Occidental College Top Questions

Chaney

A person who is enjoys the small classrooms and close interactions with their classmates and professors.

Irene

Someone looking to challenge themselves and is ready to find and take advantage of opportunities.

Someone who wants a small campus with small class sizes. It is best to live on campus in order to be involved more in the social atmosphere of the campus.

Nadia

Someone who is interested in small schools, access to professors, who is planning to attend graduate or professional school. Someone who can commute, if they are easily distracted, or if they need silence and privacy. Some one who wants ot experience the college dorm life and can easily adapt to immature college students.

Joyce

After having observed the types of people that attend Occidental College, I would say that a friendly, kind, caring, motivated, intelligent, and environmentally-friendly person would be most comfortable here. They should also be well informed and aware of current events and what is going on in the world--both politically and socially. A person who genuinely cares about various injustices in the world today, such as poverty, would find many who share the same vision at Occidental.

Mwahaki

Occidental welcome people from all walks of life and diverse backgrounds. I can't see a person that wouldn't fit in here, however to be specific, an intellgent, but down-to-earth person with compassion for others would be best suited for this school.

Meredith

People interested in social justice and race relations and the city of Los Angeles. Also, all the "good kids" in high school who were fun, well rounded, driven and involved in nearly every activity

Lisa

Someone who is motivated to seek out what they want, who upon visiting, feels that the campus is a fit, who likes school/studying just for the sake of it, who sees themselves going to graduate school

jessica

A person that is driven academically, that likes small classes and personal relationships with professors. A person that is focused and eager to learn. Outspoken people tend to do very well at occidental, at the same time, people that just tend to sit back and listen can do very well also because there is so much being said in class, it is easy to listen and learn. A person that is active in the community and outspoken about politics. A person that enjoys and appreciate sintellectually stimulating convorsations.

Raquel

Someone who isnt looking to fade into the background of a large classroom. A person who is looking to get a hands-on education and is eager to work with their professors to make the most of their education. This school is good for someone who is overwhelmed by lots of people. This community is a great place for soft-spoken people as it gives them a good environment to share their feelings. Someone who can make their own fun and is secure in who they are.