Oakwood University Top Questions

Star

If you have little to no Christian education or experience with the upper room I personally would NOT recommend this to be on the top of your college preference list. Oakwood University is a predominantly African American intuition and a highly religious private school. We begin every instructional class period with prayer. So, in my opinion of course, if you are a student who has the intention to just pursue an education with little to no spirituality involved in it, I would recommend maybe a state university where you would be more comfortable, unless you have a desire to learn more about God then this actually might be a spiritual revelation for you!!

Star

If you have little to no Christian education or experience with the upper room I personally would NOT recommend this to be on the top of your college preference list. Oakwood University is a predominantly African American intuition and a highly religious private school. We begin every instructional class period with prayer. So, in my opinion of course, if you are a student who has the intention to jus pursue an education with little to no spirituality involved in it, I would recommend maybe a state university where you would be more comfortable. Additionally, if you are not educated in African American history/ culture, then it would probably take you a little bit longer to find a habitat of individuals you would be comfortable associating yourself with.

Star

Khalia

Anyone can attend honestly. The environment is exremely welcoming, secure, and filled with so many oppurtunities.

Melony

I don't believe there is a type of person who shouldn't attend this school. If we have your degree, you should come.

Kendrika

If you are not able to transition from meat (even though you are allowed to have meet, they are just not allowed to serve it), if you have a problem with any rules, and if you are the type of person who gives up easily.

Audra

A person that doesn't take his/her future seriously. Those who don't want to grow as an individual shouldn't go to Oakwood University. My school main focus is to transform students through biblically-based education for service to God and humanity. Oakwood University is not just a business but it is solid foundation to where God's ordained people can prepare you for the calling God has for him/her.

Belinda

people that are not serious about education or spritual growth

Phillip

Non-religious or non-protestant

Peter

Someone who is easily frustrated by administrators who tend to lose paperwork or vital information concerning the student's accounts and other areas should not attend this school. also, someone who is not used to havign a curfew or being seperated by gender would be a bit uncomfortable at my school.

Sherieda

the kind of person that shouldn't attend this school will be the ones that don't know what they want to acheive in life and are not goal oriented. Also if you don't believe in socializing with others in a christian environment this school is not for you. I believe that if you want to increase your spiritual life and be in a christian environment this school is meant for you.

Jemica

People who would hurt others

dontae

anyone can attend oakwood

the type of peoples that shouldn't be allowed in the school is the party or sexually addicted kids. Oakwood is a religious school its best for students who wants to have a better relationship with God and still have a good education without messing up with their spiritual lives.

People who choose to do things in conflict with what is right. Those who wish to come and sabotash what many successful people have tried to build and maintain should not attend this school. Also, those who do not wish to gain a higher education from this institution. Many students come to our school who only wish to experience the social aspect of college and make attempts to deter others from doing what is right along the way. I wish that those people would just stay home because they are not gaining anything from the school.

Ann

people who are not focuased

Nahendra

Someone who wats to party

Kecha

Anyone who is interested in getting to know the Lord better or someone with a relationship with him, but just wants to strengthen it and have the encouragement of other believers their own age. Also, anyone interested in Theology, Biology, or Music as a major. We have excellent programs in those areas.

Peter

The kind of person that should not attend this school is the type of person who is not open-minded and accepting of new things and of new ways of thinking. They are uncomfortable with the way other cultures and ethnicities live, speak, interact with others, and lead their lives. Someone who's looking to party and play around and not take their education seriously. Anybody who's opposed to living in the south where things are a little more spread out and where people move at a slower pace than that of a city.

Krystal

Someone who is an introvert. Someone who does'nt like to socialize with other people. Somone who isn't goal orientated

The type of person I believe would feel most awkward at this school would be someone who was very liberal, politically, and non-religious. I also know that someone who is not African-American and has little to no exposure to other cultures could potentially feel out-of-place. I believe that someone in whom was raised in a non-religious family could potentially find it more difficult to adhere to the rules on campus and he/she may be entirely challenged by some of the practices reinforced. Therefore, I would not suggest this school to him/her.