Nyack, NY
Nyack College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nyack College

arsenio

For my own experience I been on that situation where I have being unemployed and wondering where my next meal or bill payment going to come. In my eight years in the Army I had the opportunity of counsel, many soldiers that were under my direct supervision, many of them with family problems, alcohol and drug addiction, and when I started to listen to these men I felt could relate to them, because I am a father too, I being there in that same chair having someone listening to my own problems. I also recognize that I am a good listener. Furthermore, as a family man I also had to deal with stress of being a father especially if you have twin daughters, with many issues and drama that young adult have early on in life.

this particular course is desing for working adults ,and persons that plan to make a career change the time is flexible.

At the moment iI can think of one beccuse is a small class , however if I of one this would be getting to the college library and finding the books for the courses.since I work full time and I am a father ,time has an effect on how i make my decisions.Nevertheless ,I believe that the school is great because is accompdating for my schedule.

Jacqueline

My school is very diverse and everyone is friendly.

My school is very diverse and everyone is friendly.

To really look for a place where not only will you grow as a person but find somewhere where people care for you and show love.

A person who is a Christian and seeks for a relationship with God.

Chelsea

It's diversity of not only races on campus, but Christian denominations and beliefs. Not only is it diverse in students, but the faculty as well. It's also beautiful!!!! Nyack would probably also be considered somewhat liberal in comparison to other Christian colleges, but definitely not as liberal as others. There is also faculty that live on campus in mentor homes and open their homes to students. There is a very close and open relationship between faculty and students. Faculty WILL know your name.

Take more AP classes- they pay off!!! Work hard, that work ethic will translate to college. When looking for a school, ask yourself where you think you could live not necessarily have the most fun. Be open to places who wouldn't have thought of and types of school you wouldn't have guessed. Think about what is important to you when it comes to school size, where you want to live etc. Prioritize those and then decide. Look and apply for scholarships!!!! Every little bit helps

The cafeteria isn't as great as it could be, although it's getting better. Also, because it is so small some of the programs aren't as developed as they could be.

Arturo

There are many choices you can make at any college. You can make the right choice, the wrong choice, and nothing. out of these three, I believe the third option would be the worst. I would strongly suggest that you take full advantage of all the services the school provides in order to truly make the most out of your college experience. Attempt to volunteer, interact, and get to know people both on and off campus. Ono top of all this, I would also urge you to test each option carefully--and remember that your best choice is made through faith.

I would have to say that the worst thing about my school would be how short the semester lasts. I'd love to learn so much more from students and faculty--and it seems to end so abruptly. I would also like more events in which I can interact with other students.

Someone who is geared towards spirituality. Someone who wants to learn how to apply their faith to every aspect of their life.

To find the college that is right for you, make sure you visit. Look at more schools than you want to and get a good idea of what kind of campus you like. Make sure you know exactly where the emphasis is. Talk to students about your questions and concerns about each particular school. Make sure you know beforehand whether you prefer small, personal classes or bigger ones. Definitelty make sure to see how well your career program is taught at each school you look at.

Miqueas

The advice that I would give to students about finding the right college is to find the place that best fits one's specific needs and likes. For example, Nyack is centered on biblical principles and Christian community, which to me is very important because I am a practicing Christian. I was delighted to find a school that shared my values. It is not the perfect school but I don't think any school is. The key is finding a school that makes one feel comfortable and allows for the chance to make many close friends. My advice for making most of the college experience is to seek to establish close friendships. Focus on one's workload but know when to relax and enjoy time with friends. It can be a hard task at first balancing these two, but doing both is important.

The best thing about my school is the racial diversity. We have people from all over the globe. It is good to share with these different people because it allows for a better insight on life and even on the material that is being learned.

The type of person that should attend this school is someone that has no problem with a Christian based campus. It is a dry campus. It is very humble and moderate in size. Someone who has no problem with this would fit right in. Also, someone who wants to be surrounded by much diversity.

My classmates are very out spoken. Everyone is different but the same at the same time. Everyone is christian at my college but with different views on certain scriptures. My classmates are very respectful and helpful.

My advice would be choose the college that best suits you and the dreams you have. Look into the programs in the special field that you want to study in and see if that college will best meet your need to learn.

The best thing about my school is chapel. Three times a week, we have chapel where we all get together to worship God and hear a message -- kinda like church. There is a passion and a fire for God on this campus.

Carla

I would encourage students to start looking into colleges their junior year in high school. Never think that it is too early, because once senior year comes its all about acceptance letters and even rejection letters. Be on top of everything and be sure not to miss deadlines and have all documentations ready. I would tell the parent to push their children to look into the schools with their child and let them know how important school is. While looking at schools, take into consideration how far it will be from home. Being very far from home can affect ones social life and that can prevent the college experience from being great. But while you are there, always rememeber thats a one time experience. Have as much fun as possible and don't miss out on oppurtunities of meeting great people, but always remember to get the work done. As I was once told its better to pay then play. Meaning, its better to pay gettin all the work done and know when its time to play and have fun. But over all, Be responsible.

The lack of social space. We are confined to a certain amount of buildings but then once midnight comes we all have to go our separate ways because everything gets locked down.

Sometimes its really about what you NEED in a college and not what you WANT. So don't be so picky about whether it has a pool or not.

I brag that everyone I have met is indeed a friend for life. We all share the same ideals about God and that unites us all together. So I can truely say I have the best friends ever.

Aaron

Racially, Spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally diverse group of people

Racially, Spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally diverse group of people

I would advise parents to encourage their students to focus on what it is they wnat to do with their life when deciding on what college to attend. I encourage parents to research with their children different colleges that have good programs for what they want to do, and weigh those colleges against one another on other areas such as location, cost, student population, or campus activities. It is very important that students apply to more than one school. One of my biggest regrets is only applying to one school, so that I pretty much had to go to that one school when there might have been other schools that were better suited to what I wanted to study. It doesn't matter if students think their mind is set, parents should encourage them to search around for what would be the best fit for them and apply to several different schools, so that their options remain as open as possible.

Lack of variety in financial aid. A lot of money is spent on sports and athletes while academica and the arts receive next to nothing. More money should be spent on both of those areas, so that the college can better foster the emotional and intellectual growth of all students.

Nyack College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.