Nyack, NY
Nyack College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nyack College

Marva

Although college is a segment of time where you learn, meet new friends and lovers, decide or become undecided on a major, it is a place where you can make mistakes and start again. Do not be afraid of failure. Whether it is failing a class or losing a friendship, college is a place of learning in every area of your life. Although the odds look like they are stacked up against you, as long as you do not give up, you can always win. Failure is just a propeller to show you how to avoid the same mistakes on your next try. How many tries did it take Thomas Edison to make the first incandescent, electric light bulb until he got it right? Like him we should aim never to settle for less and to strive on through our mistakes to learn from them and to become a growing success in our endeavors. George Eliot said, “It is never too late to be who you might have been.” You may have a dream that did not work out the first time you tried it, but it is never too late to try again and see it become a reality.

The diversity of people is the best thing about Nyack College. There are so many Christian backgrounds, as well as different cultures and races that come from all around the world. From the main campus to the satellite NYC campus there is a 63-94% of diversity at these two campuses. Being able to learn about people different from myself has taught me how to love others and grow in different areas of my personality. I now love to travel and visit other states, countries and people groups just because of what Nyack offered me simply by being diverse.

The type of person that should attend Nyack should be a person who wants to be challenged spiritually, personally, and intellectually. Nyack has an array of opportunities for one to become firm in their beliefs in God. They also provide many opportunities to connect and network with people who can benefit you in your area of study in either an instant or throughout a lifetime. College in general has a unique experience of its own, but college at Nyack can be transformational if you allow it.

JungYoon

I wish I had known the Bible professors which I should take and my requirement courses for my majors in order to graduate on right time. I also wish I had known to visit overnights before I entered as a freshmen in Nyack College.

I do not like dorm-policies and mandatory hall meetings. If I didn't show up nor able to make it, I was forced to pay $250.00 fines. There were days when my friends unfairly received parking ticket despite there were no signs where students were able to park from 9 AM to 5 PM. People who work in building and grounds were ignoring students' responses about adding signs on parking lots.

Jazmyn

My school is the home of chance and opprutunity.

My school is the home of chance and opprutunity.

I would tell myself to bucle down and do all that she can do now so that she can have a life of honest happiness and so she can live life the way it should be lived. I would reassure the younger me that she CAN do anything that she puts my mind too and although it is going to be hard its nothing that she cant handle or achieve. I would sit her down look her straight in her eyes and tell her she is worth more than not doing all she can to be the best her she can be. I would make sure she knows her dreams are worth giving a shot and no matter who say what she should follow her heart. Most of all ide tell her shes not alone and if she needs help then reach out because the world is full of people that want to see her succeed !

Nancy

Take highschool seriously and do not be afraid of challenges and risks. Take advantage of all the extra curricullar activities available to you.

The internships associated with my major

Someone who is religious and serious

Elisabeth

Dear Elisabeth, It has been a while. I know you are stressed because you are trying to figure out where you want to school. You feel like time is running out, and that you have to get everything done now. As your future self, I am here to encourage you to enjoy every moment of your life. You are smart enough to know what to do and what not to do. Although you know your limits, I encourage you to expand your limits for the sake of your dreams. You are afraid of heights, but take a plane somewhere. You feel like you need to do homework every day, but take a day doing something you really enjoy. People are telling you that you only have one life, and you should make the most of every opportunity. Trust me: you have plenty of time! Although it is important to work as hard as you can, make sure you make time to have fun. In addition, remember that everything happens for a reason. Never complain that something did not go your way. Your life will be a happy ending. If you are not happy, it is not the end. Blessings, Elisabeth

People who are interested in missionary studies, pastoral ministries, or anything related to the ministry, Christianity, or comparative religions should come here.

People who want to pursue a degree such as pre-Med. We claim to be a liberal arts school, but we do not have the top majors such as Engineering Art, etc.

Jason

It is very diversified, globally engaged, socially relevant, and Christian based.

I would say take a lot of time to really think about what it is you aspire to do. Really sit down and weigh out all of your options. Also wherever you end up going remember your G.P.A is very important is especially if you plan on furthering your education, and if you are involved in any sports. Procrastination is not an option. Do not ever forget the main reason you are there, and stay focused on that. Do your best not to get distracted by too many other things outside of academics. Also don't be ashamed to ask for all the help that you can from fellow classmates as well as professors who have been there once before too.

jesse

If I could back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would make a plan for my senior year. First I would take the time and thought to figure out what might I like to major in college. I would do this over the summer before my senior year starts so that I could take high school courses in that area. Those courses would benefit me in college and put myself one step ahead. Second, as soon as the semester would starts I would consult to my high school's counselor for information about colleges and scholarships. I would then establish a close relationship with her so that I could get the extra help. Third, I would strived to become a straight A student and achieve Honor Roll. Fourth, during my first quarter I would've narrowed my college choices to the top ten and apply for each. Of course I would at first present my college choices to my college counselor and plan out the next steps with her. By winter break I would begin applying for scholarships and apply to as much as 20 or more. Overall I would have taken the year more seriously.

sasha

My school is the greatest school there is.

My school is the greatest school there is.

The number one thing that is unique about my school is that it's in a christian setting. I can worshiip God while getting an education.

I would tell myself to get the best grades and scores that you can possibly get so that you can have more opportunities.

This is a great question! I would definitely inform myself to always stay on top of my school work. I would stress the fact that laziness is definitely not a habit worth adopting. I would encourage myself to be the man I am, or rather the man that God would have me to be. In other words, be myself in Christ Jesus. Don't be fearful of others opinions. I would tell myself to be sincere in every relationship I develop in college and beyond. I would tell myself the same phrase my mother has been telling me since second grade, which is "do your best and your best will do for you!"

One who desires to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. One who is willing to work hard in his or her studies and develop positive relationships. One who is willing to grow as a Christian student.

One who does not take their education seriously.

madride

I would advice myself to study more so that i can get a scholarship because even though i am receiving finacial aids and loans, therefore i still need to pay a lot of money back when i am done with college.

i consider the demonstration side to our christian life the best thing in Nyack college because whenever the truth of God's word is proclaimed, our hearts are stirred to respond to Him. Therefore, each time we gather, there will be an opportunity for personal response.This may involve receiving prayer from another person or simply remaining seated to silently pray, journal, or talk with a friend. As we give God space in our lives in these ways, he transforms us and makes us more like jesus.

someone who is not willing to glorify Christ with their life . Someone who is not willing to respect the college rules. Someone who is not willing to stop consuming alcohol and other drugs on and off the college campus. Someone who is not willing to attend 27 chapel per semester if living on campus.

Nyack College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.