Nova Southeastern University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Nova Southeastern University

Laura

Nova Southeastern University is very involved with their students and wants them to succeed. They provide a lot of resources for education and activities to relax and have fun. The class sizes are good with 30 students max and the teachers are very qualified and care for the students.

Avia

Nova Southeastern University is a breathtakingly beautiful school. The professors are top notch and actually want to help you. You can go them for anything really, they won't make things easy for you which is something I appreciate. It allows me as a student to have to put in the effort to discover new things in the field I'm studying. I can then take my discoveries to my professor and they will take the time and show me how it applies to the real world and how I can make a change in the world by using the skills I acquire at the school. I find Nova to be one of the best colleges to gather a great foundation for both graduate and undergraduate students, I think it is going to become one of the top colleges in only a few years based on the successes it has seen so far. Nova also has a large amount of facilities for students such as a Career Development office that will even help alumni and students find a job and terrific internship programs in their field of study. I really love being a student at Nova because I know I am receiving a high level of education and am able to work in an extremely positive environment.

Victor

It is an Amazing School and I love my program. When I first started at Nova I was a little nervous because I was going to attend a new school with a different structure. Now, I can say that I made the best decision, even the though the University is expensive, it is worthy to take the risk and do the best. I always think that life is all about making sure that we strive for the best of our actions

Fabiana

Overall a great school, their staff and faculty are always striving to give the students the best service possible. The professors are very well prepared and they speak from their own experiences within their respective industries. This allows the students to also learn the practical application of the different theories explained in class.

Danyel

It's an okay school, I like some aspects better than others. I wish there was more school spirit. I really enjoy the professors and the Writing Fellows Program, but the campus life needs a lot of improvement, as well does the food options. I live at home, but the dorms are really nice.

Oasis

NSU supports teachers in getting their advanced education .

Marco

One of the biggest factors that intrigued me about Nova Southeastern University is their focus on research, community engagement, and global health initiatives. The students at this esteemed institution all share the same emphasis on how pleased they were with the communication and dedication of the faculty and staff at this school.

Deborah

Nova Southeastern University is a great place for higher learning and I enjoy the personalized attention I have received thus far. As a current student of NSU, I have been able to communicate effectively with my professors and have received much help from them.

LOVEYOU

real cool

martha

They really help you freshman year, but afterwards they offer less help. The food quality went down, and housing isn't all that great. The classes are also supposedly harder here than in other surrounding colleges. The graduate programs are great, but the undergraduate really needs work.

asmaa

Nova is a very friendly, yet academically challenging university that promotes diversity and encourages an environment of intellect combined with fun and creativity. I deeply enjoy the various facilities that are available and everyone is always willing to help you out and make sure you get the best out of your college experience.

Aagya

Nova is a great school if you enjoy small class sizes and getting to know your professor pretty well. The downside of Nova Southeastern is that the tuition is quite alot and the dining hall food needs to improve. There are not good vegetarian and vegan options. Other than the food, the campus is beautiful and there are many opportunities on campus to get involved.

Indya

If you're not a science/biology major trying to become a doctor, this school is not for you. A lot of us end up switching out of the science major within the first year, because the faculty never fully teach us what we need to know to succeed. Students come here because they fall in love with the idea of the school and the people here are amazing. The academics and food come 3rd and 4th.

Celia

I like this school's curriculum; convenience of online courses; caring faculty, and more. The school endeavors to be on the cutting edge with healthcare facilities, and serves the community in a multiplicity of other ways. Nova is a leader in research, continuing to expand its reach and attracting large endowments and other funding.

Rahma

I love it here. Everyone is really friendly and helpful. There are a lot of resources as well to help out. The class sizes are the best. Classes are small and its easier to get to know your professor as well. Professors are always available​ to help as well.

Christopher

I base my review mostly on the opportunities being given by the college for further advancement in your chosen field of study. As I music major I will solely speak on my experiences within my program. Just recently there have been major developments within my program that widens it's reach to a group of musicians that otherwise would be left in the cold. I am talking about music producers. Otherwise there seems to be a lacking of opportunities at my college (speaking from the point of view of my program). However, I have noticed a trend of more opportunities being held in other programs such as business, law, etc. I am currently taking an intro class in marketing to see how I like the business arena. So far, I love it and my professor is constantly reaching out to me with opportunities for next semester classes and ways to gain more knowledge of the topics I'm interested in. So overall I feel as if Nova is a good school, however needs serious improvements (as far as opportunities provided to their arts program).

rahul

My opinion of Nova Southeastern University is that although there are some bad qualities like the limited amount of food options, it has good academics. The campus itself is also nice and has great scenery. NSU could fix some things but overall it is decent.

zaida

I Transferred into this university from a community college. And from the get go, i had people helping through the transition and made it very smoothly. I am majoring to Medical Sonography and NSU is one of the only schools in the area that offers it as a Bachelor's degree. Class sizes are perfect and teachers are very helpful and available.

zhiwei

I am so proud of being a sharker in Nova Southeastern University. Most professors are really nice, patient, knowledgeable, and available. I really care about professors, as it is closely related to how much I can learn from their courses. If a professor is a Noble laureate, but she or he is not really passionate about teaching and never gives his/her students enough assignments, he/she is not helpful to me. From this regard, I really appreciate my professors at NSU. They are really doing a good job there, spending extra time to help us make progress. The beautiful campus is an additional merit. On top of that, my classmates are all studious, so they are positively influencing me. Do not get me wrong, I am saying NSU is a perfect college. In fact, there is some room that they have to work on. For example, the food at dinning hall kills me. The only function of the food center at NSU, in my eyes, is to help people lose weight. However, NSU is a hidden gem. It just, they need to make progress. All in all, I love NSU and I am happy with my decision of choosing this university.

