Oakland University Top Questions

Aimee

I often brag about my involvement in campus clubs and organizations. I love telling stories about my experience with directing student produced films. I'm very proud of my directorial accomplishments, and I love letting people know that I have achieved things that I take great pride in most of the time.

Nathaniel

Even the lecture halls are pretty small so it is very easy to get to know your professors. I love that you are not just a face in a crowd and that it seems to be a really tight nit community.

Tim

I don't really brag about anything. I didn't really like going here.

When I tell my friends about Oakland University, I brag about how great of a University it is for how much it costs and

I brag about the nre health building that was just built and how Oakland has many spots where you can hang out and study.

alyssa

I tell them that i really love the school environment and that its the perfect size not too big and not small either

flexibility of scedule

I tell them about the excellent honors program, the accessibilty, and the friendliness of staff and students.

Stacy

I tell my friends how much I love the scenic environment that Oakland Univerisity provides. I love driving to school down the winding tree-lined roadway. Also, we are a very diverse university in terms of culture and race. I have made many friends of different nationalities and learned a lot along the way. In addition, my school has a great focus on environmental awareness that continues to grow. In addition to on campus recycling and green-living dormitories, we are expanding with an on-campus organic garden and we continuosly have ideas to reduce our environmental impact.

Being a commuter student, I am forced to remain on campus in the "school environment" which may seem like a pain but I brag to my friends that this allows me to concentrate on my studies and get homework done at that time so that I have more free time later on. I love it.

When I brag about my school I am mostly talking about the location and everything around it. We have a strip of restaurants across the street, walmart 5 minutes away and so much more. We even have a 2 malls within 10-15 minutes

I tell my friends that going here is cheap, and close to home so I don't have to live on campus. Plus, even if the major I want isn't specifically offered here I can still take all the prerequisits and then easily transfer. I also get paid to be in the Pep band, which is an easy class that you don't have to take for credit.

I have had better professors then bad ones. I usually talk about how I like the library. There are a lot of study rooms and I can get a lot of work done there.

Robyn

The events that have on campus and how small the school is.

Well i'm barely going to attend this coming Winter semester but i've heard so many good things about it i know when i start ill have so much to brag about.

OU is a small enough school that its hard to get lost. They have a great Business School and great professors. The advising is very helpful and faculty are very friendly.

I typically brag about the convenient size of my classes and the safe surrounding area. There is rarely parties on campus, and alcohol does not play a large part in social get-togethers.

Chad

I am very modest.

The job opportunities and job placement, the availability of teachers outside the classroom, and the academic facilities.

The small class sizes and teacher student interaction it causes

Oakland University has a great selection of classes and really great, friendly professors. The class sizes are pretty small. My biggest class was 100 students and the smallest was about 15. Everyone is extremely friendly and the environment is very relazed. There are plenty of things to do on campus and even many things to do just while you're waiting in between classes.

undeafeted football team that does not exist, majors, here campus life ,freind you make, atheltics, acedemics

Everyone is so friendly and the faculty is wonderful and more than helpful.

The classes are nice and small.

Jean

That we have one of the only 14 accredited programs in my field of Occupational Safety and Health.

Kierstan

I do not brag about my school because there is not much to brag about. It is an okay school, but not that great. I enjoy it mainly because it has a Japanese language program, but I could have attended a school with a better one.