Nyack, NY
Nyack College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nyack College

Pitagoras

The class sizes are good for those students that cannot deal with the lecture type classes. There is an environment that is conducive to self-discovery and goal achieving. Because of the schools Christian background it opens the doors for Christians to find their way into a career that is not only fulfilling in the secular but in the spiritual aspects of their lives.

I want to start by letting you know that college is the greatest experience that as a young adult you can go through. Please don't waste your time in High School and give yourself a better opportunity to get more help through scholarships by applying yourself to get better grades in High School. College will open the doors to many possibilities and greater and better dreams than the ones that you already have. Don't allow time to slip by because it only become more difficult to achieve your goals as you get older and other responsibilities are added to your life. Don't place limitations on your future by wasting your time and not preparing for a college education. You will see that in the end it was well worth the patience and perseverance.

The food and food services could be better improved. The facilities need an upgrade and some of the technolgy. The open opportunities for companies to come into the school and offer jobs.

Brian

It is small and has great atmosphere, the teacher to student ratio is awesome and you get that feeling that they care about their students unlike bigger university's that have hundreds of students in each class.

Honestly not alot, I went to a great highschool were i feel i was prepare as any student could be. The transition was the easy part, staying on top of my schedule and school work was difficult. I would tell myself not to be lazy and not let the distractions of the college life take away from the reasons you are in school for the first place. Education is the key to my future so I wil continue to strive to make the steps to becoming a better student the next few years while I am in school.

The most frustrating thing about the school I attend now is not having some sort of Cafe/food place open 24/7. The hours are terrible, food is food but i would like not to scedule my day around when I have to make lunch.

Alex

Nyack College unifies education and Christian qualities in a special way, so that everytime you are going back to Nyack it feels like you going back home. The Nyack College Community is like a big family.

To choose the right way in your life, is just your funeral. Do whatever you want and not what people want you to do. This is your life and you should take the chances God gives you, because he has a plan for you and he will show you opportunities to live your life in the right way and make the right decissions.

The kind people acting with each other. Everyone tries to be appreciative and helpful.

jelani

Jelani tighten it all up and do not play with your life. The things of high school that are so pleasurable are but a wimper in the wind in this "real world." Don't let anyone tell you hard work is the less rewarding way because hard work builds a stone solid foundation and if the rain and wind come near you they will not be able to knock you off balance. Short cuts in short are for those who desire less from themselves. Study a bit more and joke around less knowing there is a time and place for everything. If you take a leap before a step you might fall into the gap so always remember like the tortoise and the hare, slowly but surely wins the race. Also tell your mom you love her more and more everyday she is doing and will do so much more for you than you can imagine. Peace kid!

I couldn't really confess in my heart that anything in this school could be considered as bad. At the stage I am in life now and dealing so many different forms of administration I know Nyack has some of the best on point staff this country can offer in any business. The school has gotten some great new programs over the past couple of years and it is a smaller, more family type campus with culturally diverse people working alongside each other. This school has alot to offer for a person who has a heart to serve.

Mia

Dear Mia, as far as your college career goes, stick to your instinct. You know that person isn't a good influence, so steer clear of them, do not worry about the past because it is in the past for a reason, oh and focus more on your school work, boys will come and they will go! As long as your nose is planted on those books your GPA will look nice and your scholarships too! It's fun going to the student center and playing pool, but remember you have a test in the morning so do not stay too late! Above all keep God first and everything will fall into place, you are your own worst enemy so treat yourself right! I love you, sincerely your future self

One who is focused and not easily swayed by the goings on in the college

Party Animals! this school is not for you, even though we re located near the city the night life at Nyack is non-existent

Chris

School surrounding with Jesus and liberal arts. Our school is known to live a Christ life and show and be with other people who unerstand living with Jesus in our lives.

I have gotten so much out of my college experience that will help me later in life. I have made interesting friends who have opened my eyes about Christ and living as he is my savior and friend. I have also played sports and develop leadership and the ability to work as a team. Nyack college has also improved my education and worldy views. I loved college and every person shoul attend to mature and learn more about life and the worl around. us.

