Oakland University

« See more reviews of Oakland University

The kind of person that should attend Oakland University is someone that is serious about education. The University experience is unique in that it is only a few things is life that you can learn to appreciate. I attended college directly out of high school for a few reasons; one of which being that's what everyone expected me to do. I don't think that I really appreciated how valuable the experience was at the time. I now realize how important a college degree is in life. Not only for career goals but for personal achievement.

The people who attend Oakland University or even work at Oakland University are serious about education and duties, but have a beautiful sense of humor. People who attend this school should be ready to laugh and parcipate in almost anything. The activities and opportunities are designed to help you with anything from academics to social and even financial issues. The kind of people that should attend Oakland University should be willing to grab that helping hand and make a change.

The type of person who should attend this school is someone who wants to be something in life. Someone who wants to be more then what society tells us that we should be. That person should want to see the world for what it is. That person (if african-american like me) should know that our ancestors went though a lot for us to be able to get an education. An education is everything, or is it really?

A kid fresh out of high school who has parents with lots of money and is used to getting a lot of material things. If you want to be a nurse they do have a great program for that and also for a lot of the health science fields. Just don't expect to form tight bonds with anyone in your classes. If you like keeping to yourself and are not very social, this is the school for you.

The type of people who should attend Oakland University, are the ones who want to discover new things in different viewpoints. Oakland University provides students with many clubs that is targeted to your career choice and different hobbies. I myself attend many engineering events to learn new things and meet more people with similar interests.

Someone who is willing to strive in life and get the best education possible. Someone who likes the smaller classes but doesn't mind having a lecture class either. Someone who needs the extra help outside of class and someone who is likely to do anything possible to achieve their goals. Oakland University offers alot to those type of students.

People that can hold there own and have jobs, parents confuse staying at home for college like u have alot of extra time on your hands and theres usually to many household distractions to learn. Not to mention many parents dont see how there kids cant work full time while going to school full time. Go away, its whats best.

That's the good thing about Oakland University. Anyone can come to Oakland and receive a great education. I look at Oakland as more of a liberal arts college but it is extended to anyone. They have recently opened a medical school and are doing great things.

A person who is looking to have involvement in his/her school but still be able to focus on academics. Although there isn't a football team here, you have to find other ways to interact with people and at the same time have a great learning experience.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who has an idea of their life's direction, focused on their academic progress and does not plan to live on campus. Less than twenty percent of Oakland University students live on campus.