Notre Dame of Maryland University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Notre Dame of Maryland University

nisbah

Currently, it's my 4th and final year at Notre Dame and it was interesting but delightful. I really enjoyed the calm and caring environment t align with the support of women. I personally feel like I have grown out of my shell from first coming to NDMU. This is an excellent University if you are completely focused on getting you're degrees and starting your career.

Brittney

My opinion about Notre dame of Maryland is that the school is amazing. It do have a good nursing program that I love to be part of. The teachers are very welcoming and caring for their students. They want all of the students to be successful in college and future careers. They provide support and activities to help prepare us for jobs. The school is very diversely, which allow students to get to know each other and bonding.

Catherine

Amazing school, I have learned so much and feel so prepared and anxious to jump into my career as a teacher as soon as I graduate in December! During my time at NDMU, I have connected with amazing professors who have helped to guide and prepare me for my future career as a teacher. I have never felt more ready to get into my own classroom and start working with my own students.

Lindsay

I believe that Notre Dame of Maryland University is the best small university a person could come to. The environment here makes you feel extremely safe. It is like a little taste of country life in the middle of the city. The staff personally cares for their students and help hands-on with anything they need. The staff and the students that come here are so welcoming, you might soon feel like you're at your home away from home! I'm so glad to get my bachelors degree from here.

Chavonne

Notre Dame is a beautiful, well rounded, women's liberal arts college! It offers an education where everyone is there to help to work hard and you succeed with our interactive class discussions; and there are really cool opportunities such as our Study Abroad Program. A Notre Dame education allows you to build yourself into someone who is confident and fearless in helping others as well as being prepared for your career ahead.

I love going to a woman's college! The campus and student body is very small, which makes getting to class very easy. This also makes it easier to get attention from teachers. Everyone says "Hi" and is friendly with one another and you are on a first name basis with most people here. The education is excellent and challenging. The biggest drawbacks are the food and the housing. The housing is alright and I do love that it is located in a building built in the 1800's however It would be nice if they could update it a bit. The food is pretty awful and I think that would be the only reason I'd reconsider going here but you can always cook on campus (there are kitchens). The lack of diversity among the staff has been a problem for many students as well.

Alexis Mckenzie Michelle

Since the first day that I stepped on campus, I felt very welcomed by all of my sisters here at Notre Dame, it's in the heart of Baltimore, in a very safe area. The professors are very accessible, I'm able to reach out to them with any questions at any time. Campus security is always around making sure our area is kept very safe and the food is like no other! There are so many fun things to do around campus, and all of the staff here is very welcoming and friendly!

Idris

I love the school. I am currently enrolled in the masters program. The classes are very challenging but the professors are great and offer much support. The class sizes are very small which makes it easier to learn. The school of education is awesome and guiding me on a good path on my journey and i am glad i found the school it is a perfect fit.

ariyen

It is a beautiful university, there is a big diverse community, I don't feel intimidated whatsoever. The academics as far as I am seeing is very thorough, very easy to understand the professors are not too articulate to the point where I don't understand them. The professors are always there when you need them, they are very nice. The dorms very clean, the women there are very polite, nice, caring (I go to the women's college.) The university is on 58 acres of private ground so I am not worried about intruders coming in, All the girls have ID cards so they need to swipe in and out whenever they want to access a part of the building. The area itself is very clean there is no trash on the grounds, there are constant workers on the grounds making sure the university is clean and tidy, it smells amazing, like its so fresh. That's understandable because the university is surrounded by trees, and grass, and bushes. The food is really good and I also noticed that the chefs care about the kids they feed because they don't put spice on the food they give, they leave that to the kids if they want to put spice or not. The administrators are very polite, they are always up for questions and they are ready to talk to you whenever you need them.

Esther

Notre Dame of Maryland is a small, community orientated college with an emphasis on service and equality. The professors love what they do, but are sometimes hard to track down. The class sizes are very small, and there aren't a lot of activities for commuter students to partake in.

Catherine

I love it here. It honestly feels like home. The teachers are respectful and students are too. We are really friendly and staff and faculty are always able to help. We are a small campus but we act more like a family. The class size is small which is great because we get more one on one with our professors. Professors are amazing and are willing to work with students. I love Notre Dame and its rich heritage.

