Oakland University Top Questions

Trevor

The type of people who should attend Oakland University, are the ones who want to discover new things in different viewpoints. Oakland University provides students with many clubs that is targeted to your career choice and different hobbies. I myself attend many engineering events to learn new things and meet more people with similar interests.

Someone who can't afford to go away to school. Those people who require a part time job to support themselves.

Parris

The type of person who should attend this school is someone who wants to be something in life. Someone who wants to be more then what society tells us that we should be. That person should want to see the world for what it is. That person (if african-american like me) should know that our ancestors went though a lot for us to be able to get an education. An education is everything, or is it really?

A hard working and dedicated student should attend OU. The student should take pride in Oakland University, and know they are going to a great school. He/She should be able to seporate class work with a job and a social life.

Ted

An individual who wants to see a changing environment. This school is changing from it's commuter roots into a full-blown university like UofM or Michigan State.

Karin

The people who attend Oakland University or even work at Oakland University are serious about education and duties, but have a beautiful sense of humor. People who attend this school should be ready to laugh and parcipate in almost anything. The activities and opportunities are designed to help you with anything from academics to social and even financial issues. The kind of people that should attend Oakland University should be willing to grab that helping hand and make a change.

johnique

the type of person that should attend this school is someone who is focused on getting their education. someone who is very determine and wants to better themselves for the future.

That's the good thing about Oakland University. Anyone can come to Oakland and receive a great education. I look at Oakland as more of a liberal arts college but it is extended to anyone. They have recently opened a medical school and are doing great things.

Loreale

The kind of person that should attend Oakland Uiversity is someone who is looking for diversity and a academic challenge.

Donald

The kind of person that should attend Oakland University is someone that is serious about education. The University experience is unique in that it is only a few things is life that you can learn to appreciate. I attended college directly out of high school for a few reasons; one of which being that's what everyone expected me to do. I don't think that I really appreciated how valuable the experience was at the time. I now realize how important a college degree is in life. Not only for career goals but for personal achievement.

Shawna

Someone who is career driven, but also likes to enjoy the feeling of a University.

Theresa

A person who is looking to have involvement in his/her school but still be able to focus on academics. Although there isn't a football team here, you have to find other ways to interact with people and at the same time have a great learning experience.

Regine

Small teacher to student ratio, very safe environment, suburban area

Someone who is independent and who has a diverse life.

People that can hold there own and have jobs, parents confuse staying at home for college like u have alot of extra time on your hands and theres usually to many household distractions to learn. Not to mention many parents dont see how there kids cant work full time while going to school full time. Go away, its whats best.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who has an idea of their life's direction, focused on their academic progress and does not plan to live on campus. Less than twenty percent of Oakland University students live on campus.

A commuter student

I think this school is good for those that can have any sort of schedule and can adapt to any time

Jean

A kid fresh out of high school who has parents with lots of money and is used to getting a lot of material things. If you want to be a nurse they do have a great program for that and also for a lot of the health science fields. Just don't expect to form tight bonds with anyone in your classes. If you like keeping to yourself and are not very social, this is the school for you.

academically focused, independent, wealthy

ffff

kim

Someone looking to go to a medium sized university.

Someone who is willing to strive in life and get the best education possible. Someone who likes the smaller classes but doesn't mind having a lecture class either. Someone who needs the extra help outside of class and someone who is likely to do anything possible to achieve their goals. Oakland University offers alot to those type of students.

The kind of person that should attend this school is one who isn't afraid to work hard and put their time in so that they can get out into the real world as soon as possible.

no one shoule go to this school. The teachers dont care about you. You are just a paycheck.