Huntsville, AL
Oakwood University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oakwood University

Robyn

I believe that Oakwood University is a campus that truly stands by their motto, "Enter to Learn, Depart to Serve". Meaning that while on campus it is our mission as the student body to have the mind set of putting in 100% effort to get the job done. Since the campus is a Christian, private school, it is the mission to leave college ready to share the good news about Jesus Christ. We share his good news by our works in the specific field we chose for ourselves. The people are kind and are thoughtful about every student. The experience is amazing, an experience, I believe you can't get anywhere else. I wouldn't choose any other school but Oakwood University.

LaParish

I really love here its been a place where know that though may stand out its not a big deal.

dillon

Oakwood is a nice University. The quality of education is decent, however, the Biology and Business department are splendid. The University as a whole could improve if they were a little more geared to students and less worried about finances.The University does provide a wonderful opportunity to mingle with other students. I would recommend the University to others.

Claudis

Perfect school! Love the long lasting relationship that are created. Advisors could do a better job. Wish the library was more studious. I am on of the few people that enjoy Thursday morning chapel. The pancake bar was the best thing i have ever experienced at Oakwood University do it again.

Alton
The Real Oakwood University

The Real Oakwood University

Oakwood University is a diverse HBCU located in the most unique city in the state of Alabama, Huntsville. Oakwood provides a balanced college experience by prioritizing the uplifting of the mind, body and spirit of each and every student.

chanel
Tell us about your professors.

My professors are approachable, helpful and prayerful.

Tell us about your professors.

My professors are approachable, helpful and prayerful.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library is the best place to get work done

What are your classes like?

My classes are informative and interactive

The worst thing about my school is the food because the menu is all based on a vegetarian diet.

Jimmy
oakwood university

its a good school.

oakwood university

its a good school.

Natasha
I'm back

I'm back

I left years ago to pursue other things, but I have found that of all the places I have been Oakwood is the best at Arts and the pursuit of fine education. I just couldn't seem to find the environment and classes I needed. It's a private SDA institution. But I'm quite satisfied.

Khalia

They are most known for their uplifting spiritual environment, the beautiful music, and their academics.

If I could go back in time and speak with the high school senior I was... my my my! I would honestly have picked up better study habits. I maintained a 3.5 GPA throughout my senior year, and although that is great... High school studying, and college studying is something completely different. Also, I would have told myself to prepare for any and everything.

Anyone can attend honestly. The environment is exremely welcoming, secure, and filled with so many oppurtunities.

Jenelle

My classmates are very lively people. They are passionate, creative, artistic and real. They are transparent in their experiences and helpful with information, job opportunities and scholarships. They live life wholeheartedly however, they are fairly responsible people. They enjoy a good time but also thrive for great grades.

My school caters to me as an individual. Here I am allowed to be who I am and I am loved and accepted. Even though my school has a lot of other students to worry about I am thought of and considered. My school does what it can to help me succeed even if it means seeking professional help. Financial aid is accesible and open to a phone call or a visit

If I could go back in time to my high school senior self, I would tell myself that a plan is always needed. Don't think that everything will fall into your lap because it won't and that I shouldn't take it too personally when they don't. Be responsible for your actions and try not to wait until the end of Freshman year to get serious. Look forward to a good experience. Please do not focus on guys too much, they will come. Don't think for a moment that just because you attend a school with like-minded people that The Mr. Right is in your EN 201 class and no he is not that aloof musician either. Be patient with yourself and your journey; trust the process of growth because it never fails. Understand what it means to be an adult, you are moving away from Mom and Dad and their problems belong to them. While you are at school take this time to be just a little selfish, guard your time, guard your emotions and guard your study/review time. Its your best friend. Love thyself and to thine own self be true.

Oakwood University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.