was on a state university campus. I've learned that what i do can change someone's life and that meeting new people is the best thing that I can do for myself. It's about building a bridge of chance for a new opportunity to help me grow. I've met new friends, grown in my concern and care for my education, started thinking critically, and appreciate the community and the world a lot more.

I value my college education more than many students on my campus. My plans to transfer next year are only to better suit myself to further my educuation. I think it is important for a student to feel comfortable on their campus and in their dorm. One major item I can be grateful for is the friends I have made on campus. These are people I never plan to lose contact with. Also, I think it is very valuable that the teachers care so much for their students at NDNU. They are always willing to talk and help fix any probelms you are having. Attending a private university is a benefit because they have the capability to help each student with their future plans and keep them going in the right direction. I plan to be a high school history teacher and athletic director. I would not be able to fulfill my dreams with out the education I am recieving.

With my college experience overall, I have learned determination, perseverance, and to not give up on goals that you set before yourself. As a transfer student to my current college, I had previously dealt with the effects of budget cuts, tuition raises, and the inability to attain the classes I needed to complete my goal of receiving a college degree. Instead of letting these factors deter me from getting an education, I used these experiences to further enhance my desire to graduate with a degree in Biology. Upon transferring to my current university, I was immediately assisted in setting up a plan that would allow me finally graduate. This has been a valuable aspect because, for once, I feel like the teachers and staff are there to support me and help me succeed. Without the dedication from the faculty at this university, I would probably still feel frustrated with the college system. This school, however, has given me a renewed sense of hope and I can now say my goals are within reach.

I have not yet begun my college career but am looking forward to this in the fall. I plan to pursue an automotive service technology certificate program at Cowley County Community College. My stepfather and I loved to work on cars together. Unofortunately he passed away on June 18th so he will not see me realize my dream of becoming a mechanic, but I plan to do everything I can to make him proud. I am hoping this will also provide me with a stable work environment so that I can support my family as I have a baby due in November. I will also need to help raise my little sister with my dad's passing so I plan to go to school full time and work full time as well. I am 16 years old (will turn 17 on July 9th) and received my GED on my first attempt. I have spent the last year or so bouncing around between foster homes and really need to get my life back on track and hope scholarship monies will help me obtain this goal. Thank you.

Ervin

College has taught me that education is key to moving forward in life. Attending college helps one network, gain life expiriences and takes ones mind to another level of knowlege.

Regina

This is a great self-reflection question. If I could travel back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior about college life and making the transition, the first piece of advice I would give would be to take the SATs regardless of the amount of anxiety and fear I had regarding standardized test taking. I wish I could reveal the truth and struggles that would be in my future by attending a community college for nine years (off and on). As for advice on college life and transitions, I would advise myself to embrace change, love who you are, and abandon your shy personality. College is about starting fresh again by making new friends, joining clubs and campus activities, and engaging in sports. Becoming organized and managing time effectively are keys to transition and success in the college setting. My final words to myself would be, "I love you, and I know you can do this. Think positively!"

Alayna

If i were to go back to myself in highschool i would tell myself to prepare more better in volleyball so that i would go more of a variety of schools to look at me for volleyball so that i would be able to get a full ride scholarship to a four year school instead of having to pay more money. I would also work more during high school to save up for college because it is so expensive.

Jaclyn

Trust your gut, it won't let you down. And trust in your friends becasue they will stick by you and pull you out of some tough spots. College is not as scary as it seems, just be yourself and you'll find people who will like you for you, and those are the ones worth keeping. Take every chance you have to grow and push the limits of your comfort zone. You'll never grow if you don't try new things. Never let anyone sway you on your beliefs, stay true to you.

I have actually thought about this many times. When I was a senior, I had this ridiculous idea that I had all the time in the world to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. This negative thought process left me without the urgency necessary to do more in planning ahead for a better life. Although I went to college immediately after graduating, I was aimlessly taking random classes at the nearest junior college assuming that one day I would receive an epiphany and know which career to pursue. If I could go back in time, I would encourage myself to consistently take steps in order to find what I was passionate about. I would discourage working as a server for so many years and instead take jobs in various fields and volunteer to see what I was good at or enjoyed doing most. After 7 years, I am going to receive my BS this year. I know though that I could've prevented changing my major four times and this road could've been so much shorter if I knew then what I know now.

If I could go back to my senior year where I am preparing for college there are many things I would do differently. The main thing would be to visit and tour the colleges I'm applying to to make sure that it is right or comfortable. I wasn't really sure what college I wanted to attend so I applied to colleges my friends had applied to. But I never visited the colleges myself, I just took other peoples word that it was beautiful or it was too small. I ended up attending a college I wasn't comfortable at and didn't really like. A year later I was back at home feeling like I had missed out on a part of the college experience. My school now is perfect for me. After visiting the campus I found it to be beautiful and the classes are right for me. Most importantly, I feel like this place is my home.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior about college life, I would tell myself to get more involved on campus and really treat it not only as a means to an end, but as an experience. College life is a unique experience and, for many people, it is the last time that one can experience independence while still receiving support from parents and family. It is a great time to learn responsibility before having the full responsibility of living on one's own with bills to pay. That said, it is also not a time to goof off. The best advice I can give is to enjoy the time and nurture a healthy social life, but also to focus and work hard in one's classes, and get involved in activities that are social as well as activities that will enhance your degree and add character to a resume. Also, in the first few years of college, it is a great idea to take a variety of classes in order to get an idea of what major one will truly enjoy. It is best to take courses that will also fulfill general requirements.

George

Work harder, focus more on school, and make sure to complete everything

Make sure you visit the college and get a true feel of how it operates, not what the orientation team wants you to hear. Make friends early in order to build a social circle.

Hazel

As a student who has been on the orientation team and has worked for admissions, the best advice I give to students and parents is check the college out. It is worth the money to fly out and actually try to experience the college before one attends. Check out the teachers and students, see what activities one can get involved in, try and feel the atmosphere. Honestly, I feel the student makes the most out of his or her college. If the student doesn't care which college they attend, then they will mostly not care what education they recieve. I went into college scared and afraid, but I am leaving my college with pride and knowledge of my field. I will be graduating a semester early with a major in business administration, with a concentration in management and marketing, and a communications minor. I will leave with an involvement in the business club and be known as the founder of the Argo Spirit Squad. JUST GET INVOLVED, take the risk because that is the only way one gets the full college expereince of relationships and connections.

Jovie

Finding the right college is about deciding where you'd be most comfortable with not only your academic life, but your personal life as well. If you plan on going away for college, I'd say to do a lot of research about school and their surroundings so that you aren't in total shock about what there is to do with your free time. I've known a lot of people who've gone to a school in the middle of no where and end up transferring down the line. Staying close to home doesn't hurt because you are able to save money on dorming expenses if you live close enough. As far as making the most of the college experience, getting involved as much as possible is the best way to go. When you get involved with the school, you're not just doing something for the school but you're making friends at the same time. Surround yourself with people who have drive, ambition, motivation, and desire. You'd be amazed at just how passionate people are when it comes to certain causes or political or environmental issues. Just have fun with whatever you do.