Oakland University

« See more reviews of Oakland University

I tell my friends how much I love the scenic environment that Oakland Univerisity provides. I love driving to school down the winding tree-lined roadway. Also, we are a very diverse university in terms of culture and race. I have made many friends of different nationalities and learned a lot along the way. In addition, my school has a great focus on environmental awareness that continues to grow. In addition to on campus recycling and green-living dormitories, we are expanding with an on-campus organic garden and we continuosly have ideas to reduce our environmental impact.

Oakland University has a great selection of classes and really great, friendly professors. The class sizes are pretty small. My biggest class was 100 students and the smallest was about 15. Everyone is extremely friendly and the environment is very relazed. There are plenty of things to do on campus and even many things to do just while you're waiting in between classes.

I tell my friends that going here is cheap, and close to home so I don't have to live on campus. Plus, even if the major I want isn't specifically offered here I can still take all the prerequisits and then easily transfer. I also get paid to be in the Pep band, which is an easy class that you don't have to take for credit.

I often brag about my involvement in campus clubs and organizations. I love telling stories about my experience with directing student produced films. I'm very proud of my directorial accomplishments, and I love letting people know that I have achieved things that I take great pride in most of the time.

Being a commuter student, I am forced to remain on campus in the "school environment" which may seem like a pain but I brag to my friends that this allows me to concentrate on my studies and get homework done at that time so that I have more free time later on. I love it.

I do not brag about my school because there is not much to brag about. It is an okay school, but not that great. I enjoy it mainly because it has a Japanese language program, but I could have attended a school with a better one.

When I brag about my school I am mostly talking about the location and everything around it. We have a strip of restaurants across the street, walmart 5 minutes away and so much more. We even have a 2 malls within 10-15 minutes

Even the lecture halls are pretty small so it is very easy to get to know your professors. I love that you are not just a face in a crowd and that it seems to be a really tight nit community.

I typically brag about the convenient size of my classes and the safe surrounding area. There is rarely parties on campus, and alcohol does not play a large part in social get-togethers.

OU is a small enough school that its hard to get lost. They have a great Business School and great professors. The advising is very helpful and faculty are very friendly.