Oberlin College Top Questions

Talia

Oberlin is open and friendly, full of diligent (mostly liberal) students with diverse interests and backgrounds that encourage environmental responsibility.

Holland

A sociopolitically active and creatively inclined liberal Mecca.

Oberlin is full of people who believe that one person can change the world.

Yitka

A hippie enclave for those hell-bent on dreaming big and making the world a better place.

Quirky, friendly, liberal, progressive, non-heteronormative, and challening.

Oberlin is an academically rigorous and educationally inspiring school with a liberal student body, committed faculty, a strong environmental conscious, and an emphasis on global citizenship.

Lei

Oberlin has a superb academic environment that challenges students to achieve to their highest ability, and the students are generally accepting and very open-minded.

Ariela

Oberlin allows you to find your niche, nurture it, and develop yourself into a full person.

While well-meaning, earnest, motivated and curious, some students are often very naive and are often in the process of discovering who they really are.

A crazy place where anything is possible, filled with music, green and liberal ideas, and a culture all its own.

Gwendolyn

Oberlin is a utopia of learning, art, and friendship; people here forge lifelong relationship, discover who they are and why they were put on this earth, and study a varied and wonderful set of skills, ideas, people, and things.

Anonymous

Oberlin is super awkward in an awesome way.

Tywanna

Oberlin is liberal, highly academically driven, and resourceful.

Christyn

A very liberal and experimental place in which one is able to express themselves in whatever way one wants.

I can do it in one word...fearless.

Music freaks, hippies, jocks, hipsters, emo.