I wish i knew the school was so small and that there are not a large diverse of students.

Diane

I attended Nyack (DC) Campus. While we did not have the ammenities that most colleges would enjoy (fraternities, sororities, campus life, etc), the school was comprised of adults that had various goals in mind but were focussed individuals with determination to complete. The drive of the cohorts and the professors for one to achieve at whatever their desired dream was, gave every student the push they needed to see their dream to reality.

Prior to attending Nyack, I did not see the value in engaging in conversations outside of my stance in life. My experiences at this school has thrust me into a broader and deeper appreciation for life in general. While we all have differences of opinion, it is imperative to understand the depth of one's conviction which enables you to hear them from their perspective and not your preconceived notion of a culture, person, etc. Group discussions, activities, and assignments with my cohort have taught me that while we all may take different routes in life, ultimately our goals are the same, to succeed. We must all learn to appreciate the route that each one takes and glean from the ideas, understandings, cultural differences and opinions of others. We must learn to unite and pull from the strength that is amongst you, and realize that none of us are islands, we need each other. Your help in life just may not look, believe or perceive as you do. Stay open!

The cohesiveness of the cohorts and the dedication of the professors to see you achieve.

Kelly

I have received a great deal of self worth and validation. I thought I was entering college just to get an education but what I left with was so much more. I became aware of who I was and realized I was capable of doing even greater things as I pursued other areas in my life. It gave me the confidence to speak in front of others and the assuredness of being articulate while doing so. I also tell those whom I mentor that your education is something that no one can ever take from you. Once you achieve that goal its an achievement you can always look upon and be proud of. In short my college education gave me pride, self worth, validation of self, confidence to go on to other things, and the ability to pay it forward by sharing my experience and education with others.

I wish i had been better prepared in the area of academic writing, i think i would have helped my transisition into college. Also i wish i understood the discipline it took to study and be a college student. All of these items would have assisted me greatly during my acadmic career.

A person who serious about their christian faith and thier education. Additionally someone who is responsible and serious about attaing a college degree.

ALICE

My Name is Alice M. Ballard, and I am currently a 12th grade student at John Hay High School in Cleveland, OH. I am a member of the "High Tech - Upward Bound" career path which allows me to successfully take college courses and receive college credit simultaneously. Upon graduating in June 2011, I will receive my high school diploma, along with an "Associates Degree" from Cleveland Community College - (Tri C). My experience in college has been instrumental in devleoping my social skills. I have a speech impediment that has hendered me for many years. In spite of the fact I have been athletic and out going, my college experience has shown me the other side of "success." - Being around a college campus and college students, we are all very respectful of one another, which when I talked, nobody was quick to make fun of my style of speaking. I feel elated to know that it won't be difficult to speak around others in a college environment, knowing they will not down play my words or try to embarras me. I'm looking so forward to continue my education after achieving my associates degree. Thank You.

Christopher

Nyack College is best known for its intimate environment. The population of students is very small, therefore, provides students with small classes. It is also an excellent place to study Christianity and prepare for seminary. It provides a great college experience in a Christian environment.

Before entering a university, I as a very unmotivated student, and never put my best effort into my studies. I didn't see the point of further educating myself, therefore, didn't even plan on attending college. I applied to schools anyway and got into one! I decided to give it a try and what I got as a great experience! It taught me that without hard work and committment, one can't excel in life. In order to succeed, one must put forth that much work. As I started to study things that interested me, I also discovered the joy of learning. I was no longer learning subjects that bored me, but actually learning about things that I wanted to use in my future career. College also taught me responsibility. Without a parent constantly reminding me to do my homework or to study for my tests, I initially found it difficult to get all my work done. As the semester progressed, I learned to structure my day so that I would have enough time to do everything I needed to do. Time management is key to a successful academic career in college.

The worst thing about Nyack College is its small population. Although this creates an intimate environment among the students, it also can isolate the students from the rest of the world. It makes the academics less competitive which gives less inspiration to excel in one's studies.

Nyack College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.