Huntsville, AL
Oakwood University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oakwood University

rose

my school is christian based, promotes higher learning and encourages friendships, in which most last forever

i believe my school is best know for the focus it puts on God, second for the learning you get by being in much smaller class rooms size then most unversities

Dear Rose, Rose Rose, Rose my dear self, sweet heart make sure when you get to college you put your school work before you social life. It is wise to make sure you study at least two hours a day for each class that you are taking. Pick your friends carefully that have a bigger impact on your life then you may realize. Remember to always take time to smell the Roses, if you spend your every moment in a book, you just might miss out of the beauty life has to offer. Make sure you are nice, and kind to all you encounter you never know if that person could help you greatly down the line. Lastly put God first and He will fight all your battles for you, and smile against all odds, life will just keep getting better and better.

Princess

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself to take the next step in life seriously. I would tell myself that the fun comes after the hard work. I would admonish myself to attend all my classes on time and do all of my assingments and give 100%. I would tell myself to balance my work load and my fun, but to prioritize. I would remind myself that if I work hard after high school, I can play later. I would help myself understand that anything in life worth having takes hard work a deligence and would mentally prepare myself for the journey of completing my education. There comes great responsibility with college, but there is also a great reward once completed. I would encourage myself to ask for help if needed to guarantee my success. I would make sure that I knew the transition from high school to college is not an easy one, but once it is made it is achiveable. Ultimately I would tell myself that I can do whatever I put my mind to and that includes completing my degree.

The best thing about my school is the long lasting frienships and business relationships that are made at Oakwood. This University does not just provide a college experience, it is more like a family experience. The relationships formed at this University follow you for life and are priceless.

I brag most about the musical talent at Oakwood. The singing is amazing and powerful. You will find pure, raw talent at Oakwood University unlike any other Univeristy.

Thierry

I would tell my high school self to work harder and get a higher GPA. I would have also told my younger self to get more organized and to strive for a closer relationship with his Lord and saviour. I would tell him that the girls are not going anywhere that it's best that he focuses on his school work. I would also tell him to not procrastinate and to be more studious.

I wish I had known about the availability of scholarship programs.

I tell them how much the school fosters my spirituality. The school often holds worship and church services that help me keep a closer relationship with Jesus.

Jayde

Oakwood University is a private and historically black institution whose goal is to provide its students with education not only in their field of study but also in their relationships with Christ.

After years of experimentation, my time machine is finally complete. I check the fuel gauge, pull some levers and press some buttons and I'm off. I've reached my destination. It is the summer of 2012 and just as I suspected, my 16 year old self is nowhere to be found and neither is the floor of her room. Pulling out a sheet of paper, I begin to write a list for my younger counterpart. It reads: 1. Keep taking that ACT ASAP and don't settle for that 26. You can do so much better. 2. Apply for scholarships now! It is NEVER too early to get free money. 3. Please please please do not forget to sign up for the PSAT and become a National Merit Scholar! 4. Two words: time management. Do not stress yourself out because you are a compulsive procrastinator. 5. Have fun! I toss the note on the floor of my bedroom so as to not disrupt the space-time continuum too much. One final glance around the room and I journey back to my own time hoping that I will clean my room soon. But I know that won't happen.

Oakwood University is the home of an outstanding Biology program and a world-renowned choir.

Jazzmin

In the distance it looked normal but as I got closer it started looking stranger. As i reached my hand up to peak in the glass windows it disappeared and I was pulled into this spinning vortex. When I awoke, I was in a yellow and pink flowery bedroom. It was my childhood room for years ago. I heard a voice say, "I just don't know what to do, it's college!" I had been to college and I should probably help this poor soul, so I turned in the direction of the voice and saw...ME! Wow! I was so young and naive. I spoke up, "Um hi, I couldn't help but over hear your statement about fear of college. Could I suggest a few things?" "Of course! I need all the help I can get!" little me said. "Alright well frst take only what your absolutely certain you'll need. Pack your stuff in plastic boxes and suitcases and bring a small bag for trips. Be friendly and smile, participate in study groups, don't take on too many activities, and most importantly don't let your past determine your future. You can start brand new."

I believe the kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is interested in getting a good education, making friends for life, finding a spouse, who wants to make big steps for their future career goals, and someone who wants to be spiritually fed.

