Nyack, NY
Nyack College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nyack College

Matthew

Nyack College is very ethnically diverse and chooses to be a college that stands for Jesus Christ.

I have learned to be even more open minded and understanding about cultures and traditions. I have learned to draw closer to God in my own life. It has been valuable to attend Nyack College because as a business major, I have been placed in a school where there is need of new services, i.e. coffee shop, that demand the attention of growing busindess student.

I woul d say the worst thing about Nyack College is the nightlife. The town of Nyack is one full of people commuting to NYC, thus is not a college town per se. It would be nice if Nyack College would have a better student center and late night coffee/snack area.

Nyack College is a culturally diverse college that focuses on delivering a Christian worldview in all areas of study.

While I was a student at a small, private, Christian highschool in upstate NY, the thought of attending college made me very nervous. I wasn't nervous about what grades I would get , meeting new people, or what profession to pursue, rather I was fixated on a single step: leaving what was familiar. Although I don't like to admit it, change has been difficult for me and taking that step to leave for college and begin a business degree was a challenge. That initial change may have been difficult on my nerves but it's now rewarding in that I am more confident and willing to attempt things that seem intimidating to me. First steps toward new experiences are an easier process since I've attended college. At first, beginning college itself was an act of courage and a willingness to overcome personal obstacles, now college is a place where I explore more unfamiliar areas in life and become equipped to address them. I value my college experience because it has emboldened me.

The most frustrating aspect of Nyack College would be the lack of common room areas; places for students to socialize at night. Because there arent many options for socializing outside of classroom, students can sometimes feel disconnected.

Nyack College is a great, college located on a beautiful campus with friendly, helpful, and caring students and faculty.

My classmates are generally interested in their schoolwork, and working hard to succeed.

My college experience has only been one year, however what I have learned far surpasses english 1 and basic algebra. The faculty has done an incredible job at making their classes not only informative, but generally enjoyable. The students are helpful, friendly, and considerate, as well as fun, and uplifting. My experience at Nyack College has been an unforgettable, and awesome one. ere is nowhere else i would rather be for the rest of my college years. I have grown academically, personally, and spiritually since arriving on the campus. My Residence Assistant (RA), as well as the other leaders in my dorm were cheerful and always lending a helping hand. The professors I had were knowlegable, as well as fun, and made my learning experience enjoyable and memorable. I found a group of friends who helped me through hard times, and helped each other grow personally and spiritually. We daily strive to uplift each other, and make ourselves better. My experience at Nyack College has been so much more than just a year at school. I met wonderful leaders, friends, and professors; I matured and grew. I would recommend Nyack College to anyone because of my experience this year.

Jasmine

The work is alot. I did'nt think I would have so much papers to write but it has become interesting to me. The people of different cultures from around the world you get to meet and they share their life style back at home with you. My college have this thing we call small groups, and we talk about our family situations and things that we have over come. I really like my school and I wish every person could experience what I am experiencing here.

Jasmine

Dear Jasmine, I know your so excited about senior year and moving on to adulthood.However,there are some things you should know about college life and life in general. When applying for colleges do not procrastinate getting college essays into the admissions office because that can delay your acceptance. You may think that writing a two page essay is a alot, but trust me hun...it isnt! Once you get to college,proffessors will expect you to write three-five paged papers so get use to all the writing.Once you get accepted to the college of your choice create a list of things you need.You should try going online and see the college's reccomendation list of things you might need.Most importantly,be yourself no matter what happens.Acting like somene else is very hard and you'll be drowned with essays to worry about that. Later, Jasmine

The Admissions office can be quiet unorganized.I have had my immuniazation forms lost twice and my w-2 forms misplaced.

A person who does not like to write or someone who likes to party should not attend this school.A person who does not like chapel services should not attend Nyack College.

Asia

Being in high school, I was very shy and quiet. I would tell myself, don?t wait too long to come out of your shell. I would tell myself, don?t be afraid to socialized and let people in your life, because you will meet some amazing friends. I would say, don?t be afraid to ask for help, in the real world people don?t come to you, ?You have to go for help.? There are many people willing to help, but you have to ask. Use a planner in order to plan ahead, because before you know assignments will pile up and you can become behind work.

I love that Nyack College is a very diverse school. I am able to build friendships with people who come from overseas and with different backgrounds. I love that there is various activities. I especially like that on Saturdays that we can go to the city and hand out food to the homeless on the streets. We are also able to talk to the homeless. I love that there is support for all students no matter where they are academically.

I sometimes do not like all of the work given. But I believe that is apart of college. I wish that the food was better in the cafeteria.

Carly

As a highschool senior I was fearful of what College demanded of me. This perspective of not believeing that I was capable of withstanding the workload and of not adjusting socially truly damaged my self esteem. It is sad to say that I allowed this fear take over my emotions and I began to shy away from the idea of College.

Well, the one thing I wish I had more clarification on, was amount of tedious work involved. This refers to College in general. I was always told that College involved a large sum of work, however it was never really clarified what was expected of me. Despite my moments of unpreparation I have overcome them, and now understand my expectataions.

Joaquin

My school is best known for its weave of academics and religion. It rewards the students with the knowledge of what goes on in our immediate world and the spiritual world as well, thus, edifying its students on two different planes for us to prosper in our careers. Academically, the school provides us with a wide variety of classes in all its departments. Spiritually, my school delivers several mandatory courses to enlighten us on theology to build a strong foundation in the future.

If I was given the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a high scool senior, knowing what I know about college life now and its transitions, the advice I would give myself is to free myself of the burden of going back in time to speak to my past self. It is much to large a responsibility. I would, as a high school senior, tell my future self that it is not worth the waste of words and time to come back from the future to forwarn me of my future self. I would tell my future self that I want to experience what life has, its beautiful struggles, its pain, its love, its ineviatable struggle for progression in this everchanging world. This would be what I would have to tell my future self as a high school senior. Not waste his time going back to the past to warn me but to keep a vigilant eye to the past, in order to free himself of mistakes commited in the past to soar into his future free of worry.

The best thing about my school is that it has a well rounded student body, of which, has faith that is undettered. Which allows a set of Christians that are willing to go out into their fields of work and spread the word of G-d and faith. Its teachers are excellent guides into the unknown of our futures. This school is one where we are only led to excel.

The first thing I would say to myself is take advantage of every oppurtunity. If there is a scholarship you could apply for take the time to fill it out because chances are there are a lot of other students who are too lazy to do it. Make sure that procrastination is a thing of your past. The best thing to do while in college is to start every assignment once you find out about it. It is not to hard to maintain a great gpa if you follow your syllabus and stay on top of your assignments. It is however very diffucult to catch up and maintain good grades. There does have to be down time or you will get burned out very quickley. Also despite what you have heard about teachers not being as friendly in colleger they really to want the best for their students. So if you are struggling just ask to speak with them and they will most likely help. The best advice I can give is to work on time management. Time management becomes your best friend in college.

Nyack College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.