Oakland University

« See more reviews of Oakland University

I wish I had known how different university was than community college. Before attending classes at Oakland University, I had been going to school at Macomb Community College. There, the class sizes were much smaller and overall the way the classes were structured were much different. Going into Oakland University, I wasn't used to the "three exams then one final" structure that made up the majority of my courses. It's a much harsher grading system than I had become acclimatized to at MCC. I simply hadn't fully realized this increase in difficulty before I started my courses.

I wish I had known that they were going to add numerous general education requirements and raise tuition. I made my decision to attend based on information that no longer applied when I began attending. Now, I have to pay more money to take more (required) classes. I believe that it is important to be well-rounded. The significant increase in tuition is what has upset me the most. My family has made significant sacrifices in order to give me the privilege of attending college. However, as a result of recent tuition increases, even those sacrifices have not been enough.

Thing that i wish i knew before I came to this school is the cost of everything like tuition, room and board, and much more. I also wish I knew what type of classes I was going to be taking throughout all of my semesters. I wish I knew the ratings of the classes and how many people has passed and failed a class. The different types of events and organizations that I can join. I also wish I knew the type of people that went to this school. How long I had to be in school for my major.

I wish I would have known that they have a satellite campus closer to me. Ive been going to OU and I never knew that. That would have saved 40 miles round trip three times a week for four years. The satellite campus is about 10 miles from me. I hope to take classes this summer. I also wish I had looked more into scholarships. I now have allot of student loans and debt. I know it will be worth it in the long run though.

I wish I would have known how simple everything was. I started out at a community college, and I always thought that going to a university would be more complicated. If I would have known how simple things were, I would have come to the university straight after high school. I was told that I could not afford to come to a university. I could barley afford going to a community college.

I wish I had known more people and more about the campus before I came. I feel like I'm not sure where I am going and it would be nice to have more friends and people that I know around. It is mostly a commuter school, so nobody really lives on campus.

The only thing I wish that I had known before I went to OU is the fact that since it's a commuter school, it is a little more difficult to meet new people on a daily basis. In the end though, this will help me make friendships that last a lifetime.

I wish that I knew to apply to the nursing program right away. Thay way I would have been directly admitted. Now, I have a two year wait. I highly recommend knowing what you want to do before entering any college. A set plan is a good idea.

I wish I would have known that the teachers are not helpful at all, the campus life is boring, and financial aid and academic advisors give you the run around just so you can stay in school longer than anticipated.

I wish I knew more about the registration process and guidelines before coming to Oakland University. I had to learn many of the school's guidelines through experience, which made things a little more difficult.