Oakland University

« See more reviews of Oakland University

Well, oakland is known for it's Nursing and Education programs. If you are interested in either of these fields, I recommend OU. Other than that, it's a fairly diverse compus, in temrs of academic programs. I received a BA in Music from OU and made friends with the people in my Major, as well as peers from other areas. The student is predominantly white and Christian, but I wouldn't let that throw you. I am not Christian and NEVER had a problem with anyone of campus. Professors were very accommodating, actually.

When it comes to colleges it's very hard to say about people attending a school. I've been to different schools and some of them I wouldn't recommended to anyone on earth. I would have to say people who don't care about there education or people who have a hard time getting to school from work or any place. We all have problems throughout our life. As with any person given the right situation for any school. It all depends on the program that your going to school for every college has an unigue situation.

Single moms with children since there arent any resources for us and when I tried to do something about that, I was shunned by my fellow students and neighbors. If you are friendly you will be lonely here since people don't really talk to you and are quiet and snobby. They judge you on how you dress and what kind of vehicle you drive. People in this area have a lot of money and will look down on you if you don't. People are much nicer in the south. I recommend you go to a college there.

A person that is really into partying shouldn't attend this school, because to me Oakland is not a school to throw huge frat parties during the week or on weekends. Also, if your not going to take your work seriously and apply yourself then you should definately consider going to a different college, especially if your going to major in something hard like Biology or Chemistry.

Someone looking to get really involved. It is a mostly commuter school, so after classes most people drive home which doesn't make a vibrant community. There are a lot of clubs, but they typically all meet between 12-1 during the week, so it is had to be involved in multiple activities if you have class then.

The only type of person that should not attend Oakland University in my opinion would have to be someone that is not ready to work hard. Oakland University is no slacker school and it will take real determination and drive to remain focused and do well throughout each semester.

The type of people who shouldn't attend Oakland University, are the ones who lack in seeking help when needed. Oakland University provides students with many opputunities to suceed, ranging from free tutoring, to after class office hours, provided by your teachers.

Someone who is very independent, and likes to experience a lot of new things. Going to school here ends up feeling like high school. The classes are all small, the workload is about the same, and you eventually start to see the same people all the time.

A person who can create his or her own schedule, smart, and can afford the rising cost of it. This person should be able to know who is right and who is wrong in their judgments about your classes you would like to take.

The type or person that should not attend this school, is a person who is not willing to study. You need to have discipline. Going to college with no intention on working hard is not a good idea.