Oakland University

« See more reviews of Oakland University

Everyone at Oakland University is easy going. No one is afraid to say "hi" or get to know you. Everyone is there for the same thing, to get a great education but also to enjoy the college experience. All of the clubs and organizations have activities planned daily, which means you will never be bored nor will you go friendless. Oakland University is a breath of fresh air full of positive people and opportunities to better you as a person.

It really depends on what type of class your in, if your in a big lecture hall, chances are smaller of you meeting someone. If your in a smaller classroom with about 30 students, then it is usually easier to meet someone. Also, it depends on what time your class is too, well for me at least, because I'm too tired in to morning to try to make friends. Overall, all the people i have met so far have been really nice and fun to talk to.

Classmates are friendly. Usually shy until a conversation breaks out and then its fine. Usually I dont hang out with them outside of school just because i commute but it is a good place if you are staying on campus or live close by. I still have a small group of friends from my freshman year that we hang out with outside of campus too.

My classmates are all unique in their own way, I really can't describe them in one sentence. I've met so many different types of people in class I can barely sum everything I know up about them. We go to class together and we talk in lab discussion... that's as easy as I can define them.

Most kids come here because it's cheaper than other state schools and is close to home. They just want to rush through college and get on with the rest of their lives. It can be depressing to listen to them sometimes!

Most of my classmates are very young right out of highschool; they seem to be either extremely focused and dedicated or very nonchalant and dont care much, theres really no inbetween

My fellow classmates tend to be both academically and career driven, have similar end goals in mind, and are aimed for future personal and career related success.

My classmates are a very respectable, accepting and fun student body that I enjoy going to class with each day of the week.

Motivated but occasionally unfocused due to the fact that the majority of us work full time in order to pay for school.

Everyone seems focused on themselves and what they want to do; they tend to stick around people they already know.