Valery

Nova Southeastern University has a great variety of academic programs, especially the biology program. The university has amazing professors, of course, occasionally you find some that aren't so great. A huge advantage at Nova is the class size of about 18-30 students which really allows students to have a one on one with the professor to further understand their lectures, it truly personalizes the experience. The university's facilities are equipped with almost everything you can possibly think of even a modern fish tank in the cafeteria.

Sarita

Nova Southeastern University is on of the best schools in the United States. Their everyday focus is to provide the best education with the best tools for each student to be successful in the area of his or her choice. The professors are very competent in teaching as well as helping students succeed. Attending this school gives no regret.

Dana

I love this school, all of the professors here are friendly and eager to help students accomplish their educational goals. I’ve been at Nova for 2 years I love the peers that I have met through campus and via online courses. I just love it here so much.

As a student at Nova Southeastern University, it is my home during the academic year, and I do generally enjoy it here. The campus is beautiful, the professors are generally good. Housing is okay, the food is decent. The biggest problem is that Nova desires to expand, and as a result of that, things are a little overcrowded. Hopefully that will be resolved with the addition of a new dorm.

Tasnim

It’s a great school and I’m excited for it.

It is awesome!!!! The people on campus are very nice and helpful. It is a gorgeous campus with beautiful artwork. There are campuses all over which allow you to get your major where ever you need to. Even though they do not have their own football team they have a partnership with the Miami dolphins.

brittany

I love it , I would not want to be in any other Nursing program. The university has beautiful facilities, patient and knowledgeable professors, and students who are focused and want to learn. Nova is a great university to learn essential skills for a career in the nursing field and others. All of the professors are experienced and extremely helpful. They want all of their students to succeed and constantly provide opportunities for networking and internships for students to take advantage of.

polina

Nova Southeastern University is a school that makes you feel at home, everyone is supper nice and the schools involvement int the community it one of the best things about it! The campus is very clean and very environmentally friendly, lots of ponds and cute animals everywhere!

Tremaine

I love this school. I'm 17 and to begin this college with a dual enrollment will give me a doctorate in dentistry by 22yrs

Education wise it's a very good school. That's the only thing I like about it though. I'm a commuter and they don't offer much for us. I really wanted a college experience, but i've learned that Nova isn't the school for that. I think the only students that have fun are the ones who live on campus. The school isn't big on sports and the greek life people are completely full of theirselves.

Kelsey

Nova Southeastern is a very small community that attempts to reach its students needs but comes up short a large portion of the time. The transfer out rate is embarrassingly high and the over all school spirit and pride is lacking. When I applied to this school they prided themselves on not having any teaching assistants, and that all courses were taught by actual professors. Although now going into my third year here, I have numerous classed that did infect have TA's. This school puts on a grand image of what benefits you are getting by going there, but unfortunately the reality of the situation is not all that grand.

Shaunisse

I understand why Nova Southeastern University is one of the top private schools in Florida. The university gives all the resources possible to the students so they can succeed. The staff all across campus really seems to genuinely care for the students. The professors truly care about their students' success and help their students when needed.

Krishna

Nova Southeastern University has a beautiful campus filled with genuinely kind students and faculty who promote a safe and friendly atmosphere. Not only is the campus beautiful but the camaraderie between a diverse group of students from all around the states and even outside the country cannot be compared.

Victror

It is the best.

Alyssa

My overall opinion about Nova Southeastern is that this university is a great place for opportunities whether it be extracurricular or academic. This school offers many things to do like: studying abroad, internships, clubs and organizations to join, events to go or participate in. This university has everything that a student would be looking for in a great college experience.

Heather

It's a good school for the most part. Very expensive, what I pay for one semester most students pay for the year at a state school. Teacher's you have good and bad, advisers are okay and even teachers will say that. They could be better I think. I've been here for two years and I've changed my adviser after the first month of my first year there. He was terrible, not completing my registration for classes, and then putting me in classes that didn't benefit me in any way. I've talked with professor and most say the school sees students with $$ over their heads rather than seeing them as actual students. Parts of me believes that. Most students that come to Nova come from wealthy families, which makes it awkward for me because I definitely didn't come from that. Apartments around the school are expensive, but that's because of the area. Otherwise its an okay school.

Donna

It’s a great school, but you always have to be careful and keep an eye on your accounts. Sometimes they’ll make a mistake and won’t tell you about it. Then when you realize it, it’s either to late or they blame you for their mistakes. So like I said, it’s amazing, but just make sure you’re up to date with everything.