Chelsea

Notre Dame of Maryland University has been a great experience for me during my freshman year. Being as we are a women’s college, there are a lot of different experiences here than at other universities. Even though we have modern buildings, the dorms here are quite ancient with old wooden doors and floors and so must dust. Despite loving our cafeteria food, it could be better just like most school meals but they do have a large selection of condiments to choose from which allows us to doctor up our food if we don’t like it. But in spite of all of that, the curriculum and professors make up for those things. At Notre Dame, I WANT to go to class because we have very small classes which allow me to always be engaged in the conversations and feel connected to my professors, classmates, and friends because we are around each other so often.

Alexis

Notre Dame of Maryland is a great university. Everyone here cares for my education and they are very supportive. Always encouraging me to do my best and to always stay on top of things, as well as to prioritize my responsibilities. I think it is a great help and my professors are great people.

Nnandi

Overall, I loved Notre Dame of Maryland University (NMDU). It was a great learning environment and I met some really great people, even some that I still talk to. I had not class throughout my four years that had more than 20 people in it and the professors were very attentive and every one of them knew who I was. If I went back in time and had to choose undergraduate school all over again, I would still choose to go to NDMU. Although, I would have done a little bit more work when it came to scholarship applications. I would recommend NDMU to anyone who is looking for a small school that can still give you great opportunities to grow and learn. The campus is located near the heart of Baltimore and there was a free college shuttle that one could take all the way down to the inner harbor, where a lot of fantastic events happened. I find myself missing college sometimes and the more I think about it the more I realize that it’s the NDMU college life that I am missing, although the academic life was very stimulating as well. The dorm life was nice, there are only two housing options, so that was a little limited, but in the end they were both pretty nice. One of the housing options involves the use of bathrooms/stalls for the floor that one lives on, while the other housing option had a bathroom shared between two rooms (4 students). When I first matriculated into the school the food was okay, but not the best, then in between my 2nd and 3rd year the school had a change in staff and the way the lunch hall was set up/decorated. After they made their changes the food was definitely better and people enjoyed hanging out in the lunch room to socialize or to get some work done. I will admit that the choices for a Major are not as vast as a larger school would have, but I was able to find may choices and settle on one that I loved. Even now, as I look back on my time at university, I smile and I hope that whoever so chooses to attend the school in the future has as much as a great time as I did. GO GATORS!

rebecca

I love this university. The classes are small and professors are easy to talk to and access. The curriculum depends on the professor but is generally on point with current needs. The campus itself is beautiful. The only reason i downed safety by one star is that if you travel off campus into Baltimore you may want someone with you.

Ayana

I absolutely love the environment. The environment is more than safe, but its also peaceful. When I first stepped on campus I felt at home and I also loved how women empowerment was so greatly advertised. It meant a lot to the young women on campus that the history of the university was well known. I love how engaged I can be within the small class sizes. I love how gentle and welcoming everyone on campus was.

Jen

Notre Dame is expensive, it's a private university and they charge you for it! I had great professors and some that were average and others that made me feel like I was simply doing busy work. I had difficulty connecting with financial aid and the business office on multiple occasions. My academic advisor was not well organized and took awhile in her responses. The department also changed courses our cohort needed midway through our program causing quite the disruption.

Marley

When deciding on a college I wanted something very basic and simple but that still had some benefits and maybe even a few quirks. I love the historic feel that NDMU brings me. I love the strong bond with tradition and knowing the history of the university. Like most colleges, the food is not great and the dorms are interesting but I keep my dorm clean and respect the space of others and so far there have been no issues. Notre Dame is an incredibly diverse community which leads for the facilitation of a lot of undiscussed topics and creativity that I had not yet been exposed to. I love this school and for nursing majors especially the perks of many Maryland hospitals for clinical and the amazing technology within the University Academic Building/Nursing Building it is an amazing place to receive your education.

Brianna

Notre Dame of Maryland University is an incredibly empowering place to learn. My classes, on average, consisted of about 10 students, which allows for professors to get to know you and give you the attention that you need in order to understand and absorb the materials. My professors were inspiring men and women who encouraged all students to be the best that we could be. I didn’t expect to enjoy taking prerequisites as much as I did. There were a variety of courses offered to meet each learning basis and my favorite course that I took in all of my years turned out to be a course that was not related to my major. I truly felt as though I belonged to a community dedicated to learning and helping others during my time at Notre Dame. The campus is beautiful and although I did not spend all of my time there as a commuter, I enjoyed studying in quiet, scenic places in between classes. Earning my degree was very hard work, but I feel grateful that I was surrounded by strong women who shared my values and supported me. Some of those women will be friends for life. Notre Dame provided me with lots of opportunities from getting involved in community service, to studying abroad over one summer, to gaining experience in the field I plan to work in. I left Notre Dame feeling prepared to take on the next chapter of my life.