Occidental College Top Questions

Mariko

While the campus itself is gorgeous, the surrounding neighborhood around the college is mostly a lot of uninspiring urban sprawl-- you'll want a car, friends with cars, or some other way to get out of the immediate area. It's only about 5-10 minutes drive minutes to nice towns like Pasadena though.

Meredith

The hypocracy of a school focused on social justice with a primarily upper-middle class privilidged student body. Not feeling heard from administrators and a high rate of turnover within the administration

Because it's small it's often hard to find classes in specific areas that you really enjoy, so you have to be very flexible about what classes you want to take.

lack of gender studies and anthropology departments.

wynne

registration is often very difficult (sophomores register before seniors!) and it gets small sometimes

Noel

Is having ways to get off campus. Being able to buy things, like food, and making our own meals. Also having other ways to meet people besides parties and clubs.

Raquel

Sometimes students arent able to get into many of the classes that they want because we try to keep the class size so small. Also in general such a small school doesnt allow a sense of anonymity.