Meagan

Nova has a great campus that is beautiful and easy to get around. The undergraduate is very small, and the school is known for their graduate programs. They have a great law and medical program as well as business and dental. Majority of the people who attend are getting their higher education degrees.

Kevin

Nova has a lot of students who are majoring in either Biology or some other medical major. The school is very unique because the class sizes are small, so it makes it easier for you to learn and get to know your professors better. The professors try to get to know you as much as possible and they try to make the class interesting. Nova was the first school I applied to when I was enrolling in college. The school has lots of events on campus so finding ways to make friends and getting to know people isn't hard at all.

lauren

Ok, School. Small class sizes, great buildings. D2 in sports. Not a huge campus life. Some frats and sorties. Some organizations. staff is always available. Hosing on campus is enough. need a car on campus. 20 min to fort Lauderdale 40min to Miami.

Jahna

I believe Nova Southeastern University is a place for you to be serious and learn, you will get an amazing education, and the vibes are amazing through the people and workers there. People are always there to help, and no one is really there to judge you. I wish of course tuition was cheaper for obvious reasons, but you get the degree for the amount of money you pay, and it is worth it!

I am currently a student in Nova Southeastern University Miami Campus. Nova has given me the opportunity to become part of a National association and become more involved with the community. There is always an event planned that includes unity within the school as well as helping others in our community.

Sacha

NSU is a well diversified school that allows its students to grow and utilize their full potential. The staff is very supportive and willing to assist students to achieve their goals. Also, school spirit is strong and students are a part of a very close knit community. Ultimately, I believe that a graduate of NSU will come out of college with all the tools necessary to establish themselves in whatever career path they choose to follow.

Caitlin

I love Nova Southeastern University. Everyone on campus greets you with a smile and warm welcome. There are many clubs and activities to join. The professors are great and the academics challenge you in positive ways. I recommend this university to incoming college students.

Yolande

Nova is a place to learn and reach new heights with the encouragement of students and staff.

Ariella Erin

NSU has an overall warm and welcoming atmosphere that invites the students the moment they set foot on campus. It's impossible to walk in a room without anyone coming up and greeting you, even if it's your first encounter with said person. Students are active in campus life and student affairs, and even the faculty works hard to further engage the students through programs like Razor's Edge, training students to lead the world. There is an emphasis on research and medical sciences, but it does not neglect other fields like the arts; the performing and visual arts department is slowly growing, and the Razor's Edge program helps in exposing more students to this growing department. There are so many extra-curricular activities that go on throughout campus. If you're a student who wants to taste every aspect of college, from greek life to club sports, and still have a good focus on academics, NSU is the university for you.

Karlee

Attending Nova Southeastern University has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. This University is incredibly diverse with students attending from all over the globe. Students of every race and ethnicity feel at home and included. Class sizes are small so each student feels like they are heard in class. Classes are engaging and challenging, but receiving a good grade is possible when you put in the effort. My favorite part of the school is the beautiful campus. Dorms and buildings are clean and modern and I can walk alone at any time of day or night and feel safe. The surrounding area is gorgeous too, I love waking up to palm trees and sunshine and only being a short drive away from the beach. Nova Southeastern University prepares students for their futures by providing free workshops for students that teach success skills and networking skills. Students are also given access to Internship opportunities, which is essential in today’s world. Finally, this university has some unique features such as the Razor’s Edge program and the Dual Admission program. The Razor’s Edge programs are leadership, global, cage, talent, and research. These programs engage students in additional opportunities to help them in their future careers and provide an automatic minor if they stay in the program for four years. The Dual Admission program allows undergraduate students guaranteed spot in a graduate program should they also remain in good standing. These programs are unique to this school as not many other schools have similar programs. Overall, these are just a handful of Nova Southeastern University’s amazing features that I love.

karen

Nova Southeastern University is a great school the campus is spacious , the class sizes reasonable, the food is delicious, you have a lot of nature surrounding you making it peaceful, and the education is superb your professors are available 24/7 whenever you need them . Your professors will put your education first. they will walk you through every lesson in class and if you don't understand you can text them, email, or visit them during their office hours.

Najah

I love NSU. I feel safe on the campus. The campus tour I went on was really fun. My guide answered all my questions accordingly. The campus was very clean and welcoming. No one seemed unhappy on campus. I plan to attend NSU for a bachelors degree and I am seeking into their dental school.

Alexis

I love Nova Southeastern University. It was my top choice for college but a slight reach just because it is so far away from home. I'm from Buffalo, New York, so imagine moving all the way down the east coast. It's a pretty big move. I attended a Shark Preview Weekend, which I highly recommend you attend! It really get you involved on campus and shows you the ins and outs of the college. Attending that weekend was a major deciding factor for me making my college decision. I recommend that you check out Nova Southeastern University so you can fall in love with it just like I did!

robert

I believe NSU is a good school but I also believe they overcharge and are quite expensive for a medium size private school. The food on campus is nothing special. The people are somewhat​ friendly. The dorms are very small and not worth the price. I would recommend living off campus.