Fort Lauderdale, FL
Nova Southeastern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nova Southeastern University

Chelsea

Chelsea, college is so different from high school. First off, mom and dad are no longer here to make sure that you do your homework every day so you really need to get working on that because if you don't do it here, you're in for some trouble. Luckily you find during your freshman year that it really is not that bad to make yourself do homework and study. You want those good grades so you are willing to put in those countless hours at the library preparing for exams. Next, you really need to have noise cancelling headphones because the kids in your dorm hallway are loud! Of course, that is all part of the experience. Also, you will find out that your roommate is not very clean so you will end up doing most of the cleaning. If you like, you can practice at home and show mom that you won't be living in a pig sty when you get to college. Lastly, you should know that college is great and you will have so much fun. You will make some of the most amazing friends that you will create life long memories with.

I would say the best thing about my school is how small it is. I know a lot of students like to go to large universities because of the name and the excitement, but my small university has furthered my education because of how small it is. All of my classes are about twenty-five students and my professors know me by name and I feel comfortable asking questions in class. Each class makes students feel like they are given an adequate amount of attention which is great for college learning.

I believe that anyone could go to this school. I have many friends that are in all kinds of different groups and organizations. I, myself, am on the cross country and track team so I am friends with many of the different sports teams but I also have friends that are in sororities, fraternities, and other organizations around campus. There is no one type of person who goes to this school. My university can be home to anyone who wants a great living experience in South Florida.

Myah

The most important advice I could give myself as a high school senior would’ve been apply to as many scholarships as I could. Don’t expect money to come to you or fall from the sky, you have to go get it and it may be hard, but you cannot give up. I would have asked as many questions as I could about financial aid instead of thinking I knew everything, because clearly I don’t know everything. I would have told myself to save every penny I had, because I will need it later.

I wish I would’ve known more about my financial need and how important scholarships are. I wish I would’ve known not to procrastinate when it comes to applying for financial aid. I wish I knew how important money is when it comes to going to college. Money is my only personal problem with this school.

A person who is not educationally determined and committed to an educational goal shouldn’t attend this school. It’s a pricey school, so you wouldn’t want to waste your money and time if you’re not goal orientated. A person who parties a lot shouldn’t attend this school. A person who doesn’t like small classroom settings and hands on activities shouldn’t attend this school.

Natalia

A modern Florida Universiy, with small classrooms and professors who know you by your first name.

Diversed group of students who are very studious.

If only I could actually go back and tell myself not to be lazy! I have been in college for two full years since I graduated high school, if I knew then what I know now I would apply, apply, and keep applying myself to study more for my SAT's. I have since then learned that without a good SAT, score you have fewer opportunities of having your dreams come true. Though, having a good SAT, score to me seems important, I would also told myself that having money for the expenses of being in college could really make a difference. Applying for scholarships my senior year would have aided me now by lowering the amount of stress college tuition can bring. What would have made a difference in my college life would be to know that high school education doesn’t compare to a University. I would tell myself that even though you just have two classes a day that does not mean the workload will be easy. Those are all decisions I wish I would have done, and lastly I wouldn't dorm with my best friend freshman year in order for us to still be friends.

Daniel

Although community college is more affordable, remember you want to get to a four-year university where you can begin working on getting your degree & hopefully finish in four years. You have the grades to do it just make sure you apply on time & do everything you have to do to get there. Remember the college life will not be easy, you will have alot of studying to do and although this may stress you out, make time for it find a way to ge your studying hours in and all your work done. It may be exhausting but remember in the long run this will all pay off. Stay on top of things, give it your all and focus on all your classes, remember you want to pass all your classes so you can move on and graduate with your degree. Talk to counselors for help. You will be very proud of yourself. There are lots of ways to receive help financially so make sure you inform yourself on that, there is financial aid if you qualify and scholarships you may apply for, take advantage of the opportunities you have, especially as a hispanic college student with good grades.

maria

My classmates are hardworking and passionate students trying to achieve their goals just like myself.

I would have prepared my self better academically , I feel like maybe sometimes humans make the mistake of saying "I will do this later" , but we never end up doing it. School wise it is important because it is a preparation that when things come they might not be as challenging as expected.

I do not have the right of saying who should or should not attent the school, I think everyone has the same rights.

Manny

They are all focused on what it is they want to do.

They are all focused on what it is they want to do.

The best advice I would give to myself would be... "Look, I know you may think you don't need college and that's awesome. Go for it bro. As for me, I was different and I found college to be the greatest training ground for understanding what I truly wanted to do. Now, it wasn't the classes, the course work or anything like that. Nah, for me it was the ability to have a serious work ethic, meet all kinds of people and most importantly, to have the most fun ever. I mean, I used to be so obsessed about making it that I forgot about all the stuff that I loved to do. I don't want you to do that either, so learn from a fool who did. Thankfully, I already learned it and now I love my life. I encourage you to do the same. So make your decision because your are gonna make the right one. Just look in your heart and feel it now. Feel your happiness and feel it now. When you do... you'll know what to do. Live from your heart bro, you'll never regret it." Something like that...

