Nyack College

« See more reviews of Nyack College

The advice that I would give to students about finding the right college is to find the place that best fits one's specific needs and likes. For example, Nyack is centered on biblical principles and Christian community, which to me is very important because I am a practicing Christian. I was delighted to find a school that shared my values. It is not the perfect school but I don't think any school is. The key is finding a school that makes one feel comfortable and allows for the chance to make many close friends. My advice for making most of the college experience is to seek to establish close friendships. Focus on one's workload but know when to relax and enjoy time with friends. It can be a hard task at first balancing these two, but doing both is important.

Just have faith and talk to God to lead and direct your footsteps to choose the right college campus for your child , yourself and other people who are interested on planning on going back to school in the upcoming year. Start looking at a head of time, instead of waiting at the last minute to apply for admissions at a particular college or universitiy that best suites you. Always look at the surrounding area of where you will be spending your college career, search for transportation, academic programs that will interest you on what your major, job setting while living on or off campus, and the most important is tuition and total expenses.

I want to start by letting you know that college is the greatest experience that as a young adult you can go through. Please don't waste your time in High School and give yourself a better opportunity to get more help through scholarships by applying yourself to get better grades in High School. College will open the doors to many possibilities and greater and better dreams than the ones that you already have. Don't allow time to slip by because it only become more difficult to achieve your goals as you get older and other responsibilities are added to your life. Don't place limitations on your future by wasting your time and not preparing for a college education. You will see that in the end it was well worth the patience and perseverance.

I would tell myself to bucle down and do all that she can do now so that she can have a life of honest happiness and so she can live life the way it should be lived. I would reassure the younger me that she CAN do anything that she puts my mind too and although it is going to be hard its nothing that she cant handle or achieve. I would sit her down look her straight in her eyes and tell her she is worth more than not doing all she can to be the best her she can be. I would make sure she knows her dreams are worth giving a shot and no matter who say what she should follow her heart. Most of all ide tell her shes not alone and if she needs help then reach out because the world is full of people that want to see her succeed !

For my own experience I been on that situation where I have being unemployed and wondering where my next meal or bill payment going to come. In my eight years in the Army I had the opportunity of counsel, many soldiers that were under my direct supervision, many of them with family problems, alcohol and drug addiction, and when I started to listen to these men I felt could relate to them, because I am a father too, I being there in that same chair having someone listening to my own problems. I also recognize that I am a good listener. Furthermore, as a family man I also had to deal with stress of being a father especially if you have twin daughters, with many issues and drama that young adult have early on in life.

Dear Mia, as far as your college career goes, stick to your instinct. You know that person isn't a good influence, so steer clear of them, do not worry about the past because it is in the past for a reason, oh and focus more on your school work, boys will come and they will go! As long as your nose is planted on those books your GPA will look nice and your scholarships too! It's fun going to the student center and playing pool, but remember you have a test in the morning so do not stay too late! Above all keep God first and everything will fall into place, you are your own worst enemy so treat yourself right! I love you, sincerely your future self

I would say take a lot of time to really think about what it is you aspire to do. Really sit down and weigh out all of your options. Also wherever you end up going remember your G.P.A is very important is especially if you plan on furthering your education, and if you are involved in any sports. Procrastination is not an option. Do not ever forget the main reason you are there, and stay focused on that. Do your best not to get distracted by too many other things outside of academics. Also don't be ashamed to ask for all the help that you can from fellow classmates as well as professors who have been there once before too.

This is a great question! I would definitely inform myself to always stay on top of my school work. I would stress the fact that laziness is definitely not a habit worth adopting. I would encourage myself to be the man I am, or rather the man that God would have me to be. In other words, be myself in Christ Jesus. Don't be fearful of others opinions. I would tell myself to be sincere in every relationship I develop in college and beyond. I would tell myself the same phrase my mother has been telling me since second grade, which is "do your best and your best will do for you!"

There are many choices you can make at any college. You can make the right choice, the wrong choice, and nothing. out of these three, I believe the third option would be the worst. I would strongly suggest that you take full advantage of all the services the school provides in order to truly make the most out of your college experience. Attempt to volunteer, interact, and get to know people both on and off campus. Ono top of all this, I would also urge you to test each option carefully--and remember that your best choice is made through faith.

Being in high school, I was very shy and quiet. I would tell myself, don?t wait too long to come out of your shell. I would tell myself, don?t be afraid to socialized and let people in your life, because you will meet some amazing friends. I would say, don?t be afraid to ask for help, in the real world people don?t come to you, ?You have to go for help.? There are many people willing to help, but you have to ask. Use a planner in order to plan ahead, because before you know assignments will pile up and you can become behind work.