Jewel

My school is a place where you can enter to learn and depart to serve!

My school is a place where you can enter to learn and depart to serve!

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to make sure that I develop great study habits sooner than later. If I had a better study method I would have been able to successfully complete any class. I would also tell myself to do as many volunteer opportunities that become available. It is very important to have alot of research experience and things of that caliber under your belt. These are the types of things that people look at when they are trying to hire you or even give you a scholarship.

I wish that I had known to fill out more scholarships before I came to school. I would have made a part time job out of submitting scholarships. School is very expensive and that is the one thing that I regret not doing. I also wish that I developed better study habits in highschool so that I could develop them better in college.

Allyssa

Genuises who glorify God!

Genuises who glorify God!

If I could speak with my high school self I would say..pray! Pray, pray, pray! Ask the Lord to lead tou where it is HE wants you to be. While advice from others can is valuable do not be persuaded into something you're not 100% sure about. Being bombarded with too many opinions can be stressful. Visit every single school you apply to. Speak with admissions, financial aid, and an advisor at each one. Try to sit in on a class and picture yourself there. Explore the town and get a real sense of what it's like living there. Begin shawdowing so you have a real idea of what you want to major in and ultimately have a career in. Consistantly look for scholarships! Complete you FASFA ASAP! Don't wait until the last minute to get anything done for school. Create a budget, begin getting yourself organized, and have fun now, while you're young and school is free!

It is the one of the few Christian HBCUs. It has created some of the most succesful individuals out. They have incredible STEM programs! Every single instructor you have will not only help you academically, but spiritually as well. They promote a healthy lifestyle...meaning no freshman fifteen! The university is so rich in history! It's a wonderful place to be!

natalie

Hey girl, I know what you are going through is tough right now and you wish that you didn't exist. I know what has been on your mind. What good would it be if it were all over? What would you have proven in life? You have a goal to reach. Since you were young you were always talking about making a difference in life, doing something that no one else will do. What makes you think that being just like everyone else, dressing in the latest fashion, having the latest electronics or gorgeous body, most popular, will fill a void that is already full? What you value most in life is God, your parents, respect, dignity, purity, abstinence, perseverance, wisdom. These are the things that you must worry about. These are the qualities that will get you where you need to be, where you want to go and who you will become in the near future. Trust me, it may be read easier than it looks but it works, stay true to who you are and don't let anyone define you. Set your aims high, and whatever it is that you are searching for will find you.

The best thing I consider about my school is the friends. They are some of the best people you will ever meet in life. In highschool, It's different, you see yourself as the oddball, teens see you as you have no taste for fashion, when in reality you have no money to get that Prada. In this college you have friends who now understand what it is not to have the best things in life and that truly you were poor and they are experiencing having to go through what you've been through all your life until now.

The kind of person that should attend this school, is one who is spiritual, mentally, physically strong. A person who knows what they want in life and is not deviated by small matters in life. This school is head strong and it challenges you to become the highest achiever you could possibly put yourself to be. This is also a school for the broken hearted, a person who needs a friend, who is going through a depressive state because in a school like this surrounded by friends who make you smile will bring peace amidst the storm.

Princeton

They are very interesting. Most of my classmates have a very diverse background so it makes it fun to learn about them .

Curfew is the only thing about my school that I hate, but it also allows me to stay focus.

Audra

Stay focus and make mother proud! It may be hard but never give up! It is a time to have fun but there is definitely a time to get serious and take care of business. Procrastination is the enemy and stay very far away from it. Those are the exact words I would say to myself as a high school senior.

The worst thing about my school is the level temptation that surrounds Oakwood University. Oakwood University is a Christian school so it can sometimes be troublesome to "keep your eyes on the prize". To live a "Christ-like" life-style, maintain a heavy prayer life, and stabilize a structured social living that you can prosper from (friends for example) can be tough considering the world we live in now. That's the worst thing about my school but I'm grateful because it's making me a better person.

A person that doesn't take his/her future seriously. Those who don't want to grow as an individual shouldn't go to Oakwood University. My school main focus is to transform students through biblically-based education for service to God and humanity. Oakwood University is not just a business but it is solid foundation to where God's ordained people can prepare you for the calling God has for him/her.

Oakwood University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.