Oakwood University Top Questions

Denzel

I tend to brag on how comforable everyone is at the school. When you go to Oakwood you will witness and be a part of the Oakwood experience, which is something I believve everyone should experience at least once in there life.

Karis

I usually tell my freinds that my school is a very close knit school. We are a very friendly group of people that are very active in eacho others lives. At my school you also make very helpful and important connections. The school also has many programs that ensure research oppuntunites and interships during the summer breaks.

Princess

I brag most about the musical talent at Oakwood. The singing is amazing and powerful. You will find pure, raw talent at Oakwood University unlike any other Univeristy.

Thierry

I tell them how much the school fosters my spirituality. The school often holds worship and church services that help me keep a closer relationship with Jesus.

Jayde

Oakwood University is the home of an outstanding Biology program and a world-renowned choir.

Allyssa

It is the one of the few Christian HBCUs. It has created some of the most succesful individuals out. They have incredible STEM programs! Every single instructor you have will not only help you academically, but spiritually as well. They promote a healthy lifestyle...meaning no freshman fifteen! The university is so rich in history! It's a wonderful place to be!

Shawnee

I brag most about the extracurricular activities at Oakwood University. My favorite activity was choir. I loved choir. I was actually the soprano section leader for Dynamic Praise Gospel choir. I loved that the friends I made in the choir were friends for life. Also, there are a variety of different clubs on campus. Whatever you want to find or are interested in, you will find and the people you meet in these clubs or through the activities in these clubs are friends for life.

geordi

My college's choir, the Aeolians, are a national 3 gold medal winning choir.

I tell my friends that my school is very small and intimate. The atmosphere results in everyone on campus knowing about others or having some idea of who they are. I enjoy my school not only because it is small, but because it also gives me the opportunity to get to know my professors better. It's is difficult for professors to learn names rather than faces. Because of my school size, the classes are a lot smaller and the professors know their students by name and better.

Phillip

Spiritual environment; Musical talent

Jamal

The one thing that i brag about the most about my school is the fact that the religious aspect of it is very high. Not only that but the amount of friends that you will meet are very different and long lasting. They are friends that you may meet in certain classes that you work with on other subjects. The social aspect is amazing on this campus. There is always something to do when you are not studying or sleeping.

The talent that the school is filled with.

There is a tremendous amount of talent and intellect at this school. There is a vast amount of energy and effort placed into the few select majors and disciplines that the school tends to focus on. Anyone studying in these areas is taught by professors who are researching, experienced, and renowned in their fields. The spiritual and social aspects of the campus are also quite excellent. Students who make friends here form bonds for a lifetime.

Arian

Oakwood is an excellent University, which is GREAT if you are community oriented. The teachers REALLY care for all aspects of your life. Students are extremely friendly, some will stop and pray with you.

-Christian environment, -the friendliness of the students -the teachers -the campus itself - social events -new dormitory -majors -national recognition of alumni -Aeolians -Dynamic Praise, Voices of Triumph, and other choirs -Science departments -Theology -On campus skating rink -Basketball games -New male dormitory -National accredidation of certain departments -Historical on campus sites -History of campus

Sansha

Of how much of it being a blessing

I brag about how Oakwood brings out the best in you. You make a lot of friends, the teachers are friendly and no matter if you leave Oakwood there is something that just brings you back.

Adegbemisola

There is a strong feeling of community in this school. You definitely make life-long friends at this school. Most people are excited to come back for the next school and you get to know your teachers well.

Toson

The Professors care, and you make friends for a life time.

Esperanza

The Christ-centered spiritual atmosphere,the musical talent on campus, and the strong biology, theology, and music departments.

Hyacinth

I brag the most about the fine males and our biology department. I also brag about the strong christian environment that really does draw you toward Christ. I also brag about the friendliness of everyone on campus.

denisha

How friendly and easy going beacause of the organization on campus.

Chanel

No music will ever sound the same after a semester here. This is where friends are made for life-Definitely.

Rene

Best place to learn bout christ

I tell them about the Christian aspect of the school and how it is incorporated into all our classes. I enjoyed being able to have a Christian education that will prepare me for my future.

Bethani

The spiritual atmosphere and all of the friends that I have made while at this school.

Chya

The fact that my school is Christ centered and that its is a very intimate campus with faculity that really care personally about the students.