The fact that there are not many individuals that are as ambitious as I am and willing to change the world in a big way. This however, is everywhere and I have only found one person that is willing to go as far as I am so nothing really bad at the school. I find a lot of ambitious people here as well.

Kassandra

The most important aspect of Nova Southeastern University is the class sizes; you are able to communicate with your teacher and they will know who you are on a first-name basis.

During my high school career, I was a hard-working individual who was overly involved in extracurricular activities. However, since I was busy, I assumed that I couldn't take too many advanced college courses. This is where I feel that I failed myself. I know that applying myself to more difficult courses in high school would've been in my benefit in the long run. Granted, the classes I took in high school were all honor-level courses, but they never challenged me enough and I was aware of that. I wanted to play it safe to get a higher GPA. This affected my acceptance to many universities, my timeliness and monetary needs as a student. The simple classes that could've been taken in high school I decided to avoid because I wanted to "play it safe," when in fact I was creating a more rugged academic journey for myself. That being said, if I could go back and give myself some futuristic advice, it would be to take advanced courses in order to be able to attend the university of my choice, save thousands of dollars and being able to start my career at a younger age.

I wish I had known that our school did not have a football team. Although it sounds silly, football makes a university's school spirit rise to an entire new level. It is what makes a name for your school and attracts others to attend.

My school is unique because the school was originally a graduate school and the undergraduate program was added about 60 years ago. This creates great opportunities for those wanting to go to graduate school to learn from graduate students themselves. I personally and a Chemistry major and because of the graduate programs here I was able shadow medical students through the Clinical Exploration Program. This program allows the undergraduate students to shadow students in the medical school, the dental school, as well as many others.

When making the transition into college, students including myself, are very apprehensive. If I could talk to myself I would say, relax and enjoy everything from every grade, good or bad, to the 100's of activities. These things are shaping your college experience; they are shaping you. Enjoy every situation and every interaction you encounter. Relax! Nerves and anxiety only cause you to overlook the ability to enjoy every experience to the fullest. College is fun! It is a time of exploration. Sign up for every club you might be interested, then you can pick a few to stick with once you find out what they are all about. Embrace learning, it is happening everywhere, lectures, labs, dorm rooms, campus events and activities. Be attentive and observe those around you, young and old, learning is occuring everywhere. Above all, hold yourself accountable by reaching out to others. Mom and dad are not around anymore to do that for you and that is the key to success in college.

When I talk to my friends back home about my school I tend to talk about how great my teachers are and how they are willing to help anytime you need it. This is something I pride my school in because some schools have lecture halls with 100 students and sometimes more! All of my classes had no more than 25 students. This helps also with in class diccussions and interaction with the teacher and fellow students.

DeAndre

I am a high school senior now. WOW!! The years of High School zoomed by so fast. Now is the time to put serious thought into the next phase of education which is going to be college. My mom can't really afford to send me to college on her own. I need to develop a plan for financing my education. I need to apply for as many scholarships and grants I can find to ease the burden of financial responsibility. I never realized the cost of a college education. I know college is going to be hard. I will do what ever I need to do in order to make my dream come true as a male nurse. I know I am focused enough to make the grades, but my biggest regret is that I don't think I have done everything possible for financial assistance. Stay online, talk to the counselors at school and work, work, work to find assistance to pay for my dream. I just wish I had started a couple of years ago. But I am confident, I can do it with the time I have until I enroll as a college freshman.

Bridgette

The advice I would give myself is to actually give myself a break and stop being so hard on myself. I would remind myself that everyone has faults and I would try not to be so sensitive to criticism or strive for absolute perfection, which only causes more stress. I would tell myself that mistakes are a part of life and we can choose to harp on them or learn a life lesson from them and move on. I would make sure I leave the past in the past, put blinders on and move forward without looking back.I would also tell myself that it's ok to be a little different from everyone else and instead of being upset or feeling like an outcast and excluded from the party crowd, offer to be a designated driver, which is what I started to do on multiple occasions.

I honestly cannot say what kind of person shouldn't attend this school. But from my own experience, it has been very difficult at times to concentrate on my studies when there are so many financial aspects that have caused me to lose hope, especially since I have always excelled academically. If students didn't have so many financial burdens to contend with and we didn't have to worry about obtaining credit worthy co-signers in order to stay in school, we would be able to focus more on our studies.

The most frustrating thing is fearing the amount of financial aid you are given. Many times I have had to forgo food, books and other materials needed for class on a few occasions, due to many delays and setbacks with trying to obtain a credit worthy co-signer for the alternative/private loans I needed to supplement my remaining tuition expenses.

Nova Southeastern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.