Oakland University Top Questions

Trevor

The type of people who shouldn't attend Oakland University, are the ones who lack in seeking help when needed. Oakland University provides students with many opputunities to suceed, ranging from free tutoring, to after class office hours, provided by your teachers.

Someone looking to get really involved. It is a mostly commuter school, so after classes most people drive home which doesn't make a vibrant community. There are a lot of clubs, but they typically all meet between 12-1 during the week, so it is had to be involved in multiple activities if you have class then.

Tim

Anyone who wants a college education should attend OU. It's very accessible and has many programs to choose from.

Annazette

The only type of person that should not attend Oakland University in my opinion would have to be someone that is not ready to work hard. Oakland University is no slacker school and it will take real determination and drive to remain focused and do well throughout each semester.

If you are a procrastinator, you do not belong at any school. Be prepared to work hard and spend numerous hours on homework.

Edward

Anybody

someone who doesnt like a cumuter campus

Someone who doesn't have to drive or commitment to try hard every day to make the grades they want.

A person that doesn't like commuting. Someone that is looking for a party school, because the campus is a dry campus.

Someone who is very independent, and likes to experience a lot of new things. Going to school here ends up feeling like high school. The classes are all small, the workload is about the same, and you eventually start to see the same people all the time.

Rochelle

When it comes to colleges it's very hard to say about people attending a school. I've been to different schools and some of them I wouldn't recommended to anyone on earth. I would have to say people who don't care about there education or people who have a hard time getting to school from work or any place. We all have problems throughout our life. As with any person given the right situation for any school. It all depends on the program that your going to school for every college has an unigue situation.

A person who does not have short and long-term goals for their future shouldn't atend Oakland University; or someone who thinks they're going to want to party.

A person that cant handle comuting

Mark.

A person who wants to skate through their college career should not attend this school. Oakland University has small class sizes and the teachers do a good job of focusing on the students' needs.

A person should not attend this school if they are not serious about the college experience as a whole.

Someone who wants to party a lot and have a very large social group.

Someone who does not want to work

A person that is very involved in sports because there is not a lot of involvement.

Jean

Single moms with children since there arent any resources for us and when I tried to do something about that, I was shunned by my fellow students and neighbors. If you are friendly you will be lonely here since people don't really talk to you and are quiet and snobby. They judge you on how you dress and what kind of vehicle you drive. People in this area have a lot of money and will look down on you if you don't. People are much nicer in the south. I recommend you go to a college there.

A person who doesnot except to get the college experience they wanted. Also someone who is willing to work hard.

looking for a big school atmosphere and a football team

Well, oakland is known for it's Nursing and Education programs. If you are interested in either of these fields, I recommend OU. Other than that, it's a fairly diverse compus, in temrs of academic programs. I received a BA in Music from OU and made friends with the people in my Major, as well as peers from other areas. The student is predominantly white and Christian, but I wouldn't let that throw you. I am not Christian and NEVER had a problem with anyone of campus. Professors were very accommodating, actually.

A person that is really into partying shouldn't attend this school, because to me Oakland is not a school to throw huge frat parties during the week or on weekends. Also, if your not going to take your work seriously and apply yourself then you should definately consider going to a different college, especially if your going to major in something hard like Biology or Chemistry.

A person who can create his or her own schedule, smart, and can afford the rising cost of it. This person should be able to know who is right and who is wrong in their judgments about your classes you would like to take.

Jaclyn

The type or person that should not attend this school, is a person who is not willing to study. You need to have discipline. Going to college with no intention on working hard is not a good idea.

A person that wants to move out of their house and go to a party school should not attend oakland university. This school is mostly a commuter school, and there are never any parties on campus.

Low financees and little time for homework.

Someone who is looking for four years of heavy partying and who isn't academically focused.

keelyn

anyone